Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

On the side of the OM, it is satisfied with a loan of a player whose salary covered by the Funds to 300,000 euros gross per month. His departure would lighten the wage bill, and give the club the opportunity to recruit international striker Didier Deschamps wants both. In contact for several days, Marseille and Newcastle should quickly agree."

Doesn't that mean he's on about 70.000 euros a week.  Bit out of our league I think.....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/marseille/ben-arfa-sera-remplace-par-un-attaquant,57329

Basically saying that Marseille will respect the players wishes and let him go to Newcastle.

I honestly have no idea who this player is, I'm totally ignorant towards French Football (something I will change). However, this transfer thread alone is on course to making him an instant Toon Legend... until he's Pancrap on his debut and we all hate him until he scores a wonder goal.

Guest neesy111

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/marseille/ben-arfa-sera-remplace-par-un-attaquant,57329

Basically saying that Marseille will respect the players wishes and let him go to Newcastle.

I honestly have no idea who this player is, I'm totally ignorant towards French Football (something I will change). However, this transfer thread alone is on course to making him an instant Toon Legend... until he's Pancrap on his debut and we all hate him until he scores a wonder goal.

he won't be brilliant, but he'll be 5x better at creating goals than any of our midfield, so it's an improvement

Guest The Enforcer

Having watched him a fair amount of times, it's clear he has talent, but he simply doesn't use it right. There's a reason Marseille are letting him go and have been thinking about it for a few windows now. Think Nani at his most frustrating worst, Ben Arfa is selfish and very often overplays. He's never lived up to the hype of when he first broke onto the scene at Lyon.

I'm not trying to make it sound completely doom and gloom though, as I said, he has talent (a type we've sorely missed), it's just a case of getting it out of him at the right times. Something that everyone has failed to do so far.

So assuming this Arfa lad plays to his potential...

Is he the difference between 19th and 17th or could he be the difference between 19th and mid table?

Depends how the rest of the lads play  :pow:

The little i know about him is that he is fast, good dribbler.

But he also tend to be a very up and down player, can be brilliant when things goes he`s way, and very grumpy when things go bad.

So if we get the flow, i think he can be a excellent player.

But i am afraid that if we are fighting in the relegation zone, he will not be the first to pull up he`s sleeves and do a shift.

I might be wrong though :undecided:

Is he the difference between 19th and 17th or could he be the difference between 19th and mid table?

But he also tend to be a very up and down player, can be brilliant when things goes he`s way, and very grumpy when things go bad.

But i am afraid that if we are fighting in the relegation zone, he will not be the first to pull up he`s sleeves and do a shift.

That's what I think tbh.

I don't think we'll be fighting much in the relegation zone, though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

he won't be brilliant, but he'll be 5x better at creating goals than any of our midfield, so it's an improvement

A stick, drilled into the ground, not necessarily in the stadium, would create 5x more chances than the current midfield.

Having watched him a fair amount of times, it's clear he has talent, but he simply doesn't use it right. There's a reason Marseille are letting him go and have been thinking about it for a few windows now. Think Nani at his most frustrating worst, Ben Arfa is selfish and very often overplays. He's never lived up to the hype of when he first broke onto the scene at Lyon.

I'm not trying to make it sound completely doom and gloom though, as I said, he has talent (a type we've sorely missed), it's just a case of getting it out of him at the right times. Something that everyone has failed to do so far.

Thanks for the most grounded assesment yet, Enforcer!

What Toon Norway said.

Inconsistent, and seems to have attitudes problems.

Ben Arfa was sold to Marseille from Lyon for 11M Euro, and reported to be enjoying 70k Euro per week. I can't imagine that Marseille are willing to make a big lose on him.

I don't think we should purchase him. Loan with minimal transaction fee, yes.

That's what I think tbh.

I don't think we'll be fighting much in the relegation zone, though.

Hopefully not, but its not unthinkable tbh

Knew this about him. Just hoping by going to a team which isn't up at the top he might knuckle down and show his class (which is obvious!)

More than likely he just fancies living on the quay though!!!

Guest The Enforcer

The one thing on our side (should he move to us) is the timing of the transfer. Obviously the French national team are currently going through transition. This is his chance to finally break in to that team, but he needs to change his ways. He must know that and will hopefully do everything he can to rectify the situation. If he's going to change, it's going to be now or never.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We've had such a mix bag with our French signings, wonder which side Ben Arfa will fall into.  :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We've had such a mix bag with our French signings, wonder which side Ben Arfa will fall into.  :undecided:

The one consistency being the fact they've all been complete moody cunts, without fail.

They have all been moody sulky temperemental shits tbh

Well timed!  :lol: