Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Games are still being played, as said about 30 pages ago (probably), this won't be resolved either way for a good while. They have unhappy player but want a transfer fee, we are being cheap but know at the moment we are in the league he wants to play in.

Roll on 200 pages.

More than anything, we're in the better position.

They have a player that wants to leave ridiculously badly and we have a player that is desperate to join us. Hell, I'd be taking the piss with offers - they have to get rid of him.

Maaaaaaybe it's just, you know, the awful economic climate we currently live in meaning that bargaining is now a reality as opposed to just caving in to what the seller wants? Terse, hard-nosed negotiating, in my opinion, will become a new feature of football in the same way that ludicrously over-priced transfers did pre-recession.

Also, leave Neesy alone. He's alright him. Even if he does tan so much he looks like he's from India.

I don't see why people are so keen to sign him.

He walked out of training - and this is the sort of player we want at our club?

The main reason we did so well last season was because of the team harmony - seems to me like he's going to come in and disrupt it straight away,

The main reason we did so well last season was because of the team harmony - seems to me like he's going to come in and disrupt it straight away,

Surely you can see the reasoning behind him kicking up a fuss.

I'm kind of ignoring that tbh. :shifty:

I just want us to sign some more talented footballers.

Yes, I can.

It's still not very professional though (but a typical Frenchie thing to do)

Yes, I can.

Haven't read the Bellamy thread...... but I'd say a lot want him back, yes?

The sort of player we want at out club?

Give over, man. Our club is heading for relegation.

This. We want (read:need) talented players. The attitude boost was all well and good in a league where we had enough to win most games just by default of being in the Premier for so long. I'd trade Ben Arfa's talent for Nolan/Smith's attitude any day of the week.

I'm gonna reserve judgement on the 'R' word until after the window, but the way we stand I think we're going down like.  :no:

It's hard to tell. There's so many teams that are on the same level. Obviously the 3 promoted teams are in trouble. I think Sunderland have gone backwards and will be brought into the fight. Wigan also, as well as the teams from last year like Wolves and West Ham.

We'll be in the fight - no doubt. However remember what happened last time we had these 'talented' footballers on high wages? They got stroppy and the whole team started to perform badly because of it.

All I'm saying is that it's a fine line, and we shouldn't be looking to sign someone just because they're talented. They have to have the right attitude as well.

Yes, I can.

He walked out of training because it was said to him he could leave if certain demands were met.... they were met he didn't get to leave he throws toys out of the pram nothing unusual for a footballer and his ENTOURAGE

This guy is a loon, first he was encouraging the move, then he said the move was close, then a bid was accepted, deal would go through soon, then maybe they don't need to sell him, then our bid was turned down, then it wasnt high enough. Now there was no bid?

Was the same guy the problem with the Habib deal several years ago? That seemed to take a bloody age, ended up looking like it would never happen then it did out of nowhere.