Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Awesome! Best news since being on my honeymoon. Sitting outside a cafe in the sun In noosa waiting for breakfast. Heading to korea now bit hope it's official once I've landed.

What was the good news on your honeymoon, did you find out that your marriage had been annulled?

Awesome! Best news since being on my honeymoon. Sitting outside a cafe in the sun In noosa waiting for breakfast. Heading to korea now bit hope it's official once I've landed.

What was the good news on your honeymoon, did you find out that your marriage had been annulled?

:lol:

Clearly Ben Arfa's somehow gotten an amazingly favorable impression of Hughton and the club.  Whether that's through direct conversation, indirect contacts, or just plain luck, I don't know.  But he not only wants to play in the Premier League, he wants to play here - even if it's just for a season.  If the deal goes ahead as rumored, it's an enormous coup.  Very little risk if he turns into a gigantic problem - just drop him, he doesn't play 25 games, we have no obligations.  If he plays 25 games, he will have by definition been good enough to help, and worthy of purchase.

Look at Anelka with Bolton - stroppy prick played hard for Sammy Lee and scored crucial goals (23 in 61 games - 53 starts).  It's possible Ben Arfa takes to the Premiership perfectly and loves it.  No doubt we need creativity and pace and flair...he has the lot. 

And he might even love it here - he surely loves the airport already.  Who knows?

Good post. I don't think people are fully upto speed on how talented he is, you can take a Beardsley and x2. The other thing is most French players have an attitude and the example of give of Anelka is a good one. When we discussed him on here back in the day, there were the usual reservations about him, but look at what he has delivered at nearly every club.

So happy if this goes through like.

Love the options this lad could give us. Could play just off Carroll in a free role, put him in the side instead of Nolan and we'd have a team that could have some real potential on the counter-attack against the better teams.

Seems he can play on both of the wings as well, another option if Jonas or Routledge are injured/out of form/in need of a rest. We saw las Sunday that if we can get good possession of the ball in our opponents territory then Carroll and Nolan can be quite an imposing physical pairing up top, having another option on the wing can only be a good thing.

Hope he doesn't get injured on his debut like. :lol:

Clearly Ben Arfa's somehow gotten an amazingly favorable impression of Hughton and the club.  Whether that's through direct conversation, indirect contacts, or just plain luck, I don't know.  But he not only wants to play in the Premier League, he wants to play here - even if it's just for a season.  If the deal goes ahead as rumored, it's an enormous coup.  Very little risk if he turns into a gigantic problem - just drop him, he doesn't play 25 games, we have no obligations.  If he plays 25 games, he will have by definition been good enough to help, and worthy of purchase.

Look at Anelka with Bolton - stroppy prick played hard for Sammy Lee and scored crucial goals (23 in 61 games - 53 starts).  It's possible Ben Arfa takes to the Premiership perfectly and loves it.  No doubt we need creativity and pace and flair...he has the lot. 

And he might even love it here - he surely loves the airport already.  Who knows?

Good post. I don't think people are fully upto speed on how talented he is, you can take a Beardsley and x2. The other thing is most French players have an attitude and the example of give of Anelka is a good one. When we discussed him on here back in the day, there were the usual reservations about him, but look at what he has delivered at nearly every club.

Did you really just say this lad is twice the player Beardsley was? :lol:

I like him and think he's quality, he's not Beardsley x 2 though.

My mistake I mean potentially.

Still a bit much, like.

Still a bit much, like.

Perhaps I've got a bit overexcited at having the possibility of a flair player back in the team... :blush:

was out tonight and was out the night he flew in 2 weeks ago!!! obviously nothing ever happens with HBA until i go out for the night!!! luckily, i'm out tomorrow afternoon so you can bet thats when its completed (IF....i'm scared that it'll modric!). reckon we should plant a few people at Newcastle Airport. honestly, i thought the dream had died like so often before, so this would be a monumental deal.

btw splitting the jose-jonas duopoly would be scandalous and i reckon tiote will be more of an away game player.

what is the best smiley to express complete jubilation?

I like him and think he's quality, he's not Beardsley x 2 though.

Agreed - completely over the top. I haven't yet seen any player who is twice as good as Beardsley at his best.

The days keep coming, and the destination keeps changing.  The day before yesterday he was going to Liverpool, yesterday to Werder Bremem, Hatem Ben Arfa was linked to several clubs since his refusal to train with OM two weeks ago.  But it is finally Newcastle where the attacking midfielder will attempt to restart his career, according to L' Equipe.  He visted the home of the Magpies fifteen days ago. 

The newspaper has announced that he will be flying to London today to finalise his transfer.  More precisely, his one year loan, with option of understood purchase of between 5-6 million euros if he plays at least 25 matches this season.  For OM, his departure will reduce the wage bill, but will not raise cash to buy the defensive players desired by Didier Deschamps.