Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Benarfanufc10

Quiet today again.

Tbh its taken a defensive mistake & a dodgy penalty for him to have any real involvement in the last two games. He needs to get on the ball far more, he looks classy when hes on it.

Obertan and jonas not play with ben arfa and they are his final ball s***

Ben arfa is a genius and he has create 4 /7 final ball of nufc  vs city manu but he was  70% potential  :crazy2:

After ben arfa >nasri :cool: now ben arfa > nani :coolsmiley:

When he got booked I thought the rest of the team had let HIM down. Rooney took two 'saw red' swings at Colo on the ground. Colo did nowt, and the rest of the players should have been in the refs face as much as HBA. Rooney could - and should - have been in big bother.

I think best & HBA & BA need to play together to see how it work.... but seems pardew reluctant to use it.

Best's been injured man.  If Tiote and Best are back next week then it may be the perfect time to try it, no need to worry about how Jonas slots in to a 433 although I suspect Pardew will want to stick with 442.

Yet to be convinced that it's going to work for him as a number 10 behind Ba with the way we play.

As I keep saying, Jonas and Obertan don't strike me as good enough players to make this work. Marveaux looked to have the silky calm confident skills that would be ideal, but not these two.

Now that Jonas is out I would love to see Ba off Best and HBA on the wing.

This will allow Cabaye to help orchestrate a bit more in the centre and I could see this being a better option for Hatem to improve the team.

Guest mimifrench

Ben arfa just said in "Match of the day" (French football emission that shows the Premier league results) that he didn't know himself if it was a penalty...

Thought he worked very hard defensively at the beginning of the match, which is a real progress compared to before. He was quite quiet though, but won a penalty so he was decisif.

French commentators (Gerard Houiller in particular, who was his coach in Lyon) pointed out during the match that a lot of people ignore that added to the fact HBA is a very talented player, he is also an "athlet", i.e. he has really the capabilities of playing a whole game with a regular way. Don't know if it is very clear but he'll progress in the future.

I would be curious/surprised to see your marks for him and for Gutierrez for example, as this last has been awful to my mind and let your team down to 10 men for almost 15 minutes....

I would be curious/surprised to see your marks for him and for Gutierrez for example, as this last has been awful to my mind and let your team down to 10 men for almost 15 minutes....

If you skim read the match thread from page 46 a few people have put player ratings there.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Yet to be convinced that it's going to work for him as a number 10 behind Ba with the way we play.

As I keep saying, Jonas and Obertan don't strike me as good enough players to make this work. Marveaux looked to have the silky calm confident skills that would be ideal, but not these two.

Now that Jonas is out I would love to see Ba off Best and HBA on the wing.

This will allow Cabaye to help orchestrate a bit more in the centre and I could see this being a better option for Hatem to improve the team.

:rose: you are fanboys ben arfa

Just seen Ben Arfa's tirade at Rooney.

Nice to see a bit of passion but obviously very unnecessarily booked. Maybe thoughts about De Jong's tackle sparked it? Rooney kicking out? It's late and i'm most probably over-analysing it. :lol:

Unnecessary booking, aye, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy him showing a bit passion. :aww:

this, loved it personally

:thup: Too right. Still dumbfounded that that can be worth a yellow when half a dozen mancs can go off at an assistant ref without fear of punishment.

Unnecessary booking, aye, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy him showing a bit passion. :aww:

this, loved it personally

:thup: Too right. Still dumbfounded that that can be worth a yellow when half a dozen mancs can go off at an assistant ref without fear of punishment.

and they do it every single time theres anything resembling a dodgy call, still remember the penalty decision for them away to Blackburn last year when Vidic and Ferdinand ran from the other side of the pitch to surround the assistant and absolutely fuck all was said about it, until its highlighted and punished it will just keep on happening

Guest Dontooner

Finally stringing a few games for us..honestly speaking he is the difference between Newcastle having a game with goal attempts against the top teams from open play or a normal typical showing with no real chances. Obviously he opens up play even in the face of tight conditions , we did in fact get better in the two games he played attack wise. However its also obvious the type of chances we are having now are more through balls and such rather than the combo plays we normally play. Think the test for a Ben is when we play the normal teams and if we would create and score when the opposition team is sitting back defending instead of us.

Chelsea play 4-3-3 anyway so wouldnt be the worst idea to match them up and play cabaye tiote and guthrie in the centre and obertan and benarfa off ba

I agree mate

Same here. When Ben Arfa is down the middle, the striker seems to get isolated, but when he's on the wing, the risk is that he won't get involved enough and you really want him on the ball as much as possible with plenty of options. A 4-3-3 may be the best idea.

I'd pick Sammy rather than Obertan, but there's not a lot in it.

Would be suicide to change to a 4-3-3 now. We experimented a little early on in the season with 4-5-1 and similar tactics, and it didn't work out then. One of the most importent reasons for our good start this season is our positions in the defensive play over the field. I'm not just talking about the defenders here, but the whole team all the way up to Ba (and Best). Sticking to our game plan with a classic 4-4-2 as we play now, is a must I think.

I like teams that adjust to the players they have available, but in this case I think our players should adjust to the team and the game plan Pardew have. What I've seen so far that's how Pardew reasons too, which explains a few of the subs recently, like Lovenkrands yesterday.