Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll play in some capacity, Everton will outnumber us in midfield just like Wigan did.  We were a much better side in the second half against Wigan when HBA came on and we kept it on the deck a lot more and gave Watson something to think about.  I love Besty and Ba, but they do encourage hoof ball at times, and Everton have some decent centre backs, would rather we tried to pass it about and get players 'in between the lines' as Pards would say. 

Think he'll get at least 20 minutes on Saturday.

Best and Ba are obviously in on merit at the moment, Ba grabbed the headlines as well as Jonas but Best put hell of a shift in out there. I really liked the way he retained the ball. It was a great way to relieve pressure, especially in the 1st half. I too would have liked to see HBA come on for Obertan but can understand why Pardew didn't make that change.

Going to be interesting to see how this lads career plays out over the coming months. Its going to be very tough for him to get back in by the way we are playing and new arrivals in January will only add to the selection choices.

Ba's scoring and Best is creating and holding play up well. Strange old game.

Going to be interesting to see how this lads career plays out over the coming months. Its going to be very tough for him to get back in by the way we are playing and new arrivals in January will only add to the selection choices.

Not in the reserves squad today , worrying.

Not a worry but a shame.

I cant see why any fan would have a problem with him continuing his road to full fitness in the reserves, particularly if first team match time is going to be hard to come by like last night.

I really dont understand it  :undecided:

Not that worried or surprised about it. None of him, Marv or Santon have gone as they may well have big roles to play, albeit most likely from the bench, in a lunchtime kick off on Sat. I know Sammy has gone (although I think it is a bit different in his case - 19 year old, should be jumping at every opportunity etc)  but I trust AP's judgement and he has clearly decided it is more beneficial that they get a days rest, having travelled back from Stoke late/early, than to play in a reserve game.

Not a worry but a shame.

I cant see why any fan would have a problem with him continuing his road to full fitness in the reserves, particularly if first team match time is going to be hard to come by like last night.

Is Marveaux there?

Not a worry but a shame.

Is Marveaux there?

No idea or unsure of the relevance?

I didn't bring the reserves up today!

I accept Pardew must have his reasons but still don't get why some fans appear to think HBA getting match fit in the reserves is a bad idea.

Guest icemanblue

Not a worry but a shame.

Is Marveaux there?

No idea or unsure of the relevance?

I didn't bring the reserves up today!

I accept Pardew must have his reasons but still don't get why some fans appear to think HBA getting match fit in the reserves is a bad idea.

They don't. They just don't care if he does or not.

Guest Howaythetoon

I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. His injuries and the way our side is now performing as a team and the dynamics, shape and system of that team, just don't match for me. He's a very good individual but right now I wouldn't have him in my starting 11. I'd have the same team we played last night but with Marveoux for Obertan, Tiote back in for Guthrie obsviously and perhaps Santon for either Simpson or Ryan Taylor and even then i'd be reluctant to replace either of those at this moment in time. We need Best up front because of his strength, running and hold up play. We can't drop Ba because he's our main goal getter. Jonas has to play due to his defensive game and the fact he's an outlet. His form and game is a huge factor in our recent success. Cabaye and Tiote pick themselves. Ben Arfa isn't a right winger either so just where does he fit... I can see him going out on loan in Jan or kicking up a fuss. His time was last season where the side could accomodate such an induvidual. Today we are a very strong side that is showing, doesn't really need him or such a player.

I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. His injuries and the way our side is now performing as a team and the dynamics, shape and system of that team, just don't match for me. He's a very good individual but right now I wouldn't have him in my starting 11. I'd have the same team we played last night but with Marveoux for Obertan, Tiote back in for Guthrie obsviously and perhaps Santon for either Simpson or Ryan Taylor and even then i'd be reluctant to replace either of those at this moment in time. We need Best up front because of his strength, running and hold up play. We can't drop Ba because he's our main goal getter. Jonas has to play due to his defensive game and the fact he's an outlet. His form and game is a huge factor in our recent success. Cabaye and Tiote pick themselves. Ben Arfa isn't a right winger either so just where does he fit... I can see him going out on loan in Jan or kicking up a fuss. His time was last season where the side could accomodate such an induvidual. Today we are a very strong side that is showing, doesn't really need him or such a player.

Yeah cos we're going to carry on like this all season, suffer no injuries and nobody's going to suffer a loss of form.

You need more than a first 11 and things change throughout the season as far as how players are playing and how the team is playing overall, as well as injuries.  What happens in January when we lose Ba for a few weeks?  What happens if we get an injury to Best or one of our wingers?  What if one of the attacking players starts to under perform or the team just doesn't have enough creativity in certain games and needs something a bit special?

I think its crazy to say that its not going to happen for Ben Arfa here because he wouldn't get into the side right at this moment.  If he has another game like he had against Everton would Perdew drop him for the next game?

Guest Howaythetoon

Yeah cos we're going to carry on like this all season, suffer no injuries and nobody's going to suffer a loss of form.

You are missing my point, of course he'll get some game time, but for him to shine he has to or needs to be the main man and when everybody is fit and performing well as is the case right now, I cannot see him being that main man for us. Pardew would be mad to bring him into this team as a first teamer right now because we are doing so well. Yet he clearly needs games.

You are missing my point, of course he'll get some game time, but for him to shine he has to or needs to be the main man and when everybody is fit and performing well as is the case right now, I cannot see him being that main man for us. Pardew would be mad to bring him into this team as a first teamer right now because we are doing so well. Yet he clearly needs games.

I know what you're saying but I think the other point that's being made here is that the team as it is right now may not be the same team for the rest of the season (at times it definitely won't be).  When Ben Arfa gets his chance he could take it and become a main player in the team.

I'm just glad that we have players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon who can come into the side if we hit a dip in form or if we have injuries.  Its then up to them to keep themselves in the side and with the way Pardew seems to play it if they do well they'll stay in the team.

Yes that is ridiculous. Football is strange.....to think we've found a team that has gone unbeaten without him playing is a real surprise. The lad will feature and will no doubt contribute soon enough. It's often either peaks or troughs with football fans, there is a middle ground and that will be Ben Arfa featuring at some point an no doubt causing havoc in defences.

This whole Ben Arfa he's either the "second coming" or "not going to happen for him here" is so tedious.

I know what you're saying but I think the other point that's being made here is that the team as it is right now may not be the same team for the rest of the season (at times it definitely won't be).  When Ben Arfa gets his chance he could take it and become a main player in the team.

I'm just glad that we have players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon who can come into the side if we hit a dip in form or if we have injuries.  Its then up to them to keep themselves in the side and with the way Pardew seems to play it if they do well they'll stay in the team.

My thoughts exactly, whilst they might be frustrated now in not getting decent time with the team, Pardew's approach of sticking with players that perform might benefit them in the future provided they play well when they get the chance.

Seems a lot of fans on here, on my FB and at the matches have written off HBA.  Pretty f***ing laughable like.

Is just plain wrong. He will have a massive future here as long as his personality is managed. There are no real signs that he's lost anything from his game, only that he's making bad decisions. He isn't ready for a start at the moment but any time he can get on and get minutes is good for him and good for us