Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is a wum, he's proved that on other forums.

Put it this way - the name ''Christmas Tree'' doesn't reference the formation, he's not a football man. Tooj got it in one when he said he was a wum.

From what I gather, Toontastic.net were delighted to see the back of CT.

Not true at all.

Some toontastic posters find it hard to communicate with someone who is a glass half full sort of chap and would rather cast a dark cloud over everything connected to NUFC.

Did I give as good as I got? Yes

Did I choose to stop posting on Toontastic? Yes

Did I and do I still get on very well with the majority on Toontastic? Yes

About being a glass half full chap...I suggest you use that philosophy with Ben Arfa. Yes he might lose the ball sometimes, yes he might be a precious character who is difficult to handle but (here comes the glass half full bit)

He's fast

He's skilful

He has a tremendous left peg

He opens up defences like a can of beans

He cost £5m instead of £15m

He's fucking mint.

He is a wum, he's proved that on other forums.

Put it this way - the name ''Christmas Tree'' doesn't reference the formation, he's not a football man. Tooj got it in one when he said he was a wum.

From what I gather, Toontastic.net were delighted to see the back of CT.

Not true at all.

Some toontastic posters find it hard to communicate with someone who is a glass half full sort of chap and would rather cast a dark cloud over everything connected to NUFC.

Did I give as good as I got? Yes

Did I choose to stop posting on Toontastic? Yes

Did I and do I still get on very well with the majority on Toontastic? Yes

About being a glass half full chap...I suggest you use that philosophy with Ben Arfa. Yes he might lose the ball sometimes, yes he might be a precious character who is difficult to handle but (here comes the glass half full bit)

He's fast

He's skilful

He has a tremendous left peg

He opens up defences like a can of beans

He cost £5m instead of £15m

He's fucking mint.

All of which I agree with.  :)

Canuck. Don't know why you even bother. The crux of it all is CT making a big deal out of nothing at all, and going on about it. Of course "the mob" will shoot him down.

Struck a chord with me - that's all. I have made a few posts that sought information or offered a benign view and they are ignored. It strikes me that unless a post is extreme (positive or negative) it is not fit for discussion.

I hold no extreme opinion on Ben Arfa. He is potentially a very exciting addition to the squad. I don't believe he, or any of our player's for that matter, are beyond criticism or scrutiny. We praise them readily enough after all.

What I would hope, is that there could be some discussion of player's without stock excuses. When a favourite is not playing well, "give him time" "he needs a few matches to bed in" etc. are invariably trotted out. When a player who is out of favour is not playing well, "sell..." "get rid" "happy to see the back of".

I have played for 35 years (still turn out for 3 different sides) and coached for 10 years and perhaps look at players for how they enhance the team so I have a perspective informed by those elements.

I know that is not how these boards generally work but as my Dad always says "Live in hope, die in despair".

Canuck. Don't know why you even bother. The crux of it all is CT making a big deal out of nothing at all, and going on about it. Of course "the mob" will shoot him down.

Struck a chord with me - that's all. I have made a few posts that sought information or offered a benign view and they are ignored. It strikes me that unless a post is extreme (positive or negative) it is not fit for discussion.

I hold no extreme opinion on Ben Arfa. He is potentially a very exciting addition to the squad. I don't believe he, or any of our player's for that matter, are beyond criticism or scrutiny. We praise them readily enough after all.

What I would hope, is that there could be some discussion of player's without stock excuses. When a favourite is not playing well, "give him time" "he needs a few matches to bed in" etc. are invariably trotted out. When a player who is out of favour is not playing well, "sell..." "get rid" "happy to see the back of".

I have played for 35 years (still turn out for 3 different sides) and coached for 10 years and perhaps look at players for how they enhance the team so I have a perspective informed by those elements.

I know that is not how these boards generally work but as my Dad always says "Live in hope, die in despair".

Those aren't stock excuses, when a player's been out for over a year it's perfectly reasonable to expect a few games to get back up to speed. He's not beyond criticism but how is allowing some time for adjustment unreasonable?

Urgh, those tram-lines in his eyebrow/hair.

Got them done when he should have been playing for the reserves n'all.

Worra cunt.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/medias/2008/12/12/4034921.jpg

Those aren't stock excuses, when a player's been out for over a year it's perfectly reasonable to expect a few games to get back up to speed. He's not beyond criticism but how is allowing some time for adjustment unreasonable?

I was speaking in general on the bolded bit.

With Ben Arfa, I have no problem that he needs to come up to speed. I think there is more to it than that, is all.

Yes, he has been away for a year. HOWEVER, the team that he is in now is vastly different than the one he was in then. Different tactics, abilities, mentality and style. I think it is up to him to fit in with the team and not the other way around. I noticed a few things that concern me in these terms. Why is that not fodder for reasonable discussion.

I'll explain it this way. I play CB in my team. My partner Carlos, was out injured for four matches. His replacement, Ted,  is equally talented but plays a completely different style than Carlos. For the first game Ted and I kept things fairly simple until we could form a partnership and understanding.

In the case of Ben Arfa, why is this not on? Why can't we discuss the pros and cons of this in light of his (to me) obvious talent and ability to read the game. I am curious to hear how people see his progress in fitting in to the team, what motivates him, where he is developing connections on the field and where he is not.

Colo and Jonas are two examples in the current team of players who have improved. My contention is that they are playing with defined roles and expectations of their team mates. This has led to what we see as individual improvement.

Pardew has already stated he intends to play Ben Arfa in a 'number ten' role behind the forward/s. He'll take to time to regain fitness, he'll take time to regain sharpness and he'll take time to play into the team dynamic. That's all been pretty evident from his substitute appearances where he's almost tried too hard to do something clever when there has been what looks to be a better option available.

We also know he's anything but an angel, he went on strike to find his way here as well as having numerous attitude problems in the past. However to tediously argue the his attitude may be in doubt in black and white due to denied press speculation is a bit daft like.

Agree with that for now. I won't be bothered to speculate on his attitude off the pitch.

In the #10 role he has a reponsibility to link midfield with the high striker. With Cheick in "the Tiote role" I am keen to see the dynamic with Cabaye. I saw a few misfires v Wigan. Will HBA be complementary to Cabaye in your opinion?

Did Ben Arfa play the #10 role previously? What about for the national team? I am not familiar with the French team. How do they line up?

With Ben Arfa, I have no problem that he needs to come up to speed. I think there is more to it than that, is all.

Yes, he has been away for a year. HOWEVER, the team that he is in now is vastly different than the one he was in then. Different tactics, abilities, mentality and style. I think it is up to him to fit in with the team and not the other way around. I noticed a few things that concern me in these terms. Why is that not fodder for reasonable discussion.

I'll explain it this way. I play CB in my team. My partner Carlos, was out injured for four matches. His replacement, Ted,  is equally talented but plays a completely different style than Carlos. For the first game Ted and I kept things fairly simple until we could form a partnership and understanding.

In the case of Ben Arfa, why is this not on? Why can't we discuss the pros and cons of this in light of his (to me) obvious talent and ability to read the game. I am curious to hear how people see his progress in fitting in to the team, what motivates him, where he is developing connections on the field and where he is not.

Colo and Jonas are two examples in the current team of players who have improved. My contention is that they are playing with defined roles and expectations of their team mates. This has led to what we see as individual improvement.

Ted, Carlos and Hatem Ben Arfa. There is definitely a difference, I just cant put my finger on it.

Ted, Carlos and Hatem Ben Arfa. There is definitely a difference, I just cant put my finger on it.

:lol:

:lol:

:aww:

I'm struggling to see peoples reason for debate here.

From what i've read (which isn't everything), no-one has said he is s*** or even average for that matter. I think we all accept he is a talented footballer. All people are saying is that he needs to get his head up and play it simple a bit more often, yet the majority jump to his defence about not being sharp enough. Whilst I understand that this is a reason for lack of fitness, this isn't a reason that effects the brain. To look up and notice your team mates and/or the opposition is not something that is effected by a broken leg.

Also, it's just constructive criticism - yet people make it out that it's like Ben Arfa is above any form of criticism because of his talent. Well I can only remember one "superb" thing he's done for us so far and that was his goal vs Everton. He has to prove himself in Black and White for me to class him as a fan favourite, not just our world class injured man.

Because he's some what of a favourite people make countless excuses - which I could understand for someone like Shearer towards his end here, but for Hatem, he has more to do and I actually really think he will tonight.

I'm struggling to see peoples reason for debate here.

From what i've read (which isn't everything), no-one has said he is s*** or even average for that matter. I think we all accept he is a talented footballer. All people are saying is that he needs to get his head up and play it simple a bit more often, yet the majority jump to his defence about not being sharp enough. Whilst I understand that this is a reason for lack of fitness, this isn't a reason that effects the brain. To look up and notice your team mates and/or the opposition is not something that is effected by a broken leg.

Also, it's just constructive criticism - yet people make it out that it's like Ben Arfa is above any form of criticism because of his talent. Well I can only remember one "superb" thing he's done for us so far and that was his goal vs Everton. He has to prove himself in Black and White for me to class him as a fan favourite, not just our world class injured man.

Because he's some what of a favourite people make countless excuses - which I could understand for someone like Shearer towards his end here, but for Hatem, he has more to do and I actually really think he will tonight.

It didnt really start because of any of the points you have made. Everyone knows he needs to improve and everyone accepts it will take time. No biggie

It kicked off because Christmas Tree ( i feel stupid calling someone that) insinuated he may be a bad apple based of the fact he hasnt played a reserve game. A theory he has pulled out of his arse basically. Then shit went down.