Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I get the impression we were definitely interested in a loan, somewhat interested though hesitant at a cut price, and not even in the picture once HBA walked out/the Marseille chairman got a chip on his shoulder. If we were then I'm fairly sure we would have wrapped this up before today. Whatever the reason, we have missed an incredible opportunity to improve ourselves in an area of need.

According to the article we faxed our final offer today: €800k plus an option to buy for €5.5m if he played 25 Premier League games.

Ah well. We would have only seen him play 24 times then. No great loss.

:lol: :thup:

Ashley: The only billionaire to look a gift horse in the mouth. Can't believe we missed out, the lad was desperate to sign for us and we've fucked this up over a few hundred grand. Jesus died crying.

If we can afford to sign James fucking Perch for £1.5 million, then why the fuck won't them fucking morons put down that kind of money, for an exciting young player like Ben Arfa (even if it is just for the season)?!

Guest BooBoo

As ridiculous as it sounds I've found myself more pissed off than ever with the regime since promotion. There's some god awful sides in the Premier League and some mild investment would have seen us have a very good chance of staying up. The unfathomable idea though to stick with shite rather than twist is going to scupper us.

If we go down this year (and the current squad has every chance of relegation), its hard to see a second bounce back.

Curse the day that this frigging imbecile ever thought buying a football club was the thing for him.

To nearly quote nufc.com from a few years back- "One game in and the season stretches out like a prison sentence."

Marseille have done fuck all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Guest neesy111

As ridiculous as it sounds I've found myself more pissed off than ever with the regime since promotion. There's some god awful sides in the Premier League and some mild investment would have seen us have a very good chance of staying up. The unfathomable idea though to stick with shite rather than twist is going to scupper us.

If we go down this year (and the current squad has every chance of relegation), its hard to see a second bounce back.

Curse the day that this frigging imbecile ever thought buying a football club was the thing for him.

To nearly quote nufc.com from a few years back- "One game in and the season stretches out like a prison sentence."

this, the board are showing an arrogance and are really pissing me off, because quite simply they know fuck all about football

Guest Heneage

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

This whole saga has just highlighted for me that Ashley is still looking to sell the club this season. He did what he had to do to get us back and now he's not doing much at all, just enough to keep us in the league in his own opinion. What's 6.5 million in respect to his fortune about 2%? If he was in it for the long haul he wouldn't have thought twice about it imo.

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

Every other fucking post tbh.

Marseille have done fuck all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

They were willing to do so for a week or so (IIRC?) before the bid for Niang came in. We were fucking about over a few pennies relatively speaking and missed the moment. We didn't even find him, they found us. And yet we still dithered.

Guest neesy111

Sometimes words fail me.

:facepalm:

We will go down, I am generally quite negative about NUFC but with a player like Ben Arfa I thought we might have a bit of an edge over the other shite who'll be competing with us to stay in the league. Instead we're going to end up with someone like that Fagan from Hull, if any fucker. Nolan is fucking shite, absolutely awful.

Hughton said he expects signings, he is going to look a right gimp in a fortnights time when we've signed shite players, or nee cunt at all.