Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

This is just getting too confusing now, seems as though we're actually going/getting players that we need rather than just extra players for spots we're already "strong" in. I'll need to wake up soon.

Guest Heneage

We're not Wolves. We're going to need to score goals.

Short memories.

I agree but I think we more than surpass the attacking potential Wolves had.

I think a physical, dynamic midfielder is just as important to our survival as a more attacking one.

Kudos to the board and Hughton if we get both though. Pants wetting time if we get a striker on top of that.

Can we fit a new attacking midfielder and a new striker into the team though? Think it will be one or the other to support Carroll.

We're not Wolves. We're going to need to score goals.

Short memories.

I agree but I think we more than surpass the attacking potential Wolves had.

MM got his tactics spot on throughout last season, as he did last saturday and today. Hughton is likeable but not in the same league tactically.

This is just getting too confusing now, seems as though we're actually going/getting players that we need rather than just extra players for spots we're already "strong" in. I'll need to wake up soon.

I wouldn't say we are "strong" in midfield at all.  This distinction between 'attacking' and 'defensive' midfielders just doesn't seem relevant when your other options include a striker who thinks he's a midfielder, a fatty, and a psychopath who can't stay fit. 

I wouldn't say we are "strong" in midfield at all.  This distinction between 'attacking' and 'defensive' midfielders just doesn't seem relevant when your other options include a striker who thinks he's a midfielder, a fatty, and a psychopath who can't stay fit. 

That was his point.

Newcastle are signing a defensive midfielder, that's a good thing right?

Why are people moaning about not signing and attacking minded player in this thread? Although it's a sensible point, it has no place in this thread.

Just because we have signed one, does not mean won't sign another. There's still a certain Ben Arfa whom we are in for and i'd guess a few other (who we don't know about).

I couldn't give a shit if he's a defensive midfielder. If he can run then he's a huge improvement.

the telegraph is saying its £3m

They also say he's Cameroonian

Fucking hell. 'Journalism'.

How is it official if it isn't on the club website?

It's on their website.

Deal isn't completed.

Point out where I said it was.

You didn't but I believe Gorilla thinks it is.

the telegraph is saying its £3m

They also say he's Cameroonian

And has a huge dick.

Got a fucking massive forehead, about 100 times bigger than Stevie Gerrards.

He looks o so familiar..... Can't put a name to it though.