Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

<<I feel that you're a lot biased towards Marveaux>>

Ah ok  :lol: :lol: :lol:  (Of course, I imagine than in your case, you're not a lot biaised towards Jonas, even if you don't really know Marveaux)

There is bias on my part too but that's because I know what to expect from Jonas when he's in the team. With Marveaux, I have an idea on what to expect but dropping Jonas just like that is ill-advised.

I never said to drop Jonas "like that". I said the moment will come naturally for Marveaux and the left side will be for him and I said why. After all, it's only my feeling based on what I saw from two players. There's no bias on my part.

I'm sure Marveaux will be starting on the left wing at some point but I don't think Jonas can be dropped in the long term, let alone the short term. A simple solution would be to start Jonas on the right.

Still think you underrate Jonas though.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc55/Sakura2811dev/Gifs%20and%20Tumblr%20pictures/SORCERY.gif

Guest hatem garrincha

<<Still think you underrate Jonas though.>>

I'm not talking about Jonas individually. I'm comparing him to another player for the left wing of NUFC (the best player at each post philosphy)

It's not the same

(Jonas is a good team player with great spirit but you are too "sentimental" towards him and I can understand that)

Guest mimifrench

I'm not talking about Jonas individually. I'm comparing him to another player for the left wing of NUFC.

It's not the same

(Jonas is a good team player with great spirit)

Don't forget that Gutierrez is in the Argentina squad, whereas Marveaux isn't even in the French one (and it's not likely to happen to my mind).

Still think Best will be the one to make way now that Ba seems to have found his feet. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ben Arfa start against Spurs, despite that being harsh on Best.

Especially given that Pardew seemed fairly happy to move Best on earlier in the summer it seemed.

I'm not talking about Jonas individually. I'm comparing him to another player for the left wing of NUFC.

It's not the same

Fair enough.

EDIT: having looked at your previous posts, I probably did misread them (apologies) but I stand by what I've said about Jonas - on current form, he should be a definite starter, be it on the left or the right.

Guest hatem garrincha

It's not the same

Don't forget that Gutierrez is in the Argentina squad, whereas Marveaux isn't even in the French one (and it's not likely to happen to my mind).

Please give me their respective ages ?

Guest mimifrench

It's not the same

:lol:

I don't know exactly but Marveaux maybe is 24 and Jonas, 27-28 ?

Honestly, i don't even think that when Marveaux will be the age of Jonas, he'll be in the French squad...

Sorry, but the way you rate Marveaux surprises me... Don't know what to tell you more...

Guest hatem garrincha

It's not the same

Honestly, i don't even think that when Marveaux will be the age of Jonas, he'll be in the French squad...

Sorry, but the way you rate Marveaux surprises me... Don't know what to tell you more...

Honestly without his injury last year, he would already be in the French sqad

You surpise me about Marveaux. It seems you didn't see him play very much  :cool:

For you : http://www.lefigaro.fr/football-ligue-1-et-2/2010/02/10/02013-20100210ARTSPO00596-marveaux-le-messie-de-rennes.php

I let you do the translation...

Guest hatem garrincha

It's not the same

Honestly without his injury last year, he would already be in the French sqad

You surpise me about Marveaux. It seems you didn't see him play very much  :cool:

For you : http://www.lefigaro.fr/football-ligue-1-et-2/2010/02/10/02013-20100210ARTSPO00596-marveaux-le-messie-de-rennes.php

I let you do the translation...

But don't worry, HBA is unique...

Guest mimifrench

@hatem garrincha : if your only source is the Figaro  :lol:

Honestly, between you and me, that's not true, even without his injury, i'm not sure that he could be in the long term in the French squad... (considering all the players we have for the left wing).

I saw him play, he was good but.......

Do you rate him higher than Ben arfa ?

Guest hatem garrincha

Honestly, between you and me, that's not true, even without his injury, i'm not sure that he could be in the long term in the French squad... (considering all the players we have for the left wing).

You can "googalise" if you want, Figaro or other paper, bof, you will read the same about him.

He played with all young French selections , under 16, 17, 19, 21.

You should not insult the future  :)

When you know Valbuena is in French squad, all is possible  :lol:

Guest mimifrench

You can "googalise" if you want, Figaro or other paper, bof, you will read the same about him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair enough...

You didn't answer me : do you rate Marveaux higher than Ben arfa ?

Guest hatem garrincha

Fair enough...

I answered above.

I surrender first  :)

Off

Good night.

Guest mimifrench

Fair enough...

I answered above.

I surrender first  :)

Off

Good night.

I always win  :snod:

Thanks for the discussion  O0. My bed is calling me too, good night.

Best - despite the goals - hasn't played too well. Dunno if thats a good or bad thing. Regardless, I hope Pardew has the balls to drop him for Spurs. Instead of waiting for our current XI to mess up, he should just pick a side that can win the match.

Totally disagree that he's not been playing well. Only saw highlights of Wolves, but despite the fact he should have had at least a couple against Blackburn I thought he was excellent that day. I would expect Ba's goals to keep him in the team mind.

He probably played his best game for us against Blackburn.

cos we won, had we got beat and he missed out on a hat trick he'd have been slaughtered. done the hard work but fluffed the shot, you can get away with it when you win.

yep i think best has played well and his build up play has really improved, he is creating good chances for others. The one he set up for ba in the 2nd half against wolves was all his own work and was brilliant play.