Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still fail to see how having a replica top is childish like...or is it just the fasionista's amongst us that think they are style icons for not wearing one?

I love replica tops and buy them myself, I'm not criticizing the idea of them - just the idea that it's ok to wear a replica jersey just like the players even though you don't play for the team (which in principle is a bit ridiculous really isn't it, I think so anyway, but as I said I love replica tops so no judgement here), but that by sticking a name and number on the back you're suddenly in a completely different ballpark for some reason, which to me seems quite petty.

I've always thought putting a name and number implies some sort of hero worship of an individual player, which is a bit different to just expressing support of the team as a whole.

I do think it's a bit weird when I see and overweight middle aged man with a name and number on the back, but I guess if you weren't allowed to love certain players then supporting football would be a lot more dull.

I always receive the name and number on the back of the shirt. I am paying to wear what the players wear. The players have numbers on the back. Also, not everything I get is from the clubs I support, so it is good to clarify that you like the player.

Still fail to see how having a replica top is childish like...or is it just the fasionista's amongst us that think they are style icons for not wearing one?

I love replica tops and buy them myself, I'm not criticizing the idea of them - just the idea that it's ok to wear a replica jersey just like the players even though you don't play for the team (which in principle is a bit ridiculous really isn't it, I think so anyway, but as I said I love replica tops so no judgement here), but that by sticking a name and number on the back you're suddenly in a completely different ballpark for some reason, which to me seems quite petty.

I've always thought putting a name and number implies some sort of hero worship of an individual player, which is a bit different to just expressing support of the team as a whole.

I do think it's a bit weird when I see and overweight middle aged man with a name and number on the back, but I guess if you weren't allowed to love certain players then supporting football would be a lot more dull.

I always receive the name and number on the back of the shirt. I am paying to wear what the players wear. The players have numbers on the back. Also, not everything I get is from the clubs I support, so it is good to clarify that you like the player.

Fair point, I agree with the players thing. My Klinsmann 18 shirt is my favourite ever.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They are bringing players back over 3 or 4 days. I suppose we'll find out when the pictures go up!

I passed the training ground on my way back from work today, car park was full but the only car I recognised in the car park was Beardsley's, there weren't any other "Footballer's cars" if you will.

That's my expert analysis on whether the first team were training today or not...