Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ben Arfa would have been kicked off the park in the derby.

Exactly.

Yeah i'd rather be without arguably our best player in our biggest away game of the season. Just like I wasn't at all gutted that Tiote missed the game last year through suspension as, after all, it was a game he would probably have got sent off in anyway!

Guest mimifrench

If you keep thinking like this as regards ben arfa, he'll never play again or he'll always be injured or be scared to play against "strong, physical" teams.

Let him play against whatever team when he is fit and mentally capable of playing.

If you keep thinking like this as regards ben arfa, he'll never play again or he'll always be injured or be scared to play against "strong, physical" teams.

Let him play against whatever team when he is fit and mentally capable of playing.

Ben Arfa has been on the wrong end of two really bad tackles, he'll be fine under normal conditions and any footballer would have similar injuries if they faced those two challenges.  I think he'll also be fine mentally after the second injury because his initial injury has now been tested and he'll know that it's up to the job.

Guest mimifrench

Ben Arfa has been on the wrong end of two really bad tackles, he'll be fine under normal conditions and any footballer would have similar injuries if they faced those two challenges.  I think he'll also be fine mentally after the second injury because his initial injury has now been tested and he'll know that it's up to the job.

I'm not so sure about that if you want to know my real thoughts... but i hope you're right.

Ben arfa looks strong (i mean his outward appareance) but i'm sure that "inwardly" he is not that strong and he'll be afraid of playing again and be injured once again, even if this feeling is just for 5 seconds when he'll enter the pitch...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Spot on. Fed up of hearing "he'll get taken apart by this player"- he's as likely to be against Stoke as he is against Swansea. Just play him and hope he can come back a good player.

Cattermole would have set his mind on some career ending tackle anyway. Might be for the best. Looking forward to the boost he'll bring upon his return, just hope we'll pick up points before that.

I dunno like, the little scrote bottled it big time in both derby games. First time was understandable, any plastic hardman's arse would drop when faced with :tiote:, but he had no excuse 2nd time when he was up against Smith and then Guthrie.

What's the point of playing someone if you're constantly scared they're gonna get kicked off the park.

Should be better, quicker, stronger and able to ride tackles or avoid them while running rings around them man.

Ronaldo, Best, Maradona, Pele, Eusabio etc had hatchet men after them all the time but they never shirked and ended up making the kickers look like fools.

What's the point of playing someone if you're constantly scared they're gonna get kicked off the park.

Who suggested this? Rushing him back for the Sunderland match would be madness.

I think people will be more than happy to see him playing the following games is ready. It's the nature of the derby that is a concern, not Ben Arfa in general.

I'm not suggesting that Ben Arfa to be rushed back for the derby, but I can't remember the derbies being intense affairs on the pitch in recent years.

I can't think of a horrible tackle that occurred in either game last season. 

Should be better, quicker, stronger and able to ride tackles or avoid them while running rings around them man.

Ronaldo, Best, Maradona, Pele, Eusabio etc had hatchet men after them all the time but they never shirked and ended up making the kickers look like fools.

Do you think his broken leg was due to him not being good enough, strong enough or quick enough? 

Do you think his broken leg was due to him not being good enough, strong enough or quick enough? 

No but think it's poor to suggest we cherry pick "soft" games to play him in.

No but think it's poor to suggest we cherry pick "soft" games to play him in.

Who has suggested that?!