Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The microscope under which we're placing every single moment of his on the pitch is shameful.

It's only because we're being starved and drip fed these appearances. We're getting to a point where his lack of apparent sharpness is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. It's time he started and properly took part in games.

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

I explained this in my post earlier. When he came on, our objective was to hold on to the lead not score another goal. This was what he was told to do by Pardew and this was what he did. Sure we could have done with a 3rd goal but it is not as simple as that. An attempted through pass could easily resulted in loss of possession if i) the pass went wrong, ii) was intercepted or iii) the striker (Ba) did not get to the ball on time. This would have been awful because our midfield was not only inferior but outnumbered and being overran and our defenders clearly knackered. His performance should be evaluated based on what he was told to do and our need in that particular game at that given point of time not just based on what we think is generally awesome.

The microscope under which we're placing every single moment of his on the pitch is shameful.

It's only because we're being starved and drip fed these appearances. We're getting to a point where his lack of apparent sharpness is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. It's time he started and properly took part in games.

Pardew would have to change a winning team and too be fair to him he cannot ,Santon cost 5  million and sits on the bench and he will be inwardly pissed off too but injuries will come and they will both get there chances and its up to them to take them and Pardew will have to put Ben Arfa in somewhere .

benarfanufc10 :huff:

ben arfa go on loan if not plays , pardew dreams  top 6 in pl with obertan best jonas :o

It's shame the treatment of chris and the fan is amnesic .Chris>Pardew

The génius who is martins35 years  :rolleyes: nolan :crazy2: owen the usurper of the ballon d'or :naughty: duffy the dog

Nufc is good team in 80's gascoigne waddle ..90's shearer asprilla ginola solano but 2000's  :blackeye:

Thought I'd quote this for people to see it on this page.

Aw, lay off. With a little bit of concentration, I understood it. There's room for every contributor.

Mind you, Chris > Pardew?  ???

I  don't really understand why people go on about that he might not fit into Pardews tactics and so on. Is it only me or wasn't the plan that he would play behind the striker from the beginning? He got injured in the US and Best and Ba took their chances. As soon as one starts performing badly or HBA takes his chance he'll be starting upfront with one of the two. He'll fit into the tactic as the one we're playing now is from the beginning probably plan B. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the right against Shitty if Oby, Marv are out.

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

I explained this in my post earlier. When he came on, our objective was to hold on to the lead not score another goal. This was what he was told to do by Pardew and this was what he did. Sure we could have done with a 3rd goal but it is not as simple as that. An attempted through pass could easily resulted in loss of possession if i) the pass went wrong, ii) was intercepted or iii) the striker (Ba) did not get to the ball on time. This would have been awful because our midfield was not only inferior but outnumbered and being overran and our defenders clearly knackered. His performance should be evaluated based on what he was told to do and our need in that particular game at that given point of time not just based on what we think is generally awesome.

For once I agree with alpal. Weird day :p. Anyways, Baggio is clueless :lol:

Guest tunisia

hello

even if I do not recognize yet that Ben Arfa is able to change a game by itself, I find you still hard on him.

a month ago all said it would take six months for it to return the form, and then you criticize too much because it keeps the ball.

during the match before it enters the defenders in front and swinging the ball back quickly eveton to attack.

each attack was more dangerous.

Ben Arfa in the early running around to generate, it is ok not very good defensively he makes mistakes but it breaks the rhythm of everton. at a time he recovered the ball, and he kept up an opposing player commits the fault, it broke again the pace of everton, and Taylor was pleased with this action because it allowed your team to recover.

Ben Arfa at a time could pass the ball to Ba but it was not as risky as going to succeed. Ben Arfa is a default, it will never pass the ball while it is not certain of success. it makes it a little selfish but that's not its purpose.

Another thing that surprised me is his control of the chest completely missed, the pass was high but it shows that it is not yet ready. it will come. I hope for him and for you as it is a good player.

There's criticism that I find too easily. if it does not become the greatest player in six months then sell it, but then you feel after a month, while he has not played an entire match.

even if you have a good team, acknowledge that many games were won with great difficulty, and you struggle to put the game

I wish you to be in the top 4 at the end of the championship, but be patient. when Ben Arfa played with Marseille and Lyon, many said they could do without him. now much regret including me.

The excuses and spin in this thread from the fanboys is verging on legendary.  :lol:

If he scores an own goal in the next match it wouldn't surprise me to pop in this thread and find out that he "had to do it to spur on his team mates"!

Just give it a rest until he actually does something  :lol:

I'm somewhere in between all of this. I feel in the longrun Ben Arfa is going to be crucial, as I don't believe Best and Ba will bring success over the course of a whole season. However, changing it right now would be harsh, I'd rather stick him on the wing since Best and Ba are getting us goals and causing defenders problems. However, I do not agree for a slight second that Ben Arfa should be behind Sammy Ameobi in the pecking order on the wing. Ridiculous.

There's no need for excuses or spin.

He's a class player who has done nothing wrong for us so far. He's coming back from a serious injury and trying to break into a successful team.

Fucking hell, agreeing with you too? Not possible...

Guest tunisia

There's no need for excuses or spin.

He's a class player who has done nothing wrong for us so far. He's coming back from a serious injury and trying to break into a successful team.

who told you about an excuse? :)

I mean I actually did not make excuses. excuses for him should he still there is error on his part.

I'm just saying that you find any errors while ny has not necessarily.

it is not extraordinary, a year ago of injuries, you say it's a exus is a fact.

I am very harsh on my comments on Ben Arfa in general because I know he can always do more but there the judge on stupid things, it's not worth the trouble.

these are covered in three or four months:) or may be before.

Guest tunisia

The excuses and spin in this thread from the fanboys is verging on legendary.  :lol:

If he scores an own goal in the next match it wouldn't surprise me to pop in this thread and find out that he "had to do it to spur on his team mates"!

Just give it a rest until he actually does something  :lol:

who told you about an excuse?

I mean I actually did not make excuses. excuses for him should he still there is error on his part.

I'm just saying that you find any errors while ny has not necessarily.

it is not extraordinary, a year ago of injuries, you say it's a exus is a fact.

I am very harsh on my comments on Ben Arfa in general because I know he can always do more but there the judge on stupid things, it's not worth the trouble.

these are covered in three or four months:) or may be before.

Guest hatem garrincha

Also, the idea of people being criticised (especially Newcastle fans) for loving a player like HBA beyond reason is stupid. That's the whole point of football, we're supposed to love flair players and accept their flaws as well.

THIS.

I'm not HBA "fanboy". I'm a certain idea/philospophy/ideology of football fanboy  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben Arfa is a default, it will never pass the ball while it is not certain of success. it makes it a little selfish but that's not its purpose.

Correct.

Guest tunisia

I'm somewhere in between all of this. I feel in the longrun Ben Arfa is going to be crucial, as I don't believe Best and Ba will bring success over the course of a whole season. However, changing it right now would be harsh, I'd rather stick him on the wing since Best and Ba are getting us goals and causing defenders problems. However, I do not agree for a slight second that Ben Arfa should be behind Sammy Ameobi in the pecking order on the wing. Ridiculous.

I agree with you. I love Ben Arfa, but I'm against it takes the place of Best or Ba. we do not change a winning team.

although it may bring more, for now it must be replaced. it is stronger than Best, but for the health club, it should not be any favoritism.

the only thing we need is given him more playing time just like Santon. it will even more concurrency between players.

the day that Ben Arfa will find his game and prove that he not take the place of Best or otherwise, then it will hold. I care not for him, at least I hope it will regain its shape.

the moment he returns from injury, the team wins, it is not the automatism with the players. So it must remain patient and replacing. I'm sure he understands that even if a competitor and he wants to play.

I do not believe for a moment there is a problem between him and the coach, as some, the same as usual, trying to believe.

Also, the idea of people being criticised (especially Newcastle fans) for loving a player like HBA beyond reason is stupid. That's the whole point of football, we're supposed to love flair players and accept their flaws as well.

absolutely right ian, just like your last post

Pardew : “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle."

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew : “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle."

In his carrer, he played more out wide than in the hole. He was better centrally, behind the striker. He always expresses his preference for the number 10 role but never complained to be placed out wide.