Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Obviously we don't know exactly what happened, but the idea that Ben Arfa is reluctant to play reserve games isn't exactly a strange one, and we've seen before with Joey Barton that Pardew tends to treat the more quirky characters in a very diplomatic way.

With coming back from a career-threatening injury, and then getting injured again on tour from a bad tackle, Ben Arfa might not want to risk playing against a bunch of over-enthusiastic youngsters who are still learning the game and who are eager to make a name for themselves.

A good point.

Hatem ain’t Arf hot

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Wednesday 26 October 2011 12:30

HATEM Ben Arfa’s been knocking on the door at Newcastle United for weeks now – and manager Alan Pardew’s in no doubt he has the keys to unlock any defence.

Ben Arfa is pushing for a start against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park in the Carling Cup tonight.

The 24-year-old made his comeback from injury in the previous round of the competition.

Ben Arfa’s not started a game since Newcastle’s third-round win over Nottingham Forest last month, but Pardew admits he won’t be able to hold back the forward for too much longer.

Pardew threw Ben Arfa on at half time against Wigan Athletic on Saturday. While he didn’t prove to be United’s match-winner – his countryman Yohan Cabaye scored the only goal of the game – Pardew has been heartened by his form and fitness since returning from the ankle problem he suffered in pre-season.

“He is going to be important in these type of games, because he can unlock a door,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“He can do that at any level. In terms of passes and clever moments, he showed that in little flashes against Wigan.

“Hatem is at a much better level than he’s ever been since I’ve been at the football club, so we’re hoping that he’ll start featuring.”

Banging on doors and unlocking them, get this lad a job in MI5.

Guest mimifrench

French press won't make a story/farce if Ben arfa was puting with the reserves...

And even if it was the case, what would be the problem then ? If he needs it to find again his sensations he has to go, play for the reserve...

If he think he'll be in the starting XI just because his name is Ben arfa and that he's talented, then he's more stupid than I thought.

In fact, if he was intelligent, it's by himself that he should have been asking Perdew to play there...

And what it this all "banging on the doors, then locking doors" story ??

This is fantastic. A poster on here questions a player who has the blind support of other posters and he is called a child, told to go back to TT and roundly criticized.

This could be a Monty Python skit with a bunch of punters sitting around... "That Ben Arfa's a gem", "mmmm ya a real gem", "ooohh a talent", "fanatastic - yeah" and they all nod in to their pint.

Along comes another fella and says, "I am curious if he is showing enough committment based on what I am hearing".

"SP***ER", "MORON", "F*CKIN' CLOWN"...

Newcomer says, "Hold up, I am just curious if he might be better doing x,y or z..."

"CHILD", "GIT", "go back to the other pub, anyone who dares question our favourite player has no place here".

It is ridiculous that dissenting views are mocked in such a shallow manner. The apex of this is when a poster is called an 8 year old WUM simply because they offer a view not in keeping with the mob.

The Nile Ranger thread is a goldmine of examples. The player went from the second coming of Ferenc Puskas to a pariah in 250 pages or less.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He is a wum, he's proved that on other forums.

Put it this way - the name ''Christmas Tree'' doesn't reference the formation, he's not a football man. Tooj got it in one when he said he was a wum.

This is fantastic. A poster on here questions a player who has the blind support of other posters and he is called a child, told to go back to TT and roundly criticized.

This could be a Monty Python skit with a bunch of punters sitting around... "That Ben Arfa's a gem", "mmmm ya a real gem", "ooohh a talent", "fanatastic - yeah" and they all nod in to their pint.

Along comes another fella and says, "I am curious if he is showing enough committment based on what I am hearing".

"sp*****", "MORON", "F*CKIN' CLOWN"...

Newcomer says, "Hold up, I am just curious if he might be better doing x,y or z..."

"CHILD", "GIT", "go back to the other pub, anyone who dares question our favourite player has no place here".

It is ridiculous that dissenting views are mocked in such a shallow manner. The apex of this is when a poster is called an 8 year old WUM simply because they offer a view not in keeping with the mob.

The Nile Ranger thread is a goldmine of examples. The player went from the second coming of Ferenc Puskas to a pariah in 250 pages or less.

There's some truth in that like. Certain players go through stages of being virtually untouchable on here, and Ranger was one of them 2 years back.

"SPACKER", "MORON", "F*CKIN' CLOWN"...

He is a WUM though.

Put it this way - the name ''Christmas Tree'' doesn't reference the formation, he's not a football man. Tooj got it in one when he said he was a wum.

From what I gather, Toontastic.net were delighted to see the back of CT.

Back to Ben Arfa, I reckon he'll have a blinder tonight. Blackburn aren't the best team out there so can definitely see the lad making a massive impact. Hopefully he'll play the full 90 minutes too.

Spot On tbf  :lol:

Silly boy  :)

Discussing an article in yesterdays papers is hardly Wummery.  Maybe I should have posted in joined up writing.

Its also a good measure of a man to judge people how you find them and not on the say so of others. If I took Leazes Mags / NE5 word for this place I should find they place full of teenagers from china!

He is a WUM though.

Any evidence of that on this board?

Thought not  :)

There's some truth in that like. Certain players go through stages of being virtually untouchable on here, and Ranger was one of them 2 years back.

Perhaps so, but in this case a mountain is being made of a molehill based on idle press speculation. Is there a genuine concern wrt Ben Arfa? I don't really see anything so I'm at a loss to see what the fuss is about.

From what I gather, Toontastic.net were delighted to see the back of CT.

Not true at all.

Some toontastic posters find it hard to communicate with someone who is a glass half full sort of chap and would rather cast a dark cloud over everything connected to NUFC.

Did I give as good as I got? Yes

Did I choose to stop posting on Toontastic? Yes

Did I and do I still get on very well with the majority on Toontastic? Yes

Perhaps so, but in this case a mountain is being made of a molehill based on idle press speculation. Is there a genuine concern wrt Ben Arfa? I don't really see anything so I'm at a loss to see what the fuss is about.

I agree, but the mountain was caused by the fanboys. The original post was pretty tame and relating to an article in the press. Surely Newcastle articles in Newcastle papers are fit for discussion on the Internet?