Egidio Arévalo

Optimistic Nut

I love the fact that we're actually being linked with players like Arevalo/HBA... Was expecting nothing of the sort after reading that press-release earlier in the summer... Having said that, I don't think there's much in this one, probably just random name-out-of-a-hat shenanigans from the Uruguayan press.

Guest Heneage

I love the fact that we're actually being linked with players like Arevalo/HBA... Was expecting nothing of the sort after reading that press-release earlier in the summer... Having said that, I don't think there's much in this one, probably just random name-out-of-a-hat shenanigans from the Uruguayan press.

I agree with Haris on this, but I think it's the agent.

Doubt there'll be much in this.

We've already got Barton, Guthrie, Gosling and Smith as options in CM, potentially Nolan as well (though I suspect he'll be mostly used in a more advanced role).

Would be nice if we could get him in and maybe ship out Smith though.

Doubt there'll be much in this.

We've already got Barton, Guthrie, Gosling and Smith as options in CM, potentially Nolan as well (though I suspect he'll be mostly used in a more advanced role).

Would be nice if we could get him in and maybe ship out Smith though.

In theory we haven't got a DM though, as much as Smith would like to think he is, Butt hasn't been replaced so far.

Hughton said we were watching someone in the world cup didn't he? So there is a chance it could be Arevalo.

Been linked with Mancienne on loan and reported bid on Cheick too, which make it look like we have a defensive midfielder in mind.

Call me crazy but I think I would prefer Mancienne if we could get a decent deal. Seems like a safer bet and was in good form for Wolves last season. Not really going to complain about either though.

Like a few have said, seems like this Peruvian bloke playing games.

http://www.larepublica.com.uy/deportes/420259-arevalo-y-dario-sin-contrato-y-al-margen

"Hours go by, and nothing has happened in terms of the promises made to Egidio Arevalo Rios. The strongest link was announced by Pablo Bentancur from Newcastle in England. He was in charge of the sums involved, but there was never an official statement.

They began to doubt the validity of this offer, and felt they could treat it as a "Peruvian prank", for his rivalry with Rabajda and Chijane."

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/100816/futnac-508804/futbolnacional/ramirez-se-despide-de-penarol-ante-el-real

That Bentancur bloke claims he was in England yesterday to try and seal the transfer.

If I'm reading right, does he say we've asked for 24hours to see if a potential player from Ivory Coast will be available first?

Looks like it. But this guy seems to be talking bollocks from day one...

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/100816/futnac-508804/futbolnacional/ramirez-se-despide-de-penarol-ante-el-real

That Bentancur bloke claims he was in England yesterday to try and seal the transfer.

If I'm reading right, does he say we've asked for 24hours to see if a potential player from Ivory Coast will be available first?

Tiote Cheick?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6304588,00.html

"Yesterday I travelled to England to speak with their management, and they told me they wanted 24 hours to think about it. Two weeks ago it all seemed done and dusted. Time in football goes by very quickly, we were asked to wait until after the Uruguay match, and now we are waiting. We had already made an agreement but time will tell. They are definitely keen but they also have their eyes on another player from the Ivory Coast. Fortunately, they remain interested, but they have asked for a day to think about the other player first."

That last quote has pretty much sold me on this rumour. Particularly as we were indeed linked with Tiote Cheick just the other day. Looks a lot more promising now.

Maybe this bullshitting south american can check the same sources we do to back up his bogus claims...  :undecided:

Guest Heneage

still don't buy it

:thup:

Thinking back to the proposed deal to Cagilari I don't remember nearly as many quotes coming from the agent. Which could be naivety on my part, but I'd think if he was just trying to engineer a move, he'd have not mentioned it us as consistently as he has.