Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The problem is, most people forget the player actually has a say in where he goes. Just because Marseille might accept a bid from another European club, they can't stick a gun to his head and force him to go.

Just face it. For one ridiculous reason or another, he seems quite hellbent on coming here and because of that I think he'll end up coming here. Marseille will give in, in the end.

Come on already! Who was it that said it still wouldn't be done by page 200? I remember once upon a time, I think it was in the late 90's (as in page no.), I said - when have we ever had a thread close in on 100 without a done deal!?

Only response was the whole buyout thing. Can't think of any other occasion?!

The problem is, most people forget the player actually has a say in where he goes. Just because Marseille might accept a bid from another European club, they can't stick a gun to his head and force him to go.

Just face it. For one ridiculous reason or another, he seems quite hellbent on coming here and because of that I think he'll end up coming here. Marseille will give in, in the end.

Wouldnt count on that with this guy in charge.

Nothing new really.

The journalist on Talksport was Philippe Auclair (?).

He said that Benfica had made a good offer to buy the player but his wage demands were too high for them and that they were no longer interested.

There were no other clubs interested but it is complicated by the number of agents involved.

But it looked like he would be going to Newcastle and that he had been here over the weekend.

He said it would be a real coup for us - at he had been considered better that Nasri, Benzema etc.  He was a "super" Laurent Robert.

Was supposed to have matured but still has a problem in his head if not his feet.

Surely if Benfica can't meet his wage demands we wouldn't be willing to? Or has he dropped his demands a bit for us?!

Surely it was just a stunt to provide "reasoning" that Newcastle is the best club to go to. Doesn't want to continue looking sulky but it shows through regardless.

Surely if Benfica can't meet his wage demands we wouldn't be willing to? Or has he dropped his demands a bit for us?!

Reckon it's more a case of Benfica being in a "feeder" league rather than a "major" league tbh.

I reckon he made mad demands to scare Benfica off.

That's what the french journalist said as well. He really does seem to be hell bent on coming here.

Guest zinaldo1982

Benfica don't pay their players that much anyway from what i have heard di maria and david luiz are earning around 45.000 pounds a week but if they were to leave they would be on at least twice that amount but i am pretty sure ben arfa must have tried to scare them off with his demands,i am pretty sure that him coming here to meet us,would have made his mind up and we would have certainly agreed on the terms .

On the down low that is as we weren't allowed to speak to him.

Guest zinaldo1982

Reyes is a p...y so i understand why he wouldn't want to come here as the man left england because of the fear of the physicality he had to endure while here.

Benfica don't pay their players that much anyway from what i have heard di maria and david luiz are earning around 45.000 pounds a week but if they were to leave they would be on at least twice that amount but i am pretty sure ben arfa must have tried to scare them off with his demands,i am pretty sure that him coming here to meet us,would have made his mind up and we would have certainly agreed on the terms .

On the down low that is as we weren't allowed to speak to him.

Di Maria has left...