Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest zinaldo1982

Sky sports news have reported that we have asked marseille permission to speak to hatem ben arfa,so it looks like we could be getting this deal done in time for the man utd game but him having missed 2 days training might not be good for him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So he basically just turned up on the doorstep? I f***ing love this guy! He's a geordie legend before he's even signed.

For a year anyway.

Yeah until he does the exact same thing to us

Guest Geordiesned

Ben Lyttleton  benlyt

L'Equipe: OM sports director Anigo: 'If HBA was in Newc, they're being stupid - mistake to talk to him when we have no agreement' #NUFC

Ben Lyttleton   benlyt

L'Equipe: OM sports director Anigo: 'If HBA was in Newc, they're being stupid - mistake to talk to him when we have no agreement' #NUFC

I guess that's why we haven't talked to him.  :rolleyes:

Guest Geordiesned

benlyt

More Anigo on HBA: 'Hatem is a good lad but a bit like one of my children. He needs time to calm down' #nufc

:lol:

So he basically just turned up on the doorstep? I f***ing love this guy! He's a geordie legend before he's even signed.

For a year anyway.

Yeah until he does the exact same thing to us

Life wouldnt be the same without this sort of thing tbh up here and imho i wouldnt have it any other way ive grown accustomed to it in a perverse sort of way ,as far as the players concerner OC will find it even easier to stop any negotiations they have with us and say we asked him to come over forcing there hand ,dont you just love it and maybe a football first  :yikes:

This is getting dangerous.

If he doesn't go back to Marseille, they can claim breach of contract which by the FIFA rulebook would cost based on his estimated contract £4-5m (hence given current transfer bids Marseille would actually benefit), and Ben Arfa would probably get the maximum 6 months ban.

Furthermore, we'd be the party accused of inducing the breach, therefore as well as being jointly liable for the compensation, we'd be banned from signing anyone until January 2012.

Marseille have to agree to let him go, and the best way for him to get that to happen is to go back to Marseille, follow the terms of his contract to the letter, and make life as difficult as possible for everyone else so Deschamps becomes desperate to get rid.

If he doesn't go back to Marseille, they can claim breach of contract which by the FIFA rulebook would cost based on his estimated contract £4-5m (hence given current transfer bids Marseille would actually benefit), and Ben Arfa would probably get the maximum 6 months ban.

Furthermore, we'd be the party accused of inducing the breach, therefore as well as being jointly liable for the compensation, we'd be banned from signing anyone until January 2012.

Marseille have to agree to let him go, and the best way for him to get that to happen is to go back to Marseille, follow the terms of his contract to the letter, and make life as difficult as possible for everyone else so Deschamps becomes desperate to get rid.

Eh, like Chelsea?  :lol:

Don't think anything will happen with us, we haven't talked to him, and the player came because he wanted to come, not because the club had invited him to a meeting. 

I don't think we'd be accused, Ben Arfa reps have already made it clear it was the players decision. If he refuses to return he may be banned, but more likely Marseille will concede defeat and try to negotiate the best deal they can. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps but a simiar impasse was resolved when he left Lyon to sign for Marseille in the first place.

Don't think anything will happen with us, we haven't talked to him, and the player came because he wanted to come, not because the club had invited him to a meeting. 

It could easily happen to us, it's the likes of Chelsea who will get away with it.

OK any club he joined the same season after breaching his contract would get the embargo, it is in the FIFA rulebook

Guest neesy111

It could easily happen to us, it's the likes of Chelsea who will get away with it.

we can't do anything about the player, turning up at newcastle!  so calm down

Yeah, I know that's what I was on about.

But as I've said, I don't think it'll happen to us at all as long as we aren't talking with him.

I don't think we'd be accused, Ben Arfa reps have already made it clear it was the players decision. If he refuses to return he may be banned, but more likely Marseille will concede defeat and try to negotiate the best deal they can. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps but a simiar impasse was resolved when he left Lyon to sign for Marseille in the first place.

Marseille don't have to concede defeat as they'd get what is left on Ben Arfa's contract in full, i.e. an estimated £4-5m

Yeah, I know that's what I was on about.

But as I've said, I don't think it'll happen to us at all as long as we aren't talking with him.

It is not who he is or isn't talking to, it is who he eventually signs for.

OK any club he joined the same season after breaching his contract would get the embargo, it is in the FIFA rulebook

Oh, that's news to me. Then he should go back to Marsaille to sort things out, as you said.

Isn't it now legal for a player to buy out his contract if he's been with the club for atleast 2 years?

To be fair though, I'm pretty sure the club would prefer to stump up the extra £1m-£2m if it meants being free from any punishment.

Guest neesy111

Isn't it now legal for a player to buy out his contract if he's been with the club for atleast 2 years?

To be fair though, I'm pretty sure the club would prefer to stump up the extra £1m-£2m if it meants being free from any punishment.

over the age of 28, is what i think it is