Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we don't sign him, it'll go down as yet another monumental NUFC fuck up imo. Young French international star with five French league titles to his name, desperate to come here and going for peanuts and we're trying to scrabble around for pennies to loan the fucker. More ridiculous penny pinching from the despicable fat cunt.

I'm amazed people are actually surprised by this. It's not as if we made a statement at the end of last season saying we had no money to spend :lol: This is a drop in the ocean compared to some of the mistakes he's made.

I'm not particularly gutted because my expectations have been lowered so successfully that any talk of him actually joining us seemed slightly fanciful anyway. I'd be happy with anyone of a vaguely attacking mindset signing over the next few weeks.

If we don't sign him, it'll go down as yet another monumental NUFC fuck up imo. Young French international star with five French league titles to his name, desperate to come here and going for peanuts and we're trying to scrabble around for pennies to loan the fucker. More ridiculous penny pinching from the despicable fat cunt.

I'm amazed people are actually surprised by this. It's not as if we made a statement at the end of last season saying we had no money to spend :lol: This is a drop in the ocean compared to some of the mistakes he's made.

I'm not particularly gutted because my expectations have been lowered so successfully that any talk of him actually joining us seemed slightly fanciful anyway. I'd be happy with anyone of a vaguely attacking mindset signing over the next few weeks.

We'd probably sign Leon Best... if we hadn't already signed Leon Best.

If its true we had an offer rejected then we were looking at buying him OR was the offer just a way of starting off talks that we steered towards a loan deal.

He has to be worth a punt for say €7mill  though surely he does.

MsiDouglas

Hatem Ben Arfa scored for France tonight: a stunner apparently. #nufc dreading that outcome - you can add plenty of € to his valuation.

half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Retweeted by you

MsiDouglas

Interesting that another former #nufc target Erik Huseklepp scored both the goals for Norway in their 2-1 win over Les Bleus.

This is the type of signing that is the difference between staying up and going straight back down and NUFC's fucking patheticness has fucked it up.

Bunch of fucking cunts, the lot of them.

If its true we had an offer rejected then we were looking at buying him OR was the offer just a way of starting off talks that we steered towards a loan deal.

He has to be worth a punt for say 7mill Euros though surely he does.

MsiDouglas

Hatem Ben Arfa scored for France tonight: a stunner apparently. #nufc dreading that outcome - you can add plenty of € to his valuation.

half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Retweeted by you

I was always under the impression we wanted a loan deal from the outset and negotiated one only for OM to start playing silly buggers when a bid for another player came in and they decided they couldn't lose Diang and HBA.

Guest BooBoo

The whole Ashley operation is run to make money first second and third. Then limping in comes having a relatively successful team competing in the top league. It's very depressing that the club simply makes no disguise of the fact that anyone brought in is not primarily to improve the team but with the hope that a profit can be made on them in the shortest possible time. Signing Gosling was an Ashley wet dream.

The whole thing with Niang seemingly off to Fenerbache has put OM back in a position of power. They'll be getting 8-10 million euro for him and also his wages off the book which gives the club the money they need to buy other players. The chances of NUFc getting him on loan are now miniscule I would think.

It's not over until its over, but the fat lady is warming up. It was a long shot to begin with so I'm unsure why people got their hopes raised so highly.

Before I start bashing Ashley before we fail to sign him I'd consider Marseille's role in the saga. Reading into the speculation you could conclude it is them who have moved the goal posts, if that's the case then Ashley and Co may be justified in taking the stance they have. Of course that could of been avoided but then we knew there was never going to be such an amount spent on one player.

Of course if we do fail to sign him I'll be disappointed but we have to move on. Perhaps people shouldn't put so much energy into speculating over a player who was always unlikely to join from the off.

It's not over until its over, but the fat lady is warming up. It was a long shot to begin with so I'm unsure why people got their hopes raised so highly.

Before I start bashing Ashley before we fail to sign him I'd consider Marseille's role in the saga. Reading into the speculation you could conclude it is them who have moved the goal posts, if that's the case then Ashley and Co may be justified in taking the stance they have. Of course that could of been avoided but then we knew there was never going to be such an amount spent on one player.

Of course if we do fail to sign him I'll be disappointed but we have to move on. Perhaps people shouldn't put so much energy into speculating over a player who was always unlikely to join from the off.

But we were told that a fee had been agreed and that he was on his way! That s*** aint fair. I can live with ITK bollocks and paper talk, but when it's something as tangible as a quote from their chairman saying that it was pretty much a done deal it just stings that little bit more.

Guest Stephen927

I feel like we've been here before. 2 summers ago with Pablo Aimar.

We tried to get a decent player for peanuts, that's the way the club is run now. I don't know how anyone can be surprised. We're not out of the running yet but it is looking increasingly unlikely.

But we were told that a fee had been agreed and that he was on his way! That s*** aint fair. I can live with ITK bollocks and paper talk, but when it's something as tangible as a quote from their chairman saying that it was pretty much a done deal it just stings that little bit more.

Perhaps that boils down to Marseille's change of plans as a pose to our incompetence.

100 pages = completed tomorrow. until somebody else actually goes for him, there'll always be a good chance for us, but we need a lot of luck to stop niang going to fenerbahce. i'm confident that ben arfa can throw a massive strop to get his move, but with the fabregas and ashley cole sagas this summer, clubs are now claiming back power from the player. ultimately, marseille wont let him leave. and then i'll cry a lot.

The chairman didn't say it was pretty much a done deal though. I don't know why people keep repeating this. :lol: