Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If the rumours are true that he's on a 50K/week now and Pards named him pretty much the most important player of the team...that 50K must be Ashley's wage ceiling. No wonder if Barton is stalling with the contract if he's being offered half of the wages his getting at the moment!

If the rumours are true that he's on a 50K/week now and Pards named him pretty much the most important player of the team...that 50K must be Ashley's wage ceiling. No wonder if Barton is stalling with the contract if he's being offered half of the wages his getting at the moment!

I don't think it's the wages his stalling at. It's the length of the contract. That's what I've read...

I don't think it's the wages his stalling at. It's the length of the contract. That's what I've read...

Like there's such a big difference is it 2 or 3 years?

Colo's, Tiote and Harper TBH

Coloccini played a perfectly good ball to Tiote who would normally come out with the ball, it was Tiote's fault that they scored.  Harper should have done better, for some reason he struggles with that type of low shot.

Coloccini played the ball to Tiote when he was surrounded by about three players.  The pass itself wasn't bad but the idea was terrible.  Tiote obviously has to take some blame but Colo is not blameless.

Coloccini gets very little blame as he made a perfectly good pass to Tiote who then tried to get the ball to Enrique but it got nowhere near him and went straight to Elmander.

Coloccini played the ball to Tiote when he was surrounded by about three players.  The pass itself wasn't bad but the idea was terrible.  Tiote obviously has to take some blame but Colo is not blameless.

Coloccini gets very little blame as he made a perfectly good pass to Tiote who then tried to get the ball to Enrique but it got nowhere near him and went straight to Elmander.

The pass was stupid because it put Tiote under immense pressure.  Like it or not, it was not a very good idea.

The pass was stupid because it put Tiote under immense pressure.  Like it or not, it was not a very good idea.

Exactly!

Tiote wasn't under immense pressure when Coloccini played the ball to him, he had one Bolton player behind him and one in front of him who was on the ground.  Nolan was to the left of Tiote and in a bit of space, Enrique was to his right.  The problem was that Tiote played the ball to Elmander and not Enrique, that had nothing to do with Coloccini who had no other ball to play, other than to Tiote or hoof it out of play when it looked like we could play the ball out.

Tiote wasn't under immense pressure when Coloccini played the ball to him, he had one Bolton player behind him and one in front of him who was on the ground.  Nolan was to the left of Tiote and in a bit of space, Enrique was to his right.  The problem was that Tiote played the ball to Elmander and not Enrique, that had nothing to do with Coloccini who had no other ball to play, other than to Tiote or hoof it out of play when it looked like we could play the ball out.

Nolan has a player coming up behind him and would've been under the same pressure.

Coloccini had the ball facing away from his own goal and the onus was on him to deal with it or boot it into touch.  To give it to Tiote, under pressure, with his back to goal was stupid.  It didn't look like we could play it out at all to me, Bolton had about five men with a ten metre square, if that's when we should look to play short balls out of defence then I think we need to sign a couple of players from Barcelona.

Nolan has a player coming up behind him and would've been under the same pressure.

Coloccini had the ball facing away from his own goal and the onus was on him to deal with it or boot it into touch.  To give it to Tiote, under pressure, with his back to goal was stupid.  It didn't look like we could play it out at all to me, Bolton had about five men with a ten metre square, if that's when we should look to play short balls out of defence then I think we need to sign a couple of players from Barcelona.

I don't see anything wrong with playing the ball to Tiote at all and see nothing else open to Coloccini because he had Sturridge closing in on him which stopped him from playing it to Nolan who was in space.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2286/boltongoal2.jpg

It would appear..

Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people.

..equates to 'Tiote snubs a move to Chelsea', can't see any other quote or reference to the headline.

good enough for me

take that chelsea scum!

Exactly.

Still risky business from Colo. He saw that a player was closing Tiote down. And Williamson was injured. In such situations, it's much better to get the ball away, so we can reestablish the defense. But anyways, the shot should have been saved by Harper. It was a huge mistake by him.

Still risky business from Colo. He saw that a player was closing Tiote down. And Williamson was injured. In such situations, it's much better to get the ball away, so we can reestablish the defense. But anyways, the shot should have been saved by Harper. It was a huge mistake by him.

I like Harper but his big weakness is the kind of shot that they scored from yesterday.  I wouldn't change any of the three outfield players who could have prevented the goal as they all have more positives than negatives.  We should have been well ahead of Bolton before they equalised anyway.