Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be brilliant if we had first option to sign him aswell.

Aye, not that they mean much if a bigger fish comes in though.

Surely if there's a contractual agreement in place though?

I guess then the player cna just worm his way out of it..

This.

Option to sign is only with the club, not with the player. We can't force someone to join us.

http://www.footballplazza.com/foot-2894-transferts-hatem-ben-arfa-direction-newcastle.html

According to RMC, Hatem Ben Arfa will join English club Newcastle, an agreement was reached with Olympique Marseille for a fee loan valued at 800,000 euros. Also according to the same source, the OM has received an offer from Russian club Rubin Kazan, estimated at 7.5 million euros, but Ben Arfa refused.

RMC is a radio station btw.

http://www.footballplazza.com/foot-2894-transferts-hatem-ben-arfa-direction-newcastle.html

According to RMC, Hatem Ben Arfa will join English club Newcastle, an agreement was reached with Olympique Marseille for a fee loan valued at 800,000 euros. Also according to the same source, the OM has received an offer from Russian club Rubin Kazan, estimated at 7.5 million euros, but Ben Arfa refused.

RMC is a radio station btw.

It will take two days for SSN to mention it. Think cunts.

Considering he can leave for £3m next summer, I think such a clause can not exist.

Guest malandro

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Apart from the OTT wages, what is the lure of the Premiership?

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Even if you don't rate the quality of the football, the lure is obvious.

Bollocks. Most the world’s best footballers don’t play in the PL and players don’t make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money that’s luring him to the EPL.

He's playing the long game if you ask me. The Premier League is the most watched sports league on earth, if he comes to us and does well he can make a name for himself and command bigger money moves in the future. The alternatives for him are stay in France or go to Germany, Russia or Portugal.

If he does join us and he does pull up trees he'll not be playing for us on 2011/12.

That’s certainly more plausible than Dave’s theory about him being enticed by the quality of the stadia.

I was only questioning the ‘lure of the PL’ cliché as this isn’t a done deal and if money is the key factor there’s still plenty of scope for the club’s cheapskate recruitment policy to scupper the move, which would be a shitter as we really need some genuine creativity in the side.

If he signs on big money there’s also the possibility somebody will be sold to keep the wage bill at its current level.

heres what i don't get, i can understand not wanting to go to russia or to a lesser extent hoffenheim but not benfica? champions league football and possibility of winning trophies or a relegation battle and if he does well in portugal big sides will see it and he'll be able to earn a big move

Guest secteur2010

heres what i don't get, i can understand not wanting to go to russia or to a lesser extent hoffenheim but not benfica? champions league football and possibility of winning trophies or a relegation battle and if he does well in portugal big sides will see it and he'll be able to earn a big move

Telt you two weeks ago, it's them Greggs Steak Bakes from Battle Hill.

Aye, can't quite fathom that one myself.

He is youtubetastic like, he has plenty of tricks and flair.. Hughton has gone all Skirgetastic.. going 3 at the back with Jose & Jonas as wingbacks. NAILED ON  :lol:

We are doomed

--------------Harper

-------Willi----Sol----Colo

Jonas----------------------Jose

--------------Barton

Rout-----------------------Arfa

---------------Nolan

---------------Carroll