La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought it'd be about time for a new thread for a new season.

So:

http://studentweb.cortland.edu/michael.pavone/miniproj1/pics%20for%20miniproj1/FC%20Barcelona%20Crest.jpg

and

http://bajnokokligaja.lapunk.hu/tarhely/bajnokokligaja/kepek/real_madrid_logo_1_.png

...and a few others.

So, Barca or Real?

Surprise package of the season?

Any excuse :smitten:

http://deporteaccion.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/n_atletico_de_madrid_diego_forlan-7971.jpg

Could be worth adding a poll to who people think people will win La Liga. Very hard to call.

Guest neesy111

Can't believe some ppl, think mourinho will make a huge difference next season!

Pellegrini broke just about every record and they still couldn't win the title

I don't think Mou can improve much Real's domestic performance of last year. It's a matter of winning the Clásicos nowadays (and keeping form), and they have lost both these past two seasons which is what they are aiming to improve. If we repeat last year's record league performance we should win it, imho. But it's no small ask. Barring injury Villa should have a field day, though.

Incidentally no team has won La Liga more than twice on the trot since Cruyff did it in the early 90s.

I don't think Mou can improve much Real's domestic performance of last year. It's a matter of winning the Clásicos nowadays (and keeping form), and they have lost both these past two seasons. If we repeat last year's record performance we should win it, imho. But it's a very big if.

I'm looking forward to hear you after seeing those sort of pictures again:  :lol:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02gudsS2Uz0p1/x610.jpg http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08MefUy8wOatR/610x.jpg

The Camp Nou game is going to be fucking great, now that I'm back in BCN I hope I can get tickets (impossible) :lol:

What I meant with my post is that these past two seasons losing both Clásicos has been the key to losing the title so they signed a manager which is seen to have a good record against us. But otherwise Real's performance last year was simply flawless.

Guest Heneage

People forget Mourinho's gameplan isn't just about winning points, it's about playing mind games that cause your opponents to drop points as well.

Guest neesy111

The Camp Nou game is going to be fucking great, now that I'm back in BCN I hope I can get tickets (impossible) :lol:

What I meant with my post is that these past two seasons losing both Clásicos has been the key to losing the title so they signed a manager which is seen to have a good record against us. But otherwise Real's performance last year was simply flawless.

ahh i'm off for 6 days in a couple of months to BCN, you could help us on where to go etc

Guest neesy111

mourinho will make a difference in the champions league, which is a trophy they've quite frankly been shocking in since 2004

Will Mourinho have to try and please the fans by playing more exciting football ruining what makes him a good manager leading to them not being as good.

I reckon so, Barca definitely.

The Camp Nou game is going to be f***ing great, now that I'm back in BCN I hope I can get tickets (impossible) :lol:

ahh i'm off for 6 days in a couple of months to BCN, you could help us on where to go etc

Getting reacquainted with the city myself after five years in the exile, most of the places i used to go to are closed :lol:

But sure, remind me in time.

Will Mourinho have to try and please the fans by playing more exciting football ruining what makes him a good manager leading to them not being as good.

I reckon so, Barca definitely.

There's only one team in the entire division who they need to play "Mourinho football" against in order to win. Yeah, parking the bus in the Bernabéu will raise a few eyebrows from the Real Madrid faithful but I don't really think it's going to be a common ocurrence.

Guest deporik

Barca to win the league.

Life at Real Madrid will be very interesting for Mourinho. He likes to have control but traditionally, the coaches at Madrid have to follow orders and aren't really appreciated by the board. Can't see Mourinho being there for more than 1 season unless he wins the CL and Liga double.

I'll be happy with a top 10 finish for Depor.

Another Spaniard, stick around so I don't feel so lonely.

Think Florentino will sit this one out and let Mou do his thing (as seen by the no-name signings so far). If somehow Mou fails to win something I can see things getting fun though.

What I'm 100% certain is that Valdano (Madrid's DoF and Florentino's main stooge) and Mourinho won't last together beyond a season.

Can't wait for the season to start. Barcelona have been my favourite 'other' team all my life, and I hate Real. But Mourinho is my favourite person in football by a mile. Conflicted  :undecided:

Think Barcelona get it this year, but the year after will be very intriguing.