Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

With injuries to Marv and Obertan I think we will be forced to use him. Don't think Sammy is ready for this level, if we get Maiga I'd consider loaning Sammy out.

Pardew has said HBA hasn't got any enthusiasm to play on the wing or words similar to that.

WHen he brought Sammy off that pretty much confirmed he won't be using him there for me.

i think our system of play relies heavily on the wingers tracking back and helping the full backs, you're not gonna get a lot of that out of HBA lets be honest

probably a fair amount of pragmatism from pards

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Once again I find myself in the alternate universe where I watched a HBA performance that looked very average.

Kept the ball too long, didnt make the easy pass and looked quite sluggish.

Its nice for some to dress this up as carrying out Pardews tactical instructions bla bla bla. Sometimes people should just call a spade a spade. Average performance and possibly revealing how Pardew currently rates him given the subs that were used ahead of him.

Kept the ball too long... That was his fucking job!

Jesus Christ, this "he will do brilliant things but loose possession" is getting a bit out of hand. What about Messi then?  :knuppel2:

And it's not like Best never looses possession anyway, so the argument is rather irrelevant. Now is the time to start him. Seems like lot of people are obsessed with his fitness and general form.

He did look a bit slow yesterday to me like, but one or two times his ball control and balance just shone through.  Needs to work on finding space for himself in the hole as Ba does. Going forward we need Cabaye, Tiote and him in passing triangles to open teams up, with marveux and jonas played in down the wings.

To be honest I thought Ba kept the ball far to long at times also when he had marveux and others available

Once again I find myself in the alternate universe where I watched a HBA performance that looked very average.

Its nice for some to dress this up as carrying out Pardews tactical instructions bla bla bla. Sometimes people should just call a spade a spade. Average performance and possibly revealing how Pardew currently rates him given the subs that were used ahead of him.

Kept the ball too long... That was his f***ing job!

Top post  O0

Except pardew said he was great and did exactly what he told him to do which makes your argument null

He did generally keep hold of the ball too long. Pardew isn't going to say he did poorly. The lad needs careful man management, he is still a long way from being ready for regular starts and he looks extremely frustrated to me. He was warming up, looking at Pardew, with Pardew seemingly deliberately looking away from him. May just be me but I get the feeling that there is tension between the two.

I think you could be right about the tension thing and this is only going to intensify the longer this situation goes on as it is.

Interesting yesterday seeing Pardew big Ba up as "the number 10" in the journal.

Those who know Pardews career will have a better idea whether he is a fan of the flair type player like HBA.

Pardew to me seems very much defence first, then attack and I just wonder if a player like HBA who may do something great, but may also concede possession, is his type of player.

Could be that he sees Ba playing the 10 role off the new striker.

I hope HBA does come good because Beardsley type players are a joy to watch. I wouldn't however be shocked if he was gone in the next window or two.

you're absolutely desperate for the most talented member of our squad to leave so you can say i told you so, grow up for fucks sake.

Grow up says the internet warrior. Give over man  :lol:

no really sure what an internet warrior is, just commenting on having seen you desperately trying to make the most of him not playing in the reserves and over-playing tensions between him and his manager. you take every opportunity you can to predict him leaving or causing a fuss behind the scenes, presumably because he has a reputation of being a difficult character? you're not gaining any internet points for your stunning foresight.

I can't understand some of the criticism of CT's posts. I don't think he wants HBA to fail or be sold and if some can't see that HBA has been a bit guilty of hanging onto the ball and losing the ball then they need to get the blinkers off. He won a couple of free kicks yday but was a touch fortunate to get them.

He's the most talented player we have, he needs easing into the team and unfortunately for him the way we are set up at the moment doesn't suit how he likes to play.

Careful handling is needed. It has been rightly said that Sammy came on in front of HBA as HBA could have left us a bit exposed. From what I've seen he's a No 10 and unless you are prepared to let him do his thing then you may not be able to play him. The fact that he can be difficult just adds to the mix.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's fantastic; I was at Goodison when we all saw what he could do and stood almost in disbelief when he put that goal in.

This thread is making him a bit like marmite. I don't see that at all, we have a fantastic talent recovering from serious injury at a new club. Let's see how things have gone come the end of the season and by then we'll have a much better idea of what we have on our hands and what Pardew really does think of him.

Thats not what is annoying people.

It's the fact he's making out things like Ben Arfa is a bad apple and is going to get unhappy being on the bench and is going to kick up a fuss when he has done absolutely nothing so far off the pitch to upset anyone. So all this talk of he will probs get the sold in the next window or so is just needless chat that is just designed to annoy people.

It's the fact he's making out things like Ben Arfa is a bad apple and is going to get unhappy being on the bench and it going to kick up a fuss when he has done absolutely nothing so far off the pitch to upset anyone. So all this talk of he will probs get the sold in the next window or so is just needless chat that is just designed to annoy people.

Yep.

It's the fact he's making out things like Ben Arfa is a bad apple and is going to get unhappy being on the bench and is going to kick up a fuss when he has done absolutely nothing so far off the pitch to upset anyone. So all this talk of he will probs get the sold in the next window or so is just needless chat that is just designed to annoy people.

Hasn't he got a history of kicking off though?

He hasn't been any bother at all; you're right there. I said earlier that there may be a bit tension between him and Pardew; he clearly wants game time which is something Pardew can hopefully use in a positive way. I'm looking forward to the day when the lad plays without any self imposed pressure to shine. That's the day when we could tear someone apart.

Guest hatem garrincha

24 hours later. HBA was good yesterday and with a few little touches, showed he's in a different planet than many of his team-mates.

But there will always be people who will prefer "hard workers" to artists, good team disciplined players who give passes to their defence, rather than a "risky" player who is capable to make the difference on his own, always playing in front of him.

As Tiresias said, I also felt a tension yesterday between HBA and Pardew. I really hope it's just an impression.

Otherwise, even if he prefers to play in the hole and expresses his preference, he cannot refuse to play in the wings and I don't think he will refuse. Yesterday when Marveaux was injuried, we all saw Hatem ready to enter.

I think he's so hungry of football that he'd be ok to play anywhere on the pitch.

Guest hatem garrincha

As Tiresias said, I also felt a tension yesterday between HBA and Pardew. I really hope it's just an impression.

Sorry, as Tsunami said etc.

Guest hatem garrincha

Don't see an answer here but hasen''t Pardew got a history of benching his most skilfull players ? (at least Tevez at West Ham)

Don't see an answer here but hasen''t Pardew got a history of benching his most skilfull players ? (at least Tevez at West Ham)

I think this 'history' runs pretty short and you have basically summed the whole thing up in one post.

Guest bimpy474

No he doesn't, the Tevez and Mascherano signing he didn't ask for, he didn't even know that they were signing them, in that undermining his position as manager, so he didn't pick them out of principle at first.

He won a couple of free kicks yday but was a touch fortunate to get them.

In the same way that we've been a touch fortunate to go 11 games unbeaten,yeah.

You'll need to explain that to me as I'm struggling to compare the two unless you don't think he was fortunate and that you don't think we've had a touch of good fortune to remain unbeaten. If that is the case then you're a nailed on half full glass type of person.