Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Christmas Tree - has Ben Arfa become your new figure to try and find faults in? Or is it still Jonas?

Hates them both. 2 of our most talented players. Madness.

Re Ben Arfa, quite a few share the opinion that his performances so far since his return have been well below par.

jesus titty-fucking christ

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Christmas Tree - has Ben Arfa become your new figure to try and find faults in? Or is it still Jonas?

Re Ben Arfa, quite a few share the opinion that his performances so far since his return have been well below par.

What the fuck are you expecting man? :lol:

Why would he refuse to play in the reserves but happily play against Forest? Both equivalent games, with minimal coverage, poor stadium, against a poor side, long journey, not a sterling evening weather wise and not many fans there.

What a bizarre post.

Why would he refuse to play in the reserves but happily play against Forest? Both equivalent games, with minimal coverage, poor stadium, against a poor side, long journey, not a sterling evening weather wise and not many fans there.

Surely a piss take.

I would have liked him to improve his fitness / match sharpness in the reserves as Marveaux did.

Im a bit insure why anyone finds this strange???

Anyone who does should at least give some sort of opinion as to why this hasnt happened. I can't see the down side tbh.

I would have liked him to improve his fitness / match sharpness in the reserves as Marveaux did.

Im a bit insure why anyone finds this strange???

Anyone who does should at least give some sort of opinion as to why this hasnt happened. I can't see the down side tbh.

Marveuax's been fit enough to play in the reserves for longer, has he not? You wanna be complaining to Pardew really by the sounds of it, to my knowledge HBA's missed one reserve match he had a chance of playing in due to family reasons.

His performances are gonna be low par for a while until he's match fit, he's still changed the way the team can play play twice in two appearances totalling 60 mins though. We've scored a vital equaliser and a vital winner with him on the pitch. Not bad.

What the fuck are you talking about man, Marv played in a reserves game because he was picked to play in it. Ben Arfa, from what we understand, missed the only reserve game he was picked for due to personal matters (you can speculate this all you want).

It's not like Marv has been braying on Pardew's door, demanding he play in "every reserve and closed door game available", he's just played in the one(s) he was picked to play in. It's not difficult to fathom.

EDIT: Aimed at Crimbo Tree

Surely a p*ss take.

Nope. Christmas Tree is banging on about him being a bad apple and refusing to play in the reserves with these dodgy excuses or at least that's the gist of it, while we all know it's tripe, we can't really quantify it with any evidence for him.

The Forest game practically was a reserve match though. Early stage of the poorest domestic competition, against lower level opposition, with reserve level players playing alongside him. If HBA thought himself above lower standard games, why not refuse to play then and come up with excuses?

Unless of course, you think there's much of a difference between the standard of a cup game against lower level opposition, compared to a regular reserve match? There really isn't.

This is getting a bit like groundhog day!

Marveaux is out a year and part of getting match fit naturally involves him putting in 2 or 3 90 minutes performances in the reserves. Pardew obviously thought this was a good idea.

Ben Arfa is out a year and does none of the above even though at one point he was in the team to play for the reserves until a last minute withdrawal.

Everyone on here believes he needs to get match fit and get games under his belt.

Can no one offer any explanation as why Pardew would see fit to do this with players like Marveaux but not Ben Arfa.

(my last attempt at trying for an answer to this).  :-)

Surely a p*ss take.

Nope. Christmas Tree is banging on about him being a bad apple and refusing to play in the reserves with these dodgy excuses or at least that's the gist of it, while we all know it's tripe, we can't really quantify it with any evidence for him.

The Forest game practically was a reserve match though. Early stage of the poorest domestic competition, against lower level opposition, with reserve level players playing alongside him. If HBA thought himself above lower standard games, why not refuse to play then and come up with excuses?

Unless of course, you think there's much of a difference between the standard of a cup game against lower level opposition, compared to a regular reserve match? There really isn't.

Well there is a trophy to be won, in a good stadium, with a healthy away contingent, against a side which would probably beat our reserve lineup (no offence to the lads), I think there is a bit of a difference

Surely a p*ss take.

Well there is a trophy to be won, in a good stadium, with a healthy away contingent, against a side which would probably beat our reserve lineup (no offence to the lads), I think there is a bit of a difference

A trophy that who cares about? Our own manager still calls it the Coca Cola cup ffs. Hardly anyone takes it seriously in this country, until they get to the later stages of course.

You think a player that's won major domestic honours in his own backyard, really gives a crap about it? Our own manager played a reserve side that day, aye it's a real clincher that one.

The later stages or the big teams, aye, i'd agree but not Forest away in one of the earliest rounds. Stadium wasn't even anywhere near full, players of that calibre that are used to 50,000s won't care about 9,000 people.

Sorry but I give a crap about the league cup and any other domestic trophy, you must still be celebrating our last one in 1950 odd to care obviously, but your entitled to your opinion so that's fair enough.

And forest away in A non descript cup as you say with a 10,000 crowd is still distinctly better than a reserve game in which there may be 100 or so people, quality-wise the lot.

Sorry but I give a crap about the league cup and any other domestic trophy, you must still be celebrating our last one in 1950 odd to care obviously, but your entitled to your opinion so that's fair enough.

And forest away in A non descript cup as you say with a 10,000 crowd is still distinctly better than a reserve game in which there may be 100 or so people, quality-wise the lot.

Of course i care about it as a cup personally, i'd love to win it as a fan. But i'm talking from a professional's perspective, managers don't really take it that seriously, players don't seem to and why would a foreign player in particular? It's not one of the glamorous, well-known cups and it wasn't a big game to be involved in.

Like i said, the ground was half empty and players like him won't bat an eyelid about going to play Forest away, in front of 9,000 people, sad but in all probability, true. The majority of our reserve side played that day, we beat them, quality really wasn't that high.

I would just refuse to converse with someone trying to liken a reserve game to the 4th round of the Carling Cup like

You honestly think Ben Arfa views a 4th round Carling Cup match, against Nottingham Forest, as a big game? Give over man, he won't give a crap about that stage of the competition or that team. I'm not saying they're exactly the same situation, they are similar quality and coverage but still, he will view it as a lesser game, certainly.

And on the non-conversing part, you already did.

This is getting a bit like groundhog day!

Marveaux is out a year and part of getting match fit naturally involves him putting in 2 or 3 90 minutes performances in the reserves. Pardew obviously thought this was a good idea.

Ben Arfa is out a year and does none of the above even though at one point he was in the team to play for the reserves until a last minute withdrawal.

Everyone on here believes he needs to get match fit and get games under his belt.

Can no one offer any explanation as why Pardew would see fit to do this with players like Marveaux but not Ben Arfa.

(my last attempt at trying for an answer to this).  :-)

Marveaux has only played once for the reserves.