Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reality hits you hard Bro!

Seriously, if the Ben Arfa worship was taken out of peoples comments this thread would be a lot more readable. Excuse after excuse. Some will demanding he plays in goal shortly just so that he is on the pitch.

Lets just agree that so far he has never yet "done it" for Newcastle and looks some way away from doing it just yet. We cant afford to carry him and as some have pointed out, the team has done very nicely so far.

Also worth noting that Pardew wasnt even here when he played last season so will be even less willing to carry him. Being able to turn it on in training means nothing if you cant do it for real.

Hopefully, this chap will see the benefit to be gained from a few appearances in the reserves. If not I fear it will be a tantrum filled few months til January.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Missed the Everton game did you?

Juses fucking wept...the lad has come back from a serious leg break, then picked up a niggle at the start of the season, give it fucking time.

Im no Ben Ara fan boy but christ give the lad and the management team time to bring him up to speed.

Seriously, if the Ben Arfa worship was taken out of peoples comments this thread would be a lot more readable. Excuse after excuse. Some will demanding he plays in goal shortly just so that he is on the pitch.

Lets just agree that so far he has never yet "done it" for Newcastle and looks some way away from doing it just yet. We cant afford to carry him and as some have pointed out, the team has done very nicely so far.

Also worth noting that Pardew wasnt even here when he played last season so will be even less willing to carry him. Being able to turn it on in training means nothing if you cant do it for real.

Hopefully, this chap will see the benefit to be gained from a few appearances in the reserves. If not I fear it will be a tantrum filled few months til January.

One goal mate, seriously?

Remember John Barnes against Brazil.

I really hope it comes off for him at NUFC, but it simply just might not happen for him here. Thats football.

I really hope it comes off for him at NUFC, but it simply just might not happen for him here. Thats football.

Aye just one goal, didn't win the match or owt and he didn't boss that game at all on his full debut.  Sorry, what does he have to do for him to have 'done it' at NUFC?  Score 3 hat tricks, get 4 assists in one game, get man of the match 8 games in a row?  If he plays another 25 games and he still looks like he does now, you might have a point.  Getting a bit tedious now though.

Guest icemanblue

Aye just one goal, didn't win the match or owt and he didn't boss that game at all on his full debut.  Sorry, what does he have to do for him to have 'done it' at NUFC?  Score 3 hat tricks, get 4 assists in one game, get man of the match 8 games in a row?  If he plays another 25 games and he still looks like he does now, you might have a point.  Getting a bit tedious now though.

None of that. He just has to be unpopular. Criticising unpopular players does not generate attention.

Look at that little whiny bitch

We all wish he'd come on and won a couple of games with incredible displays in the tiny amount of minutes he's had, but to actually expect anything approaching that is mental.

The lad has been out for ages and is also an unorthodox player that tries low-percentage stuff. Give him a chance, no doubt by the end of the season we'll be jizzing all over him.

We all wish he'd come on and won a couple of games with incredible displays in the tiny amount of minutes he's had, but to actually expect anything approaching that is mental.

The lad has been out for ages and is also an unorthodox player that tries low-percentage stuff. Give him a chance, no doubt by the end of the season we'll be jizzing all over him.

Don't be daft, man. Away with you, you sensible bastard.

Guest Roger Kint

100% agree with Wullie/Parky/Decky & Lan W

Christmas Tree getting almost giddy after last night is utterly pathetic. The 8 year old trapped in a middle aged blokes body post from earlier is very apt  :rolleyes:

Guest Roger Kint

My comments were solely based around this drivel

What the hell are you talking about? My post wasnt that hard a concept for you was it?  :idiot2:

Sounds about as anonymous as Best vs Wigan

Not sure what game you watched, but Best put in a better performance than Ba, Ben Arfa and Shola on Saturday.

Best was really unlucky to be the one subbed against Wigan, he put in a good shift. Should have finished that header like, but that's par for the course with any striker.

Sounds about as anonymous as Best vs Wigan

Not sure what game you watched, but Best put in a better performance than Ba, Ben Arfa and Shola on Saturday.

Best was really unlucky to be the one subbed against Wigan, he put in a good shift. Should have finished that header like, but that's par for the course with any striker.

I was surprised he left Ba on when I could see Ben Arfa standing on the touchline with his training top off.

I thought Best held the ball up well with his back to goal, ran the channels and showed some excellent dribbling skills on 2 occasions that I remember to get into the box.

I just presumed it must have been over the challenge he made to get the yellow card but to claim he was anonymous is ridiculous.