Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

According to the Mirror Liverpool sent scouts to watch him today.

Wouldn't surprise me if their cheif/only scout had a season ticket in the Gallowgate.

IN the car on the way home John Anderson said Man Utd had 2 people at the game. One who does match reports due to them playing us soon and also Alex Fergusons Brother who runs the rule over possible signings.

Abs insane how assured I feel with him bossing the centre of our midfield. There were times when he just outmuscled about everyone and kept possesion and moved the ball on.

Was great to see him back in the middle, such a presence. However, his touch at times was fucking terrible. Will put this down to being out for a few weeks of course, but it nearly costs us once or twice.

Tbh sometimes he's just got a terrible touch,he was doing it about twice a game at the start of the season (albeit not fully fit after the visa issues). It's been a consistent part of his game this season.

Guest Heneage

Another baseless article from Ryder regarding Man Utd now wanting to sign Tiote. Contains quotes from 'an Old Trafford source' but doesn't mention Tiote once. He really is a cock.

Eats breeves and sleeps football man.

its obvious man utd are interested in tiote, and so are many other clubs, these journos are just telling us what we already know,

the only question is how much are these clubs willing to pay and what price ashley is willing to accept.

i look at man utd and they got enough midfelders,  chelsea also have enough midfielders in that role, but that wont stop either of those clubs from being interested ofcourse if the price is right.  arsenal i cant see wenger willing to pay over the odds for tiote,  it is january and you pay a premium especially in the prem.  man city, i cant see them signing tiote they also have enough cover there. 

that leaves us with liverpool, with lucas injured they really need a tiote , as Spearing is just a rookie.  are they willing to pay over the odds again like last time on Carroll lol?  it all remains to be seen.  i think we will definately recieve an initial cheeky bid from the bin dippers thats for sure, lets see how far they will go this time.

He needs to cost at least as much as Carroll really.

Doubt they'll want as much for him me, nor would they get it.  Strikers cost more, English costs more.  £20m-25m will do it imo.

i doubt it,  tiote is proven in the prem, carroll only had half a season and we still manage to get £35 mill plus he put in a transfer request lets not forget that,  we are definately looking at numbers north of £30m for tiote.

£35 mill atleast.

If £20m comes in they'll sell. The target is to make at least 300% profit per player.

Have you got a direct line to Derek?

The target is to make a 300% profit within 36 months of the player signing for the club. £20m presents a 478% profit - they may wish to maximise that figure by waiting until the summer. Tough one to call - but the 300% 'rule' is in place.