Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

who has said keegan is the reason that tiote is at the club? don't think anyone is saying he is the reason. obviously he's had some input into how we've scouted him in the past but he's not the one who went out and signed him - hughton is.

Our scouts had an eye on him from an early stage, Keegan had an eye on him later on, Hughton looked at him in person at a Roda match, and a couple of years later we got him in.

sounds to me like the club did its job well and tracked a player of interest until they were sure he was at the right stage of his career to help us get to where we want to be. there's numerous people at the club contributed to that but Hughton has to take the credit for making the move.

i think one or two are getting the hump simply because they dont want any sort of credit, however tenuous, to be reflected back onto Keegan. the exact same thing happened with Bassong who keegan identified, a couple of people couldnt accept that. that's their problem.

I remember the article. Hughton said he first saw Tiote when Keegan asked him to take a look.

No indication that Keegan found or spotted him, just that he had at least heard of him and needed someone to have a look. Keegan is the Messiah but he isn't omniprescent. Hughton went out, had a look and reported that he wasn't ready but one to monitor for the future.

who has said keegan is the reason that tiote is at the club?

Nobody has. The question was a very simple one, 'who spotted him?'.

Some people replied Keegan. Others thought there might be no evidence of this, and that Hughton himself gave credit to the Newcastle scouts and the system in place.

i think one or two are getting the hump simply because they dont want any sort of credit, however tenuous, to be reflected back onto Keegan. the exact same thing happened with Bassong who keegan identified, a couple of people couldnt accept that. that's their problem.

No humps. Just prefer to give credit where credit's due.

who has said keegan is the reason that tiote is at the club?

Nobody has. The question was a very simple one, 'who spotted him?'.

Some people replied Keegan. Others stated there was no evidence of this, and that Hughton himself gave credit to the Newcastle scouts and the system in place.

No humps.

No lovely lady lumps. :(

Nar I also think you're getting on like spastics for arguing over who found him.

Again, I don't really see an argument about it, as for "I also think you're getting on like spastics."  I hope that's a whoosh.

Guest Tall Striker

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/21/1227301873331/Lee-Cattermole-002.jpg

:tiote:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/P7e7fgsfKeo/0.jpg

By the way, when I saw these two posts in a row...

What a shit debate.

I burst out laughing at the thought that the next post would be Dave saying "What a wonderful debate."

Alas, it was not to be. :(

By the way, when I saw these two posts in a row...

What a shit debate.

I burst out laughing at the thought that the next post would be Dave saying "What a wonderful debate."

Alas, it was not to be. :(

I just post the Tiote face to express a feeling that can't be put into words. It's hard to explain, the face just does the job.

Guest Stephen927

New forum rule right there, "if anyone posts a Tiote-face after one of your posts you have to change your mind in the most extreme manner possible in the following post".

:snod:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but does anyone think some leadership is shining through also? Throughout the match on Sunday I kept seeing him pointing, guiding, organising. The man can do everything :aww: