Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think it is strange to say Nolan has no end product, ok he's no world beater but knows how to move his pork around the penalty area

Sorry, I should have made it clearer- What I was getting at was Nolan does have an end product and the other two don't. :pow:

Nolan is probably my 2nd favourite player at the club,

How come? Genuine question :)

I don't think he's the best of players - but he epitimises what we now have at this club. How many times do you hear people say "I'd rather see a team of people who give 200% than can play with 50% but have more ability"? Now is the time when people who believe that can admire Nolan and co, and others are busy jizzing voer Hatem. (That isn't a criticism ftr, obviously the signing of HBA is positive and could take us to the next level).

He, and others currently at the club are rumoured to have been the ones to initialise this whole "if you're in-you stay, if you're not f*** off" mentality. Along with that his leadership on the pitch is brilliant, he elads by example - by scoring goals and going in where it hurts. As well as by his mouth which is constantly going.

He stays fit for a lot of the season and shows a constant desire to play for us, the fans, and the club itself.

He is a breath of fresh air in modern day football, as are many of our players, but Nolan is our sheppard and not one of our sheep, and I thoroughly admire that.

Anyhoo, José is my other favourite, simply because he is hard as f*** and our best player with regards to quality.

There are not many players who I believe when they say how proud they are and how much they love being at this club, but with these two I genuinely believe it.  :smug:

Totally agree.

Guest jonnyameobi

how have we actually managed to sign this kid? just watched some you tube footage, he looks better the messi :p

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

how have we actually managed to sign this kid? just watched some you tube footage, he looks better the messi :p

vous allez être surpri

dans le bon sens

nos dirigeants sont des clowns

You'll be surprised

in the right direction

our leaders are clowns

I can see it being Barton to make way for HBA, Hughton will use Nolan & Barton in rotation but it will be Joey to miss out first, Nolan in CM alongside Tiote. Barton on bench, HBA will come off in games we are winning to keep him fresh Barton will come into CM with Nolan pushing up.

Oh and until Tiote is starting games Smith will be left out so CM of Nolan & Barton

I think it is strange to say Nolan has no end product, ok he's no world beater but knows how to move his pork around the penalty area

Can you take of this ugly thing from your signature?????

Can you take off that ugly thing from you avatar?????

I can see it being Barton to make way for HBA, Hughton will use Nolan & Barton in rotation but it will be Joey to miss out first, Nolan in CM alongside Tiote. Barton on bench, HBA will come off in games we are winning to keep him fresh Barton will come into CM with Nolan pushing up.

Oh and until Tiote is starting games Smith will be left out so CM of Nolan & Barton

I don't think Barton will be dropped - he's playing really well. At least to start off with, I think Ben Arfa will be used as a sub for Nolan or Jonas. He'll need to get used to Premiership football gradually.

Besides, I think he'll be a very handy sub. With that pace of his, he could be devastating when the opposition slows down and gaps start to appear.

@OptaJean posted today that Hatem Ben Arfa played the full 90 minutes of just 10 Ligue 1 matches with Marseille. Quite interesting.

I don't think he chose to come here as a super sub and if Hughton see's him as the missing link in the team then he will be starting games.

I agree I would not change it as it is now but I think he may be straight in the starting 11.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think he chose to come here as a super sub and if Hughton see's him as the missing link in the team then he will be starting games.

I agree I would not change it as it is now but I think he may be straight in the starting 11.

The next game against Blackpool is the ideal opportunity to bring him on for the last 25 minutes should the game warrant it

He wont start, there is no need to change the team, we are playing well and creating chances

Guest sicko2ndbest

:lol:

Barton captain, doesn't send out the best message does it?

He is the driving force on the pitch, vocal, intelligent, one of best players, influential and a real fighter.

He is ideal captain material for me, very Keanesque!

:lol:

Barton captain, doesn't send out the best message does it?

He is the driving force on the pitch, vocal, intelligent, one of best players, influential and a real fighter.

He is ideal captain material for me, very Keanesque!

in the past two games.

Barton looks like he's sorted himself and turned his life around. He's perfect captain material for me. He's also our best player in my opinion.

I would be amazed if he was dropped after his start to the season.

Drop Nolan and give Barton the captain's arm band.

Barton DM and Arfa as AM.

Barton DM? :lol:

Yeah I don't think we need Barton in any sort of DM role.  That'll be Tiote's place.

We should play that "diamond" formation or whatever it's called.

Tiote

Routledge     Barton        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Nolan has to be the first to be dropped.  Not that I don't think he's important, it's just that Nolan's current place on the pitch seems to be where Ben Arfa is most useful.  Hopefully it's gradual.