Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I love this over there...

Would be like us signing Diouf and Chimbonda a season earlier when we had just gone up, better quality than what we had but also detrimental to the dressing room and team spirit, especially when results are not going their way.

I'd say it's more like when they got Cisse tbh, and he kept them up.

Eh you can believe what you want but i know a lot of african players have lied about their ages because they would have never been able to get trials in europe.

I have seen some of my friends from gabon do so when we used to play football and i was younger than them and 5 years later they are all younger than me by at least 5 years.

Africans tell fibs, it's what they do best. And here you are lying about Obafemi Martins losing his pace, the irony.

:kinnear:

Been to Africa much, out of interest?

Guest malandro

they wont admit it, but they're oozing jealousy. he's a step above anything they have as well.

Why do think they haven’t tried to get him on loan?

I haven't read anything about this. Is this actually 'reports' or 'French reports' or 'Sunday Sun reports'?

Its directly from the Marseille presidents mouth. He was speaking on live tv before OM's game yesterday.

Ah right. The cynic in me suggests, then, that it's nothing but a "hurry the f*** up" call to the teams who actually have the cash to buy him.

My excitement for this potential transfer is somewhat muted. It wouldn't surprise me if any interest from us, if there ever was any, wained weeks ago. Looks like we're being used a bit as a pawn here.

That's a bizarre way of looking at it :) The Marseille chairman said that the deal should be concluded by Tuesday or Wednesday, and Hughton's comments after the match yesterday suggest we're definitely in for him.

I'd say it's 90% to be happening, but that doubt will always remain until he's signed.

Ah really? I was unaware of any further comments from Hughton other than the "cracking player, but we're not interested" and such and such titbit. Like i say, not really kept up to date with this as it seemed a bit too much of a pipe dream.

Sounds promising in that case. :)

EDIT:  Didn't read the earlier post.

I'd imagine he means the lack of any denial from Hughton suggests we're in for him, not that we really need that considering all the other info.

28th July? A lot has happened since that article, in particular the Marseille owner anouncing on TV that he will join us :lol:

It is but that's the only quotes I have read from Hughton about Ben Arfa.  Unless you have heard more from him?

EDIT:  Didn't read the earlier post.

I'd imagine he means the lack of any denial from Hughton suggests we're in for him, not that we really need that considering all the other info.

Right, fair doos. :thup:

Fingers crossed. If this deal works out exactly as the title suggests, it's a seriously fucking good signing. We'll have seriously pulled the rabbit out of the hat with this one if it comes off.

Guest neesy111

28th July? A lot has happened since that article, in particular the Marseille owner anouncing on TV that he will join us :lol:

It is but that's the only quotes I have read from Hughton about Ben Arfa.  Unless you have heard more from him?

the club doesn't confirm or deny rumours!

they didn't with sol campbell or with gosling.

the fact the MARSEILLE chairman says they've accepted our loan offer, means we are in for him

Okay, yeah that's the only time he's mentioned him personally. The fact we've been silent on the subject for 2 weeks while the story has been continually plugged speaks volumes.