Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He may go into shell like Luque did after he got crocked. Lets not splash the cash on the whim he may become good next season. If he s*** once he gets fit again dump him as quick as toxic waste & move on.

Luque went into his shell because Roeder hated him and he wasn't very good in the first place.

We paid over the odds but Luque was  good player at Mallorca & DLC.

:(

He quickly became my favourite player and suddenly he's crocked. Absolutely devastated.

Disgusting that it was described as a 'welcome to England' tackle. If that is what people think English football has become then we are in a sorry state of affairs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Premier League is still a physical thuggish league man. Its quality is greatly over hyped and heavily edited to appear better than we are.

Guest BooBoo

It's backward to think that English football fans will leap to their feet and cheer a bonecrunching tackle like we saw today. And people wonder why England are so far from winning a World Cup.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101003/hatem-ben-arfa-statement_2281670_2173915

In the early stages of Sunday's Barclays Premier League fixture against Manchester City, Hatem Ben Arfa was stretchered from the field of play following a tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong.

X-rays taken this afternoon have confirmed that he has suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning.

Everyone connected with the club sends Hatem their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

At this stage no time limit has been put on his expected return date.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

So it is a pretty bad break then? I hope we do sign him. I wonder what Marseilles are thinking right now.

I agree that he shouldn't be punished in retrospect. The tackle was a bad one and should have been dealt with at the time but it wasn't. The tackle was the tackle, it was a bad one the damage it did shouldn't be converted into a 10 match ban or something stupid like that after the event.

The tackle should be looked at again and something done about it.  The referee awarded a penalty against us for a less dangerous tackle so he couldn't have seen this one properly or he couldn't have just ignored it.

Guest BooBoo

so i assume a broken tibia and fibia is very bad :weep:

I'm no Doctor but breaking two bones in your leg is usually bad.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

He may have a slight limp

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/dr-riviera1.png

I agree that he shouldn't be punished in retrospect. The tackle was a bad one and should have been dealt with at the time but it wasn't. The tackle was the tackle, it was a bad one the damage it did shouldn't be converted into a 10 match ban or something stupid like that after the event.

The tackle should be looked at again and something done about it.  The referee awarded a penalty against us for a less dangerous tackle so he couldn't have seen this one properly or he couldn't have just ignored it.

The referee got it badly wrong on both occasions imo. The De Jong one was a red and it definitely wasn't a pen.  :thup:

I was talking more about De Jong getting the book thrown after the game purely because of the extent of Ben Arfa's injury.

The referee got it badly wrong on both occasions imo. The De Jong one was a red and it definitely wasn't a pen.  :thup:

I was talking more about De Jong getting the book thrown after the game purely because of the extent of Ben Arfa's injury.

I agree that it should be looked at because of the tackle and not the injury.

Extremely unecesseary challenge from de Jong... It feels like we lost two games of football today, which we did not deserve.

Hope he recover well, but those injuries can be very damaging to his career, or at least the next couple of years. Rushing back from these injuries is never really a success...I fear he will not be back at his best this season.

Guest andrew

12-16 weeks out according to a host of websites I've researched about this injury, then you have to add on time for rehabilitation, and to regain muscle strength. So six months is a good estimate- 4 months plus two months rehab, seven months taking into account he will be in training for a  month or so before even playing for the Reserves.

So, 7 months- we may see him feature in a game or two before the end of the season in may or maybe not at all

12-16 weeks out according to a host of websites I've researched about this injury, then you have to add on time for rehabilitation, and to regain muscle strength. So six months is a good estimate- 4 months plus two months rehab, seven months taking into account he will be in training for a  month or so before even playing for the Reserves.

So, 7 months- we may see him feature in a game or two before the end of the season in may or maybe not at all

doubt we will see him this season tbh,