Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Can we have some sort of amnesty on meaningless foreign press links? And maybe UK ones as well?

Just start a "player X is definitely leaving in the summer" thread and put them all in there.

FFS, he's just signed a 6.5 year contract, must at least mean we can stop talking about him leaving for a few days.

Agreed! That really reflect  the negativity that some is harboring. Instead of focusing on the joy of having extended the contract of what in imo is  the buy of the season, they end up talking about him leaving us. What good will that lead to? Stop being so f***ing depressing and enjoy the moment.

But but enjoying the moment does not allow us to criticize fat Mike!

Can we have some sort of amnesty on meaningless foreign press links? And maybe UK ones as well?

Just start a "player X is definitely leaving in the summer" thread and put them all in there.

FFS, he's just signed a 6.5 year contract, must at least mean we can stop talking about him leaving for a few days.

Agreed! That really reflect  the negativity that some is harboring. Instead of focusing on the joy of having extended the contract of what in imo is  the buy of the season, they end up talking about him leaving us. What good will that lead to? Stop being so fucking depressing and enjoy the moment.

this sort of reminds me of the faith vs evidence argument over gods existence

Amazing that he wasn't even a starter at Twente. Has anyone seen them play much?

McClaren said something along the lines of he was their most important player when winning the league and the only player in the squad good enough to make it in the prem.

He was used as a sub to protect the backline once they'd attacked and got some goals. It also sort of explains the amount of cards he picks up here, he's not used to holding back for a full 90mins.

Insane how good he's become, still baffled by how great a signing it was.

And the fact that we paid almost nothing for him makes the satisfaction of seeing him play so much better. If we bought him for £15-20 mill, one expects that he perform every match. I'm stunned how good he's actually. His passing ability is just utterly unique for his position which makes him our most valuable player. More important to keep him than Carroll.

I was sat front row on Saturday right next to where Tiote put the cross in for Nolan to score. He turned to the crowd after the celebration and nodded to the crowd in that "I'm flipping awesome" kind of way. I found myself nodding back, wholeheartedly agreeing with him!  :clap:

Is this you?

http://calitreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Guest BooBoo

So he gets the ball, and the braindead scream "shooooooot!".

These people deserve to be dragged into the strret and shot. Utter cretins.

Guest BooBoo

It's a joke, you massive stick-in-the-mud!

No it's wretched people being appalling.

Has anyone worked out how many points he has cost us this season?

3 today.

2 last week.

3 v Blackburn (h)

He's not a bright lad for sure.

Agree with Bolton & Blackburn but not today - he wasn't great today but he wasn't at fault for the loss.

It's a joke, you massive stick-in-the-mud!

No it's wretched people being appalling.

No, it's appalling cretins like you, who boo our own players, who should be dragged into the street and shot.