Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Fairly sure that plenty spotted him, but Chris was one who has scouted him in the past and probably recommended him this time around. Llambias will have been responsible for sanctioning the signing and actually getting him in.

Keegan spotted him and sent Hughton out to have a look at him.

Fairly sure that plenty spotted him, but Chris was one who has scouted him in the past and probably recommended him this time around. Llambias will have been responsible for sanctioning the signing and actually getting him in.

Keegan spotted him and sent Hughton out to have a look at him.

Really? Can't see it myself, thats what the scouts are for unless Keegan had time in his busy schedule to sit down and follow Tiote (but there is no indication that he ever saw Tiote live, if ever). But whatever, lets say he did send Chris because he had spotted him and wanted a second opinion, shame he never bothered to persue his interest.

Might have kept us up. O0

EDIT - Looking back at an article you linked to, Hughton says “Getting players like Cheick in, it’s all about a network of scouts. I had seen him myself and when that is the case it sometimes stays in your mind. He was one we’d looked at over a longer period. I saw him a couple of years ago but Newcastle’s scouts knew him even before then, when he was in Belgium."

Really? Can't see it myself, thats what the scouts are for unless Keegan had time in his busy schedule to sit down and follow Tiote (but there is no indication that he ever saw Tiote live, if ever). But whatever, lets say he did send Chris because he had spotted him and wanted a second opinion, shame he never bothered to persue his interest.

EDIT - Looking back at an article you linked to, Hughton says Getting players like Cheick in, its all about a network of scouts. I had seen him myself and when that is the case it sometimes stays in your mind. He was one wed looked at over a longer period. I saw him a couple of years ago but Newcastles scouts knew him even before then, when he was in Belgium."

4th last paragraph.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/30/cheik-tiote-newcastle-united

EDIT - Looking back at an article you linked to, Hughton says “Getting players like Cheick in, it’s all about a network of scouts. I had seen him myself and when that is the case it sometimes stays in your mind. He was one we’d looked at over a longer period. I saw him a couple of years ago but Newcastle’s scouts knew him even before then, when he was in Belgium."

4th last paragraph.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/30/cheik-tiote-newcastle-united

...says nothing to indicate Keegan had spotted the bloke.

There is no evidence of Keegan really having anything to do with this signing other than "Hey Chris go to the Netherlands and do some scouting at these matches."

If there were more evidence I would have no problem giving credit where it's due but to suggest that Keegan is the reason Tiote is at this club is ridiculous.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think KK probably asked his scouting network to look for an athletic anchor man type midfielder which Tiote happened to be one of a number the likes of Hughton looked at rather than him being the one KK identified as the one.

I love Keegan and I'm loving Hughton more all the time but I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck who spotted Tiote. It could be Dennis fucking Wise for all I care.

Anyone who gives a shite about stuff like this has some major issues IMO. He's here and he's great, just enjoy it ffs.

I love Keegan and I'm loving Hughton more all the time but I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck who spotted Tiote. It could be Dennis fucking Wise for all I care.

Anyone who gives a shite about stuff like this has some major issues IMO. He's here and he's great, just enjoy it ffs.

Load of toss.

It's nice to find the story on who spots these players, especially ones who go on to be top class. That's why there was so much love and respect for the likes of Jack Hixon.

Not only that, but it's impossible to know anyway.

I love Keegan and I'm loving Hughton more all the time but I honestly couldn't give a flying f*** who spotted Tiote. It could be Dennis f***ing Wise for all I care.

Anyone who gives a s**** about stuff like this has some major issues IMO. He's here and he's great, just enjoy it ffs.

Somebody asked a question and I remembered an article posted on here so replied, even though it was a slightly misleading answer.

You seem to have a problem with it, tough shit really as I don't think anybody was trying to make too much out of it.  If you can't deal with it then I think you have major issues.

Seems more of an Allardyce type signing than a Keegan one.

Although if it was during the Keegan era we all know it was Wise, Llambias, Jimenez & Vetere, not KK.[/shitstirring]