Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's ludicrous to suggest he shouldn't be risked in certain games however if the rules are constantly broken and not penalised (de Jong for example) then what's the fucking point?

I don't think anyone has suggested that he should be held back from featuring in certain matches?

Think it's a bit soon to say he's going to be constantly targeted or injured regularly. He was murdered by De Jong and caught be a clumsy lower league player taking a friendly too seriously.

Beyond that let's wait and see, I'm sure he'll be fine playing in the majority of games when he's back and surrounded by the rest of the first team.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's ludicrous to suggest he shouldn't be risked in certain games however if the rules are constantly broken and not penalised (de Jong for example) then what's the fucking point?

I don't think anyone has suggested that he should be held back from featuring in certain matches?

You've made it quite clear no one has suggested it :thup:

i think the point about the derby is that it's not a good game to return from such a long time out, when h's fully fit play him week in week out, but his return games (1st 2, maybe 3 games back) should be picked wisely, to build his confidence and reassure himself that his leg and now ankle are strong again. I've suffered a few bad injuries in my time and the 1st few games its in the back of you mind, that maybe its not right. Facing cattermole would not be a good idea for 1st game back imo.

When he's back in full training he will be able to play the next game.

Wont start though.

Easing him back into the side is the best course of action really.

Aye, that's why he wont start. If he's fit enough to be in full training he's in.

A good preseason would have been really beneficial to his form and fitness for next season, but he hasn't had one.

I wouldn't say it was a disastrous pre-season for him. He looked very fit and sharp against Darlo.

A good preseason would have been really beneficial to his form and fitness for next season, but he hasn't had one.

I wouldn't say it was a disastrous pre-season for him. He looked very fit and sharp against Darlo.

True - but having your ankle ligamnets busted hardly represents a good 'un

True - but having your ankle ligamnets busted hardly represents a good 'un

Tad exaggeration like.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Mackems dodging the HBA bullet again  :dave:

To be fair we hammered them llast season without him, i'm sure we can do the same again :)

Who scored a hat trick in that game again ?

And is he still here ?

To be fair we hammered them llast season without him, i'm sure we can do the same again :)

And is he still here ?

You're right, I forgot the only way to beat a team was to put out exactly the same lineup from the last time you beat them and wait for the exact same match to happen again.

Guest thenorthumbrian

And is he still here ?

You're right, I forgot the only way to beat a team was to put out exactly the same lineup from the last time you beat them and wait for the exact same match to happen again.

It might be to hold on to one of your best goalscorers to give yourself a better chance in the next game.

And is he still here ?

It might be to hold on to one of your best goalscorers to give yourself a better chance in the next game.

Nah, would rather not have to rely on a bloke that was blowing out his arse after 60 minutes of most games to be hoenst. Better off replacing him with proper athletes.

Guest thenorthumbrian

And is he still here ?

Nah, would rather not have to rely on a bloke that was blowing out his arse after 60 minutes of most games to be hoenst. Better off replacing him with proper athletes.

Fair enough as far as it goes, but how many of these proper athletes(presumably the close season signings) have you seen play and what are their goalscoring record like ?

And is he still here ?

Fair enough as far as it goes, but how many of these proper athletes(presumably the close season signings) have you seen play and what are their goalscoring record like ?

Well Demba Ba's isnt too shabby to be fair is it?

Lets not forget, Nolans goals dried up big time when Carroll left, what was it, 2 after he left? And when he didnt score he didnt contribute, or contributed very little at least.