Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd like to think that the main detals of his contract were sorted when he came over 2 weeks ago. I know we officially said we were refusing to talk to him without permission but I think we may have had the odd chat or 3 to sort something out.

You never know though.  :shifty:

Do you reckon it was the same sort of 'Chat' that Ashley Cole had with Peter Kenyon in that restaurant before he moved to chelsea?

Guest Heneage

I'd like to think that the main detals of his contract were sorted when he came over 2 weeks ago. I know we officially said we were refusing to talk to him without permission but I think we may have had the odd chat or 3 to sort something out.

Will you be having your cup of spunk before or after dinner?

You might be right. He did say when he went back that he'd spoke to Hughton and he'd offered him a central playmaker role, didn't he?

I've read that much fucking drivel in this thread I've forgotten who said what and when tbh.

I think it's worth reminding ourselves that the reason he turned down Real was because they have much better players than us which meant he wouldn't get a game lads :lol:

Nah, we're clearly going places whereas Madrid are on the decline. Doesn't wanna board a sinking ship, which is fair enough really.

Will you be having your cup of spunk before or after dinner?

???

I'll give Ashley/Llambias credit when they get his signature on the contract. Even so I believe HBA's already said this moves not about the money so it shouldn't be a hard sell.

I'll give Ashley/Llambias credit when they get his signature on the contract. Even so I believe HBA's already said this moves not about the money so it shouldn't be a hard sell.

got to be first team football promise in his favoured position huh?  presumably he see's himself as a number 10 behind the striker...good times, as despite his histrionics at OM it suggests played where he wants he'll be motivated enough to succeed if he was motivated enough to force this through :thup:

To be fair, if even some of the quotes and reports have been true, it seems like we've behaved pretty well during this saga and stood strong for the deal we wanted.

A little bit of credit must go to the club for that.

I think the biggest reason we have got Ben Arfa here is because for some insane reason he had his heart set on coming here. For our part we put in an offer and kept our fingers crossed he wouldn't go anywhere else.

Dunno why people keep saying that. I think it's more he had his heart set on leaving Marseille, and at the time his Newcastle quotes came out we were the only club who he'd spoken to or who had made an offer. I don't for one second think he's forced this through out of any burning desire to play for us.

Agree - he has probably heard about the fans etc from Ginola or Robert and that NUFC are a big club but not so big that he would face a problem getting into the side as at Madrid. Likes the idea of being big fish

in a small pond where he can put himself into the shop window for the top PL sides.

All the hype about Hughton etc is just fairy-land stuff - all players think about is themselves and their pockets...he's French and owes no loyalty to NUFC.

To be fair, if even some of the quotes and reports have been true, it seems like we've behaved pretty well during this saga and stood strong for the deal we wanted.

A little bit of credit must go to the club for that.

I think the biggest reason we have got Ben Arfa here is because for some insane reason he had his heart set on coming here. For our part we put in an offer and kept our fingers crossed he wouldn't go anywhere else.

Dunno why people keep saying that. I think it's more he had his heart set on leaving Marseille, and at the time his Newcastle quotes came out we were the only club who he'd spoken to or who had made an offer. I don't for one second think he's forced this through out of any burning desire to play for us.

Agree - he has probably heard about the fans etc from Ginola or Robert and that NUFC are a big club but not so big that he would face a problem getting into the side as at Madrid. Likes the idea of being big fish

in a small pond where he can put himself into the shop window for the top PL sides.

All the hype about Hughton etc is just fairy-land stuff - all players think about is themselves and their pockets...he's French and owes no loyalty to NUFC.

Bollocks. The only positive things Ben Arfa has said about the club are regarding Hughton ffs.

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

Nope, sill every possibility he'll choose to go elsewhere still.

Fuckin Hell, your are a kind of a pessimist. Fuck me...I really hope you'll apologize for your numerous "still think he'll not join us" comments in case we sign the guy. :-)

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

Fuckin Hell, your are a kind of a pessimist. Fuck me...I really hope you'll apologize for your numerous "still think he'll not join us" comments in case we sign the guy. :-)

Pessimist, nah. He's simply not signing.

/there's no way that I'm jinxing this one. O0

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

With all respect, people can be reserved until its official, we have been fucked in the last minute before. :rolleyes:

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

I think BottledDog is doing a sterling job of counteracting the hoodoo represented by all the people posting formations before we've even signed the guy.

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

I think BottledDog is doing a sterling job of counteracting the hoodoo represented by all the people posting formations before we've even signed the guy.

:lol:

Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Owwwwww.

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

Fuckin Hell, your are a kind of a pessimist. f*** me...I really hope you'll apologize for your numerous "still think he'll not join us" comments in case we sign the guy. :-)

They'll have to apologize in case we don't sign him! :-)

f***ing GET IN!!!!!

Nothing's done yet.....

Fuckin Hell, your are a kind of a pessimist. f*** me...I really hope you'll apologize for your numerous "still think he'll not join us" comments in case we sign the guy. :-)

Pessimist, nah. He's simply not signing.

/there's no way that I'm jinxing this one. O0

:-)