Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Most french papers, including L'Equipe and La Provence going with the story that they won't let both Niang and Ben Arfa leave, and Niang appears very close to leaving. They also seem to suggest that he doesn't want to stay though, and that he may dig his heels in.

After sifting through the heaps of shite in this thread and reading between the lines, this post seems to sum the situation up. Can't be sure obviously but it fits and is totally plausible.

Hope he signs but at least we're in for a player of his calibre which implies Hughton knows we're a bit short. Let's just wait and see.

Guest neesy111

God i hope they have a Plan B.

Knowing this club i doubt it.....

like i said yesterday, this transfer is absolute bollocks and we should get out now, cos we've been taken for a ride here, and your right the club won't have a plan b

Skjelbred should be plan B. Especially for the fee thats been mentioned for going to schalke. Probs not as much flair/skill/goal threat as Ben Arfa mind.

I think it's getting to the point where this isn't happening now, like. I hope we have our fingers in more pies.

God i hope they have a Plan B.

Knowing this club i doubt it.....

like i said yesterday, this transfer is absolute bollocks and we should get out now, cos we've been taken for a ride here, and your right the club won't have a plan b

I've moved in the opposite direction. I started off thinking we were just being used, but now the deal looks like a probability.

I certainly can't see him staying at Marseilles. No matter what's going on with this other player, this has all gone too far. The manager doesn't want the player and the player wants to leave. The club has no room for manoeuvre.

Guest secteur2010

Bit in there about a medical and a possible shot at Monday at OT. After that my pigeon French has gone tits up. Plus I see what I want to see and nowt else

Apparently the headlines say

Ben Arfa is not gone

The leaders note the departure from Marseilles have Mamadou Niang. They want to henceforth keep the international ... who wants to join Newcastle.

So more of the same then

Headline saying he's not left, Marseille want to keep him, he wants to go to Newcastle.

something really doesn't add up about that does it?  he's at the french champions, can go to other teams who'll have better domestic campaigns than us and he'll not get an increase in wages

yet he wants to come to us

hm.... ???

When do we pull out of the deal, we can't keep going along like this ?!?

Surely we are capable of working on more than one transfer at a time? Chill!

:lol: agree

it's not like half the club will be locked in a room 18 hours a day discussing shit with OM, more likely a stand off with one side waiting for the other to move

When do we pull out of the deal, we can't keep going along like this ?!?

The player is away on international duty, so nothing was ever going to be finalised until later in the week.

The press are just filling the gap with all sorts of speculation.