Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't see any reason to be worried about HBA at this point. He didn't come in against Stoke because it was land of the giants and we needed grafters to see the game out.

Best and Ba aren't perfect, they will lose form and get injured, and we'll lose some games soon enough. When that happens the door will be open for petit Hatem to come in and show what he can do.

We all wanted him to set the world alight from day one, but we also never expected the players in the shirts to be doing so well and making themselves undroppable.

Obertan got an assist so he'll probably keep his place sadly. It really should be him making the impact from the bench though, especially at home.

Feel even worse for Marv, who should get more than 10 minutes against Everton.

Bollocks, if HBA is being kept on the bench because of how the team is performing on the pitch that is only a good thing.

I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. His injuries and the way our side is now performing as a team and the dynamics, shape and system of that team, just don't match for me. He's a very good individual but right now I wouldn't have him in my starting 11. I'd have the same team we played last night but with Marveoux for Obertan, Tiote back in for Guthrie obsviously and perhaps Santon for either Simpson or Ryan Taylor and even then i'd be reluctant to replace either of those at this moment in time. We need Best up front because of his strength, running and hold up play. We can't drop Ba because he's our main goal getter. Jonas has to play due to his defensive game and the fact he's an outlet. His form and game is a huge factor in our recent success. Cabaye and Tiote pick themselves. Ben Arfa isn't a right winger either so just where does he fit... I can see him going out on loan in Jan or kicking up a fuss. His time was last season where the side could accomodate such an induvidual. Today we are a very strong side that is showing, doesn't really need him or such a player.

Quite OTT like, especially the bit in bold.

Guest icemanblue

He'll eventually come in for Best, after a loss, and do well. He'll then be considered a starter. He's not getting in the team at the minute because of our form.

Mongs will be mongs.

Obertan got an assist so he'll probably keep his place sadly. It really should be him making the impact from the bench though, especially at home.

Feel even worse for Marv, who should get more than 10 minutes against Everton.

Bollocks, if HBA is being kept on the bench because of how the team is performing on the pitch that is only a good thing.

Settle down.

Obertan has been shit for most of his time here, especialy when we have time on the ball and need to make something happen in the final 3rd. He's good on the break if he picks the right ball but he hasn't got the quality to carve a team open like HBA has (And Marv has shown). Just because we havn't lost a game yet doesn't mean we cannot tweak our side slightly in the hope of improving it.

I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. His injuries and the way our side is now performing as a team and the dynamics, shape and system of that team, just don't match for me. He's a very good individual but right now I wouldn't have him in my starting 11. I'd have the same team we played last night but with Marveoux for Obertan, Tiote back in for Guthrie obsviously and perhaps Santon for either Simpson or Ryan Taylor and even then i'd be reluctant to replace either of those at this moment in time. We need Best up front because of his strength, running and hold up play. We can't drop Ba because he's our main goal getter. Jonas has to play due to his defensive game and the fact he's an outlet. His form and game is a huge factor in our recent success. Cabaye and Tiote pick themselves. Ben Arfa isn't a right winger either so just where does he fit... I can see him going out on loan in Jan or kicking up a fuss. His time was last season where the side could accomodate such an induvidual. Today we are a very strong side that is showing, doesn't really need him or such a player.

Yeah cos we're going to carry on like this all season, suffer no injuries and nobody's going to suffer a loss of form.

My exact reaction when I read that post. Ben Arfa will at some point get his chance, if he's that good as he was prior to that injury he'll get a spot in the team in no time. In the longrun we need a genius of Ben Arfas capability, be now or later in the season, he'll play an enormous part in our hopefully successful season.

We have not really played the type of teams I would bring back a lightweight flair player struggling physiologically with the physical side of the prem. The few sub appearances he has put in he has pulled out of challenges. He will come good, probably against the more skillful less physical teams.

HBA isn't shit, very far from it and he isn't broken psychologically. I just don't like the attitude that  it's annoying that someone scored or got an assist because their keeping him on the bench.

He'll break into the team when it's right to do so and when we need him to do so.

Until then it's all gravy.

Seems a lot of fans on here, on my FB and at the matches have written off HBA.  Pretty fucking laughable like.

Lots of fans wrote off Enrique and Coloccini early on as well, while others insisted the quality was there and it would show through. Who was right in the end?

Seems a lot of fans on here, on my FB and at the matches have written off HBA.  Pretty fucking laughable like.

Lots of fans wrote off Enrique and Coloccini early on as well, while others insisted the quality was there and it would show through. Who was right in the end?

Well Enrique was so shit we didn't give him a new contract and Colo is half the player Wes Brown is. :dontknow:

HBA isn't shit, very far from it and he isn't broken psychologically. I just don't like the attitude that  it's annoying that someone scored or got an assist because their keeping him on the bench.

He'll break into the team when it's right to do so and when we need him to do so.

Until then it's all gravy.

I never claimed it was annoying Obertan got an assist because it'll keep HBA on the bench. I'm glad he got an assist, hopefully if he does keep his place (which I don't think he should) he continues to get many more, great. However he shouldn't keep his place just because he had a rare decent game and got an assist. (He probably would have kept his place regardless).

IF Hatem is fully fit he should start ahead of him, it's my opinion of course, but if we're worried about collapsing due to 1 change to the system then we're in for a rough 2nd half to the season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's the new 'thing'.

He'll be our best player given time.

I somehow keep missing these posts where HBA is written off.

Seems to be loads complaining about him being written off yet none actually writing him off.

Bizarre really :-)

Deary me.

You don't have to look further than the last page.

From HTT - "I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. "

I somehow keep missing these posts where HBA is written off.

Seems to be loads complaining about him being written off yet none actually writing him off.

Bizarre really :-)

Deary me.

You don't have to look further than the last page.

From HTT - "I personally don't think it will ever quite happen for Ben Arfa at Newcastle. "

Or the one 3 posts before CT's by ujpest.