Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

as it stands all they'll get is 800,000euro isn't it ?

That's what has been reported, we could pay that and then send him back next year.

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too keen though can't you ?

Can also see why we're not keen to commit to signing him based on survival alone regardless of how he does. Hopefully it'll settle down soon and they'll meet half way.

Heh..? In an ideal world you are right of course, but that's not the way transfers normally work, is it? There is always risk involved for the buying party... I appreciate Mike is trying to be a little creative when it comes to making the best use of whatever little means we've got, but I don't think many selling clubs will want to co-operate with our "try before you buy" policy... ;)

Given two good examples of why this isn't a good idea. (Zaki at Wigan & Benitez at Birmingham)

Both had options to buy after the year, both stayed up, both would have been stuck with expensive players they didn't want to keep.

so its quite possible we'd have got more if we'd pushed for a sale instead of an initial loan when he still had some standing in the game.

i see your point and it may come to that, but i can understand OM's position aswell.

I can also understand OM's position, my only problem is that we're being told an agreement had been reached.

so its quite possible we'd have got more if we'd pushed for a sale instead of an initial loan when he still had some standing in the game.

i see your point and it may come to that, but i can understand OM's position aswell.

I can also understand OM's position, my only problem is that we're being told an agreement had been reached.

wouldn't be surprisewd if the agreement was of a loan fee, then a fee if we stopped up.....ammounts yet to be agreed and that has been the block,plus the possible desire of NUFC to insert a 25 game clause.

wouldn't be surprisewd if the agreement was of a loan fee, then a fee if we stopped up.....ammounts yet to be agreed and that has been the block,plus the possible desire of NUFC to insert a 2500000 game clause.

FYP

That's what has been reported, we could pay that and then send him back next year.

cracking deal from our perspective......can see why they aren't too keen though can't you ?

Absolutely. They're being shafted.

The OM President is trying to use what little power he has left, to get more out of us. The reality is that the situation is irretrievable from his point of view. Too much has happened and Ben Afra will never play for Marseilles again.

Absolutely. They're being shafted.

The OM President is trying to use what little power he has left, to get more out of us. The reality is that the situation is irretrievable from his point of view. Too much has happened and Ben Afra will never play for Marseilles again.

but he has two weeks to wait and see if someone comes in with a better offer that ben arfa likes.

Is it a bit sad to hope that when the player was here he checked out SJP and the city?

You would think he would have been shown around.. we refused to talk terms but I am sure he got the red carpet treatment.

Is it a bit sad to hope that when the player was here he checked out SJP and the city?

i actually wonder if young prfessional millionaire footballers give a toss about stuff like that.

I would think so.. he may be loaded but its still where he would be living.

i actually wonder if young prfessional millionaire footballers give a toss about stuff like that.

think how many have signed for clubs in horrid places cos they didn't give a shit providing they got the cash.

Interesting article:

http://www.sofoot.com/quelle-destination-pour-ben-arfa-130547-article.html

What destination for Ben Arfa?

August 19, 2010

Except unlikely turn of events, Hatem Ben Arfa Marseille will not be at the end of August. HBA will therefore leave OM leaving behind a feeling of a big mess. At 23, he will then try to revive a career that has never really taken off. If the proposals are not, it now remains to make the right choice if it does not definitively be considered an impostor.

The choice of the heart (sic): Newcastle

Since Didier Deschamps made him realize he no longer counted on him, Hatem Ben Arfa has only one idea in mind, join the Premier League. Convinced that his talent was finally recognized at fair value across the Channel HBA is desperate to join England, even to engage with the modest promoted Newcastle. Totally enthralled by the speech of Chris Hughton, who promised to make a key technical staff built for the Kick'n Rush, Hatem Ben Arfa has started a standoff with management to obtain satisfaction. However, if the Magpies coach said he was interested in the player, his club soon to make an offer worthy of the name to the OM. If the two clubs seem to agree with the idea of paying a loan, the negotiations at the block option. Jean-Claude Dassier, the president of Olympique Marseille, has been clear, however, Newcastle will agree to pay 5 million euros to Marseille if the club remains in the Premier League at the end of the season . The proposal does not seem excessive. But the leaders of the English club seem reluctant to pay such a sum for a player's reputation a little too turbulent. And the episode that has not been reassuring.

The choice of career: AC Milan

AC Milan and Olympique Marseille have all to agree. While Lombard is looking for an attacking midfielder, the Marseille are still looking for a world class striker. And while Marseille wants to get rid of Hatem Ben Arfa, AC Milan is not really opposed to a departure Klaas Jan Huntelaar. According to the Corriere dello Sport, an exchange would be in the study between the two formations. It remains now to convince the two principals. If HBA has never commented on a possible departure to Italy, Jan Klaas Huntelaar, however, has been loud and clear that France was not interested. But after being planted in Spain and Italy, the Netherlands center forward could end up changing their minds. If this exchange would fix (almost) everyone, no concrete proposal within ten days of the end of the transfer market, however, suggests that the career of the French international will continue outside of Italy.

The economic choice: Werder Bremen

The last club entered the dance might be good. Orphan Mesut Özil, left at Real Madrid, Werder Bremen has always said qu'Hatem Ben Arfa would be the priority when leaving their German international. If the former Lyon does not seem particularly excited by the challenge German, Olympique de Marseille, however, is under the spell of nine million euros proposed by Werderaner. An offer almost twice that of Newcastle allow the OM back on its feet after being recruited Ben Arfa for 14 million euros in 2008. To convince the French international to join the edges of the Weser, Bremen would be willing to pay him 4.5 million euros per season. What do think seriously. A good performance tonight against the Germans at Sampdoria in the preliminary round of the Champions League final could persuade the French to fly to and Werder Bremen, a club where no one has taken the place of Joahn in Micoud the heart of fans. In any case today the most concrete runway.

The choice of history: Paris Saint-Germain

It would be crazy. But on paper, Hatem Ben Arfa to Paris Saint-Germain, it flows almost naturally. The script would have to face in any case Tottenham hard Sessegnon, Jerome Rothen always unwanted, and Antoine Kombouare beg for an extension to its shareholders for financial repatriate native of Clamart. HBA by storm in the last seconds of the transfer window, shit in the boots Nene back in the locker room of the Park is lacking in the animation gallery. But hey, do not dream ...

'Sic' :lol:

'Totally enthralled by the speech of Chris Hughton, who promised to make a key technical staff built for the Kick'n Rush, Hatem Ben Arfa has started a standoff with management to obtain satisfaction.'

:lol:

Guest zinaldo1982

We could agree to what they are asking and if we stay up we would just have to flog him off for maybe 1m loss so why not.

think how many have signed for clubs in horrid places cos they didn't give a shit providing they got the cash.

True so true

A lot of SMB players live in the Toon not scumberland.

It does matter to a point but ya right its not aa big an issue as some may think.

'Totally enthralled by the speech of Chris Hughton, who promised to make a key technical staff built for the Kick'n Rush, Hatem Ben Arfa has started a standoff with management to obtain satisfaction.'

Can see him in a Stetson, poncho and cowboy boots.. during the stand off

:D

think how many have signed for clubs in horrid places cos they didn't give a s*** providing they got the cash.

True so true

A lot of SMB players live in the Toon not scumberland.

It does matter to a point but ya right its not aa big an issue as some may think.

The amount of World Class players from warmer climates, exotic locations, etc who wind up in the North West (no disrespect but you know what I mean). Good point made by madras actually.

the "obtain satisfaction " bit is more pitols at dawn after a glove slapped across the face stylee.

"if the Magpies coach said he was interested in the player, his club soon to make an offer worthy of the name to the OM."

They obviously know nothing about our club then :lol:

It's sad to think that £5million is a helluva deal for the quality of the lad. Is this how far we have come - choosing to look a gift horse in the mouth? :(

it also says a lot on how he's viewed by other clubs. (still like to have him here mind, nutcase player at a nutcase club)

"if the Magpies coach said he was interested in the player, his club soon to make an offer worthy of the name to the OM."

They obviously know nothing about our club then :lol:

that has to be lost in translation, why would we make an offer based on the name of OM?

the "obtain satisfaction " bit is more pitols at dawn after a glove slapped across the face stylee.

Hope he's grown a Joey and won't shave it off until he signs for us