Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Which careless admin has locked this?

Anyway, 1000 pages. \o/

Probably me with my clumsy iPhone fingers. :smug:

Should we unlock it Dave? I like the peace...

:lol:

I was stressing out! Which thread was i supposed to read when it was locked!

Guest Loven11

Sorry if it's already been posted :

Marseille's appeal to Ben Arfa as he flees to Tyneside

Aug 14 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

MARSEILLE sporting director Jose Anigo admitted last night that the Hatem Ben Arfa transfer saga was spiralling out of control.

Anigo hit out at Ben Arfa’s advisor Jacques Bertrand for dragging the deal into full public view, with the 23-year-old photographed by a fan at Newcastle Airport last night after the player and his represenatives tried to take the situation into their own hands.

After arriving on Tyneside, Ben Arfa is believed to have headed for a Tyneside hotel where has set up base in the hope of winning a move to St James’.

Anigo claimed that talks would resume on Monday and said that the moody winger needed time to calm down and gather his senses.

When asked about Ben Arfa’s decision to go AWOL from Marseille, Anigo told French newspaper L’Equipe today: “I have not got any specific reaction.

“I know Hatem is a good boy.

“He’s like one of my children to me, but when there are conflicts I am always open to discussion.

“I hope that we will find a solution.

“We need to leave him to let him evacuate all of his anger.

“I would prefer it if his agent, spoke to us rather than communicate through the press.

“He knows fine well what happens in the world of football.

“If there is an agreement there has to be a salesman and a buyer.”

Marseille were preparing for their French top-flight game with Valenciennes today and Anigo was disappointed that Ben Arfa had walked out on the former European Cup winners.

He said: “Not training is not a good solution for Hatem.

“I have heard people are saying we are behaving like amateurs.

“But every case is different.

“Hatem’s case is special, but if he reacts like that we must leave him to calm down.

“We haven’t spoken on the telephone.

“But we prefer to let tensions calm down.”

The flamboyant French international went AWOL after angry Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier told Ben Arfa that his hopes of joining Newcastle on loan were over on Thursday.

This prompted a fiery reaction from the former Lyon player – and it’s believed that ben Arfa has threatened to retire from football if he does not get the move to Newcastle he craves.

His decision to travel to Newcastle from the south of France is thought to be a tactic to prompt Marseille into coming to an arrangement for his release – but there has been no dialogue between Ben Arfa and United.

Indeed, reports from France claimed today that there had been a stand-off between Marseille, United and Ben Arfa’s representatives.

But United have kept their counsel all the way through the “on/off” transfer saga.

The Chronicle revealed on August 4 that talks had gathered pace after Ben Arfa had made it clear he wanted to quit Marseille.

But even though he has been widely linked with an exit from Chris Waddle’s old club, with 17 days left in the transfer window, the saga could end up dragging on until the close of the summer trading period.

When asked if there was a conclusion imminent, Anigo said: “The most important thing is our game with Valenciennes.

“We will get back to transfers on Monday.

“We don’t want our work carried out by the supporters or through the press, leave the work to us.”

Meanwhile, former United skipper Bob Moncur is hoping that Ben Arfa will soon be bidding to join him in the St James’ Park hall of fame.

Moncur feels that Ben Arfa coming to United would be a real coup. The Magpies’ iconic skipper, and last man to lift a major honour for the club, told the Chronicle today: “If the reports that he has come to Newcastle are true then I think that it clearly shows he wants to be here.

“From what I have seen of the lad, he seems like a player that we could do with, and if Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood can pull this one off, then it would be a real coup for the club.

”He’s a playmaker and he can get goals as well. I think every team could do with a player like this.

“I’ve heard a lot of fans getting excited about him on the Real Radio Legends show this week and there is nothing wrong with an exciting player who will get bums on seats.”

Ben Arfa’s temperament has come under question but, providing it is managed correctly, Moncur sees no reason why it should be a stumbling block.

He said: “I have heard that he has a bit of a wild streak.

“But the fans do want to see players that can play, the ones who can produce that bit of magic.

“As far as the wild streak is concerned, well, Joe Harvey always said to me that you won’t win anything with a team of vicars!

“And that being the case, I think he would be a really good addition to the ranks this season.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/08/14/marseille-s-appeal-to-ben-arfa-as-he-flees-to-tyneside-72703-27061926/

"Ben Arfa has reportedly been promising a central playmaking role at United.

Sources close to the deal told The Journal a transfer could even be concluded before their trip to Manchester United on Monday."

like this!  WE"RE United!  :pow:

This thread is the best thing since sliced bread.

Why isn't this all over Sky Sports though? It's the most far fetched transfer saga ever!

Morning everyone by the way.

It's 2 o'clock man!

It's Saturday man!

Kaizero, that avatar made love wee come out.

Hatem Ben kenobi isn't going to force a move with behaviour like this surely. If you were his current manager and he did this to you, you'd make him rot in the reserves! At least i would.

Loving people's worries ove us getting done :lol:

There's nothing to use against us man. We denied being in discussions with Marseille, the player then travelled to Newcastle of his own accord and when we found out, we distanced ourselves from him.

Just because Taylor27 has dragged some random FIFA regulation up and a OM director has said we're 'stupid English' doesn't mean we're suddenly gonna get banned from transfers :lol:

It is Article 17 which is the largest and most detailed part of the FIFA player registration rulebook and was the main compromise to the European courts ruling that players could break their contracts.

There you go, easy to find easy to follow. All is in Marseille's hands, and because of the compensation they'd get from us, Ben Arfa coming here isn't going to make any difference if we can't afford to pay.

IV. MAINTENANCE OF CONTRACTUAL STABILITY

BETWEEN PROFESSIONALS AND CLUBS

Article 13 Respect of contract

A contract between a professional and a club may only be terminated upon expiry of the term of the contract or by mutual agreement.

Article 14 Terminating a contract with just cause

A contract may be terminated by either party without consequences of any kind (either payment of compensation or imposition of sporting sanctions) where there is just cause.

Article 15 Terminating a contract with sporting just cause

An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the offi cial matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

Article 16 Restriction on terminating a contract during the season

A contract cannot be unilaterally terminated during the course of a season.

Article 17 Consequences of terminating a contract without just cause

The following provisions apply if a contract is terminated without just cause:

1. In all cases, the party in breach shall pay compensation. Subject to the provisions of article 20 and Annexe 4 in relation to training compensation, and unless otherwise provided for in the contract, compensation for the breach shall be calculated with due consideration for the law of the country concerned, the specificity of sport, and any other objective criteria. These criteria shall include, in particular, the remuneration and other benefits due to the player under the existing contract and/or the new contract, the time remaining on the existing contract up to a maximum of five years, the fees and expenses paid or incurred by the former club (amortised over the term of the contract) and whether the contractual breach falls within a protected period.

2. Entitlement to compensation cannot be assigned to a third party. If a professional is required to pay compensation, the professional and his new club shall be jointly and severally liable for its payment. The amount may be stipulated in the contract or agreed between the parties.

3. In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall also be imposed on any player found to be in breach of contract during the protected period. This sanction shall be a four-month restriction on playing in offi cial matches. In the case of aggravating circumstances, the restriction shall last six months.In all cases, these sporting sanctions shall take effect from the start of the following season at the new club. Unilateral breach without just cause or sporting just cause after the protected period shall not result in sporting sanctions. Disciplinary measures may, however, be imposed outside the protected period for failure to give noticeof termination within 15 days of the last official match of the season (including national cups) of the club with which the player is registered. The protected period starts again when, while renewing

the contract, the duration of the previous contract is extended.

4. In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall be imposed on any club found to be in breach of contract or found to be inducing a breach of contract during the protected period. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any club signing a professional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to commit a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for two registration periods.

5. Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations (club officials, players’ agents, players, etc.) who acts in a manner designed to induce a breach of contract between a professional and a club in order to facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned.

Would surprisee me if the club weren't talking to him covertly, OM are in a weak position now surely they realise they have to let him go, they won't waste a load of money paying him when he won't even try for them, if he doesn't turn up for training he has breached his contract but the worst they could do is terminate his contract or fine him.  He'll be signed soon.