Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I think Tiote's a brilliant footballing DM, but it's natural for us to exaggerate his abilities given: A, his importance to the team currently and B, the fact we've had nothing like him for years - when it's been achingly obvious we needed such a player. Fantastic though he is, i don't think we're in any danger of losing him to one of the top sides. Which is great, cos i'd happily build the team around him and Carroll.

it's natural for us to exaggerate his abilities given

Every neutral/not so neutral from SAFC fans to Paul Merson has nothing but praise for him

So? If it took 10 games to become a top-side player, we'd have lost Kevin Nolan and Shola Ameobi by now.

Noone is disputing his talent, let's just not exagerate things too far, or people will be on his back as soon as he puts in a half-decent performance.

Guest Chris P

Good enough to be a squad player, nobody is disputing that.

Aye, if there was anyone in the squad like him.

Maybe the idea was that him and ben arfa would be inter changeable

Every neutral/not so neutral from SAFC fans to Paul Merson has nothing but praise for him

So? If it took 10 games to become a top-side player, we'd have lost Kevin Nolan and Shola Ameobi by now.

Noone is disputing his talent, let's just not exagerate things too far, or people will be on his back as soon as he puts in a half-decent performance.

Kid Icarus has already written him off.

What are you on about. I am saying I have read praise for him on SMB, my mates who support Sunderland speak highly of him. I listened to Merson praise him to death. The co-commentator  on Everton V NUFC game praised him. Keys & Redknapp went on about him, basically anyone in the media who sees him play rates him.

I am not sure why your on about Shola or Nolan as I have not mentioned them but great effort trying to take me down that cul-de-sac though.

Good enough to be a squad player, nobody is disputing that.

Aye, if there was anyone in the squad like him.

Maybe the idea was that him and ben arfa would be inter changeable

What in the name of god are you on about? :lol:

What are you on about. I am saying I have read praise for him on SMB, my mates who support Sunderland speak highly of him. I listened to Merson praise him to death. The co-commentator  on Everton V NUFC game praised him. Keys & Redknapp went on about him, basically anyone in the media who sees him play rates him.

I am not sure why your on about Shola or Nolan as I have not mentioned them but great effort trying to take me down that cul-de-sac though.

Looking through other clubs forums, he is the one player that they are always impressed by.

Guest Geordiesned

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/f4121846.jpg

:tiote:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/00bad68e.jpg

Tiote owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.