Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quote from Blefescu via Face-ache.

Martin Atkinson told Hatem Ben Arfa to get up today after De Jong's horror tackle which broke his leg. For that and the two blatant Newcastle pens that he missed he should never ref again.

anybody heard owt about this.

Everytime Wenger complains about tackling, so many people have a go at him about it. Whinging Frenchman etc etc etc. Today we have experienced it for ourselves and it really sucks. Imagine how often Wenger and Arsenal have had to deal with this sort of thing. It's terrible. It's why I have always been a huge supporter of Wengers stance. As much as they all deny it, a lot of managers send out players to do this sort of thing.

Zamora, Dembele and Ben Arfa already this season.

I couldn't agree more...I absolutely hate it when cunts like McMahon defends tackles like against Aaron Ramsey as just bad timing or there was no malice. Fuck me if you go in with a scisor tackle like that, I don't care whether it's reckless or bad timing, you're out to break a leg. It's like throwing a molotov cocktail into a room full of petrol and say oh I didnt mean for the place to explode! 

Watching the Hughton interview on the BBC. Thinks it was a challenge that didn't need to be made.

Just a lack of respect for fellow professionals. They're just some people that get a kick out of injuring other players. Just cruel. At the end of the day this is the means by which they all provide for their families, but yet you go out and jeopardize someone's career? Why?

Watching the Hughton interview on the BBC. Thinks it was a challenge that didn't need to be made.

I'm surprised that gutless b****** didn't agree he was glad De Jong didn't injure himself as well.

angry shite that mind grumpy

Quote from Blefescu via Face-ache.

Martin Atkinson told Hatem Ben Arfa to get up today after De Jong's horror tackle which broke his leg. For that and the two blatant Newcastle pens that he missed he should never ref again.

anybody heard owt about this.

Wouldn't suprise me at all tbh. I'm sure even the refs carry that same biased attitude towards foreigners, believing they always dive and are always feigning injury. Ridiculously unproffesional. Even if he felt that way, why openly say that to a player who might well be hurt badly. Crazy.

Sad to think we'll probably never see what

Carroll

Jonas - Hatem - Wayne

Tiote - Barton

would have been like.

We were never going to anyway, for obvious reasons.

Don't be ridiculous, it would have happened at some point, Nolan simply doesn't have the fitness to play every single match and Hughton isn't the idiot some people seem to think.

Just got in and found out about this. Agree with those who've said De Jong should be banned from the game. It's not like he's unknown for that sort of on the field conduct. Absolutely gutted for Hatem - poor lad. :(

Guest Toon1981

Totally gutted about this, obviously. 

However, is it all possible that

a) De Jong, even if he is a hacking get, didn't mean to break Ben Arfa's leg, and

b) Atkinson, at full speed, and from the angle he had at the time can be forgiven for thinking the tackle wasn't that bad?  Is it even more possible that the difference between this tackle and many others that eg Smith and Barton have dished out over the last few years was just bad luck, in particular relating to the position of Ben Arfa's standing leg?

No?  Fair enough.  Sack Atkinson and lynch De Jong etc...

a) De Jong, even if he is a hacking get, didn't mean to break Ben Arfa's leg, and

He probably didn't mean to break his leg, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that he went in to hit him early on to keep him quiet.

Totally gutted about this, obviously. 

b) Atkinson, at full speed, and from the angle he had at the time can be forgiven for thinking the tackle wasn't that bad?  Is it even more possible that the difference between this tackle and many others that eg Smith and Barton have dished out over the last few years was just bad luck, in particular relating to the position of Ben Arfa's standing leg?

No?  Fair enough.  Sack Atkinson and lynch De Jong etc...

WUM-tastic.