Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It's massive for the lads and for the fans to see Cheick sign his new deal - it's a good sign that the club want to keep going in the right direction.

Everyone's heard the rumours about him maybe getting picked up, but it's nice that the club want to keep their best players and make a big statement like that.

Cheick's been top class - probably one of the buys of the season - and that's not just his football, because he's a top lad off the pitch too.

This is what I like with our current transfer policy. It's not enough that you're good on the pitch, you have to be a nice guy too. Where does that leave Owen? He was shit on both areas :lol:  We had to have Souness at the helmet to spot such incompetence.

:dowie:

Owen was a Freddie Shepherd signing through and through.

It's massive for the lads and for the fans to see Cheick sign his new deal - it's a good sign that the club want to keep going in the right direction.

Everyone's heard the rumours about him maybe getting picked up, but it's nice that the club want to keep their best players and make a big statement like that.

Cheick's been top class - probably one of the buys of the season - and that's not just his football, because he's a top lad off the pitch too.

This is what I like with our current transfer policy. It's not enough that you're good on the pitch, you have to be a nice guy too. Where does that leave Owen? He was shit on both areas :lol:  We had to have Souness at the helmet to spot such incompetence.

Owen was a Freddie Shepherd signing through and through.

Agreed.

The thought of losing Carroll AND Tiote on deadline day...now that would of been a growler.

Have always wanted a physical, brutish DM in our team, lets hope we can hold on to him.

I may have read to quickly but he only compares the two, doesnt mention turning down the chance to move there just says Newcastle is great.

I was sat front row on Saturday right next to where Tiote put the cross in for Nolan to score. He turned to the crowd after the celebration and nodded to the crowd in that "I'm flipping awesome" kind of way. I found myself nodding back, wholeheartedly agreeing with him!  :clap:

:lol:

This is what I like with our current transfer policy. It's not enough that you're good on the pitch, you have to be a nice guy too. Where does that leave Owen? He was s*** on both areas :lol:  We had to have Souness at the helmet to spot such incompetence.

Souness claims that both him and Luque were  Freddy Shepherd signings.

Exactly, "Souness claims" .. Souness isn't what we call a credible source :)  I saw pictures of Owen together with Souness before he signed. If he wasn't interested in signing Owen, why the heck did Souness bother chatting with him..

Good point i think it might have been a case of him wanting to sign others ( Anelka and Boa Morte ) because maybe he wasnt aware that they would be available to us, and when he realised  he forgot about his original targets and now because they turned out not to be the best signings he blaimes Shepherd when realy he was just as happy ot have them as Shepherd. Though in fairness to him Boa Morte and Anelka would have been much better then them two. So if he got his way we might have been in a much bettter position than when he left us.

Exactly, "Souness claims" .. Souness isn't what we call a credible source :)  I saw pictures of Owen together with Souness before he signed. If he wasn't interested in signing Owen, why the heck did Souness bother chatting with him..

:kinnear:

:dowiespin:

:facepalm:

:fishing: <-- massive effort though

Souness clearly wanted Owen, but i think Shepherd went all out to get him, at the expense of other striking targets like Anelka, simply because it was Owen.

Yeah, simply because it was Owen. Disregarding totally that the man is a dick, that he would suck the coffin completely dry and that he's no better than the weakest link.

Guest optimistic nit

Souness clearly wanted Owen, but i think Shepherd went all out to get him, at the expense of other striking targets like Anelka, simply because it was Owen.

Yeah, simply because it was Owen. Disregarding totally that the man is a dick, that he would suck the coffin completely dry and that he's no better than the weakest link.

at the time owen was regarded as a saint and anelka was regarded as a twat iirc,

Huh? ???

Huh? ???

coffers.

I think.

Huh? ???

coffers.

I think.

Spot on :)

Can we have some sort of amnesty on meaningless foreign press links? And maybe UK ones as well?

Just start a "player X is definitely leaving in the summer" thread and put them all in there.

FFS, he's just signed a 6.5 year contract, must at least mean we can stop talking about him leaving for a few days.

Can we have some sort of amnesty on meaningless foreign press links? And maybe UK ones as well?

Just start a "player X is definitely leaving in the summer" thread and put them all in there.

FFS, he's just signed a 6.5 year contract, must at least mean we can stop talking about him leaving for a few days.

Agreed! That really reflect  the negativity that some is harboring. Instead of focusing on the joy of having extended the contract of what in imo is  the buy of the season, they end up talking about him leaving us. What good will that lead to? Stop being so fucking depressing and enjoy the moment.