Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

tbf, i wouldn't be disappointed if he was to replace jonas in the team, jonas simply will not create anything in the premiership

His pace, willingness to run at people and most importantly partnership with Enrique makes him our best option on the wing regardless of whether HBA signs or not. There's no point in signing someone to solve the problem of creativity in the centre of the park and deciding to play him on the wing.

QFT!

The effort he puts in put most of the rest of our squad to shame.. never known a player track back with such determination, and his ability to track back win the ball then carry it away from danger is massive for us.

He is still a better player going forward at home though.. no idea why, maybe it is how he is being asked to play.

again going back to quality v grafters, grafters only get you so far, quality is what you need when it counts, Jonas has no quality in his passing, crossing or shooting.  Yes he will pull players apart, but the amount of times his passes go missing, or his final ball is shite is far too much

I don't think it's a question of graft versus quality, it's a question of where we need quality and where we can get away with grafters. We're in dire need of some quality in the centre of the park and have been for years now whereas Jonas and Jose will cause teams enough trouble despite the fact Gutierrez isn't the most productive of wingers.

If we were having this conversation about Ryan Taylor rather than Jonas then I'd agree entirely.

but will hughton drop his favourite nolan then, because sadly i can't see it

I doubt it. Like I said I think Ben Arfa will play where Nolan is at the minute and Nolan will take Guthrie's place. Midfield of Jonas, Big Fat Kev, Barry Chuckle and Routledge with HBA playing off the shoulder of Carroll.

So what should the transfer policy be if anyone who would play for Newcastle must be shit?

"Hi, we're interested in signing your young striker."

"I've spoken to him and he's said he'd be interested in the transfer"

"You've just talked yourself out of a deal, good day sir!" *click* brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:lol: Spot on.

Guest neesy111

tbf, i wouldn't be disappointed if he was to replace jonas in the team, jonas simply will not create anything in the premiership

His pace, willingness to run at people and most importantly partnership with Enrique makes him our best option on the wing regardless of whether HBA signs or not. There's no point in signing someone to solve the problem of creativity in the centre of the park and deciding to play him on the wing.

QFT!

The effort he puts in put most of the rest of our squad to shame.. never known a player track back with such determination, and his ability to track back win the ball then carry it away from danger is massive for us.

He is still a better player going forward at home though.. no idea why, maybe it is how he is being asked to play.

again going back to quality v grafters, grafters only get you so far, quality is what you need when it counts, Jonas has no quality in his passing, crossing or shooting.  Yes he will pull players apart, but the amount of times his passes go missing, or his final ball is shite is far too much

I don't think it's a question of graft versus quality, it's a question of where we need quality and where we can get away with grafters. We're in dire need of some quality in the centre of the park and have been for years now whereas Jonas and Jose will cause teams enough trouble despite the fact Gutierrez isn't the most productive of wingers.

If we were having this conversation about Ryan Taylor rather than Jonas then I'd agree entirely.

I doubt it. Like I said I think Ben Arfa will play where Nolan is at the minute and Nolan will take Guthrie's place.

nolan and barton does not fill me with confidence  :-[

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

So what should the transfer policy be if anyone who would play for Newcastle must be s***?

"Hi, we're interested in signing your young striker."

"I've spoken to him and he's said he'd be interested in the transfer"

"You've just talked yourself out of a deal, good day sir!" *click* brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:lol: Spot on.

Class

Guest neesy111

Taylor27 you're taking the fucking piss with this transfer like. Honestly, what the fuck do you want?

I want us to sign the best players we can afford that can keep us in this division. I'm just not sure he is one of those.

what for 800k, are you seriously taking the piss?

That is a fairly expensive loan fee to be honest. at that price there could be alternatives, maybe not with the ability or track record, but with some talent and no tendency of going missing...

right, name these players then

or would prefer an amdy faye signing

Taylor27 you're taking the fucking piss with this transfer like. Honestly, what the fuck do you want?

I want us to sign the best players we can afford that can keep us in this division. I'm just not sure he is one of those.

That is a fairly expensive loan fee to be honest. at that price there could be alternatives, maybe not with the ability or track record, but with some talent and no tendency of going missing...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Ashley seems to have gotten old bighead's password.

QFT!

I doubt it. Like I said I think Ben Arfa will play where Nolan is at the minute and Nolan will take Guthrie's place.

nolan and barton does not fill me with confidence  :-[

Any central midfield pairing we have at the moment fills me with dread but lets look on the bright side, at least Smith isn't starting.

Cleverley, Wellbeck, Wilshere

Guest MrBrown

Taylor27 you're taking the f***ing piss with this transfer like. Honestly, what the f*** do you want?

... what is wrong with you?

La Liga dross would destroy Prem dross tbh. Same goes for Serie A.

There's a reason Diamanti went from Serie B to West Ham's second best player last season. Lower teams in the other leagues are streets ahead ability wise.

I just disagree. I could give you countless examples of foreign players failing in this country. We play different football but it's certainly not worse IMO.

Of course it's f**king worse. The British blueprint is why we got mullered at the World Cup and played off the park by the first decent team we come across.

Take a player out of a team in Spain and hoy them in a team in England and they'll struggle to adapt (for example Borja Valero), but put a lower English team against a lower Spanish team and they'd get played off the park. They're technically and tactically streets ahead of us.

There's a reason why we've only won 1 out of the last 25 Uefa Cups (or equivalents), our middle to lower teams are so far behind the top echelons.

I think you have confused English footballers with the English premiership. Spain's national team (Barcelona) is excellent but that proves nothing.

We need to nuture our youngsters better yes, but that has nothing to with the standard of our league.

No. It's a footballing culture that manifests at every level in England. Have you watched some of the crap in the Premiership recently? It's technically inept players playing hoofball for turgid, tactically backward managers sticking with simplistic 4-4-2s for two-bit nothing football clubs. The bottom of the Premiership is a clap of horseshit, and because of that I remain some modual of confidence that we can survive.

I can comfortably watch any game in Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivise and comfortably say the enjoyment levels are streets ahead of what I'd get from watching some drivel fom the Premier League.

I wish Euro 2012 would be scrapped so we could get a 20 vs 20, Premiership v La Liga competition tbh :lol:

England, France and Italy are in disarray - after the Premiership v La Liga competition finishes Spain, Holland and Germany can have a 3-way round robin to determine the winner of what would have been Euro 2012. ;)

Guest neesy111

wellbeck better than ben arfa  :facepalm:

wilshere and cleverly not available and would command similar loan fee's tbh

Taylor27 you're taking the f***ing piss with this transfer like. Honestly, what the f*** do you want?

mackem in disguise

Guest malandro

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Apart from the OTT wages, what is the lure of the Premiership?

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Even if you don't rate the quality of the football, the lure is obvious.

Bollocks. Most the worlds best footballers dont play in the PL and players dont make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money thats luring him to the EPL.

He's playing the long game if you ask me. The Premier League is the most watched sports league on earth, if he comes to us and does well he can make a name for himself and command bigger money moves in the future. The alternatives for him are stay in France or go to Germany, Russia or Portugal.

If he does join us and he does pull up trees he'll not be playing for us on 2011/12.

Thats certainly more plausible than Daves theory about him being enticed by the quality of the stadia.

I was only questioning the lure of the PL cliché as this isnt a done deal and if money is the key factor theres still plenty of scope for the clubs cheapskate recruitment policy to scupper the move, which would be a shitter as we really need some genuine creativity in the side.

If he signs on big money theres also the possibility somebody will be sold to keep the wage bill at its current level.

I think the lure of the Premier League is still quite big for outsiders despite the fact most fans in England now seem to recognise that it's barely comparable to La Liga or even a pretty pish Serie A. The Premier League has benefitted from money and extremely clever marketing.

Just because Barcelona are class doesn't make Spanish football better than ours. Real Madrid (pre Mourinho) would get beat by our top 3 IMO. Technically it might be better on the eye but that doesn't make it "better" football.

La Liga has some s**** teams in it too.

Debatable. If you went down the league and matched our 20 and their 20 up in order I'd fancy their lot most of the time. The bottom half of the Premier League was f***ing awful last year.

What makes it for me is the fact that our second tier of the premiership Everton, City, Villa and Liverpool are all of better quality than the likes of Getafe, Maljorca etc.

That’ll be why a second tier English club hasn’t won the UEFA Cup since 1984.

mackem in disguise

its a shit disguise

Danny Welbeck? Danny fucking Welbeck?! :mackems:

Guest MrBrown

mackem in disguise

Not sure that's being entirely fair to the mackems.

Cleverley and Wilshere are not being loaned out, Welbeck has gone to Sunderland.

Why did Sunderland choose Welbeck over him?

Hell why are Birmingham looking to buy Charles N'Zogbia when they can get this guy? Where are West Ham, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn?

Like I said, why not wait 12 months before deciding whether this is a good move or not? I'd be delighted to be wrong.