Italian Serie A - 10/11

ponsaelius

Pretty good results for the mighty Lazio tonight.

Assume you're also a Lazio follower then? :)

Yep.  Only been to see them once (a 1-0 defeat to Roma a few years ago, Julio Baptista scored) but i'm pleasantly surprised by the way this season has panned out so far.

Yep.  Only been to see them once (a 1-0 defeat to Roma a few years ago, Julio Baptista scored) but i'm pleasantly surprised by the way this season has panned out so far.

Hernanes has been a revelation, do well to keep him I reckon.

Yep.  Only been to see them once (a 1-0 defeat to Roma a few years ago, Julio Baptista scored) but i'm pleasantly surprised by the way this season has panned out so far.

Hernanes has been a revelation, do well to keep him I reckon.

Yeah he adds a bit of craft to an otherwise workmanlike team.  Tbh i think our league position is artificially high, we've won a lot of games by 1 goal and i honestly don't believe we're the 3rd best team in Italy but i'd love it if we got into Europe and drew an English team.  I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Sweet. Only seen them once as well, 1-1 v sampdoria last season. Agree that the performances havent maybe merited 3rd but still confident Reja can guide us to a europa league spot at least which would be excellent really, considering last season. Hernanes has been a star this season, just need others like Zarate to contribute a bit more than of late and we'll be flying.

Guest Heneage

I've always said Miccoli should never have gone, I loved him.

This season's a write off for Juve, very much need to rebuild and almost gut the squad.

Guest Heneage

I've always said Miccoli should never have gone, I loved him.

This season's a write off for Juve, very much need to rebuild and almost gut the squad.

You wrote off last season at the same time! :lol:

It's been a bad few years, it's to be expected. A lot of the buys of the promotion season have flopped and they've taken some big money gambles that just haven't paid off. The likes of Amauri, Tiago, Grosso, Grygera these players have to go and with it ushered in a new younger fresher Juventus. 

Buffon

De Silverstri      Barzagli      Chiellini    Criscito

Aquilani  Melo

Krasic                  Quagiarella          Giovinco

(The new lad up front last night who's name escapes me)

Moggi was also vital in securing Juventus good young talent, yes he was benter than Fabregash in spandex but he had a good eye for a youngster.

How's Acquafresca doing nowadays?

Meh. Just getting shunted all over the place. He's back at Cagliari (on loan again I think) where he had his best spell of his career but he's not having an amazing season. Got a few goals in the league iirc. I always quite liked him but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than your run of the mill mid-table striker.