Manchester United v Newcastle United 16/8/2010 Live on Sky Sports 1 8PM

Guest neesy111

I think Man Utd are always a team to be not as good at the start of the season as they are at the end of it. So I expect it to be a quite close match, I don't expect them to score more than 2 goals against us.

Rooney hasn't scored since Bayern Munich away in the CL last season if I remember correctly - so I hope it will last for one other game and that he won't find his form against us.

Can't see Owen really score, I'd like to hope that our Defence (at least Enrique and Colo) should know how to stop him (and it shouldn't even be that difficult)

It'll be either 0-0 or 2-0 to them imo. 

As fans we surely have to expect to get nothing from a trip to Old Trafford. If we come away with a good performance that can give some optimism for the season ahead that will do me just fine. I'll take a gritty battling show from the lads culminating in a narrow defeat, maybe unjustly off a dodgy decision. As long as we don't get embarrassed, I wouldn't be able to deal with the suicidal rants we'll get on here if we take a hammering.

Let's see how they (and more specifically Rooney) perform in the CS today though, they might be well out of sorts.

Guest Roger Kint

Get beat 2-0 probs both second half goals in quick succession after being pummelled pretty much the whole game.

Given that Norwich, PSV and Rangers all got 2 goals against us it's difficult to imagine we'll be keeping a clean sheet at Old Trafford. Combine that with not many goals in our side and I'm afraid this one's a loss.

2 or 3 nil I guess. If Ben Arfa signs and plays we'll get a goal somehow.

Never a better time to play man united if you asked me. all their top players will have had longer breaks from international duty, they always start poorly and we wont be expected to gain anything out of this fixture. chances are we will lose but a draw isnt completely out of the question. a good performance will do me.

Man Utd 5-0 Newcastle

Typical Scholes goal - 1

Typical Rooney goal - 2

Typical Rooney 2nd goal about 3 minutes later - 3

Typical Owen goal - 4

Typical goal from the Mexican - 5

Really though I can see it being about 3-0. Im not really bothered about this game, ill be more happy that it is out of the road.

3-1 with us scoring first.  Owen coming on as a sub an scoring last goal and celebrating infront of our fans.

where then someone jumps on him to celebrate with him and breaks both of owens hamstrings

Just get Nolan to to sit on him.  He'd be out for life.

Would be delighted to come out of this with our confidence intact.

How come Man U always get a game at home first game of the season, etc?  It seems more than a little bit corrupt to me and I can't believe more questions aren't asked about the ridiculous quirks of the fixture list.  Bugs me every year.

Same with Chelsea. Also irks me how they get seemingly easy draws in the FA Cup every year (Chelsea that is).

As for this game, 2-0. You'll give a good account of yourselves, miss a good chance at 1-0 and they'll go up the other end and score.

Never a better time to play man united if you asked me. all their top players will have had longer breaks from international duty, they always start poorly and we wont be expected to gain anything out of this fixture. chances are we will lose but a draw isnt completely out of the question. a good performance will do me.

QFT.

QFT.

Yeah, the timing is good, but it still looks bleak.

It's possible to get something from Old Trafford with a good counter-attacking game, but we don't have that. Our best hope is Carroll getting something from a set piece.

I don't even think you need that. You just need your defence to perform, really. They won't be at full throttle (probably nowhere near) so if your defenders turn up, I reckon they could cope with it.