Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Apart from the OTT wages, what is the lure of the Premiership?

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Even if you don't rate the quality of the football, the lure is obvious.

Bollocks. Most the world’s best footballers don’t play in the PL and players don’t make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money that’s luring him to the EPL.

We'd only be paying him the same as Marseille do.

judging by bullards failed loan to celtic i dont think thats entirely true with all loans, bullard demanded more money on top of his salary to go to celtic

He could be an intergral part to our team next year. We could do with one more of his calibre though ;)

We could do with getting him through the door first :)

By the sounds of it he has agreed to join us, sure these things can go pearshaped but i doubt it. If i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up like.

He's a livewire like.. would put most of our CM;s to shame.. IF we played him there that us.

no way would we play him there. got to be somewhere with little to no defensive duties beyond harrying a defender.

http://www.lephoceen.fr/depeches-OM/ben-arfa-direction-newcastle-20661

President Jean-Claude Dassier Olympian spoke before the match against Caen on the case of Hatem Ben Arfa.

In front of the microphones Canal +, the president has confirmed interest from Marseille to Newcastle for the French international. Dassier said a meeting with British leaders should be held early this week to finalize the transaction. More details in the evening.

President Jean-Claude Dassier Olympian spoke before the match against Caen on the case of Hatem Ben Arfa.

In front of the microphones Canal +, the president has confirmed interest from Marseille to Newcastle for the French international. Dassier said a meeting with British leaders should be held early this week to finalize the transaction. More details in the evening.

:lol:

If only we still had Dennis Wise, that statement would be hilarious.

He's a livewire like.. would put most of our CM;s to shame.. IF we played him there that us.

no way would we play him there. got to be somewhere with little to no defensive duties beyond harrying a defender.

Aye true.. guess we can look forward to our usual lack of CM mobility

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/marseille/article_441540_Marseille-Ben-Arfa-a-Newcastle-.shtml

[barring a] last minute turnaround, Hatem Ben Arfa, the attacking midfielder (or attacker) from Olympique Marseille, will join Newcastle.

Tracked by Hoffenheim, Benfica or Galatasaray, Hatem Ben Arfa (23 years), the attacking midfielder (or attacker) from Olympique Marseille, will finally join the Premier. As we announced previously, the French international will be a loan fee (of around 800,000 euros) with option to purchase.

In Russia, the Rubin Kazan has also positioned with a concrete offer to just under eight million euros. But the former Lyon did not respond.

The club's president Jean-Claude Dassier could formalize his departure on Saturday night.

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Apart from the OTT wages, what is the lure of the Premiership?

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Even if you don't rate the quality of the football, the lure is obvious.

Bollocks. Most the world’s best footballers don’t play in the PL and players don’t make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money that’s luring him to the EPL.

He's playing the long game if you ask me. The Premier League is the most watched sports league on earth, if he comes to us and does well he can make a name for himself and command bigger money moves in the future. The alternatives for him are stay in France or go to Germany, Russia or Portugal.

If he does join us and he does pull up trees he'll not be playing for us on 2011/12.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/marseille/article_441540_Marseille-Ben-Arfa-a-Newcastle-.shtml

[barring a] last minute turnaround, Hatem Ben Arfa, the attacking midfielder (or attacker) from Olympique Marseille, will join Newcastle.

Tracked by Hoffenheim, Benfica or Galatasaray, Hatem Ben Arfa (23 years), the attacking midfielder (or attacker) from Olympique Marseille, will finally join the Premier. As we announced previously, the French international will be a loan fee (of around 800,000 euros) with option to purchase.

In Russia, the Rubin Kazan has also positioned with a concrete offer to just under eight million euros. But the former Lyon did not respond.

The club's president Jean-Claude Dassier could formalize his departure on Saturday night.

Tonight! Bloody hell.

Of course loans don't take half the time of permenant transfers.

:lol:

If only we still had Dennis Wise, that statement would be hilarious.

http://sniffingtt.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

"Jean, ma' sahn! 'Ave we gorra deal for you!"