Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I'm just happy to see something different, even if it's enforced.

This, aye. We constantly come up with complaints and argue what we would have done/what he should have done (ie most of us wanted to got 4-4-2 after the 4-5-1 didn't work, and that didn't work either) but he just looks completely void of ideas. We're losing nothing by not switching things up.

I used to defend Anita as I wanted to see him play but he's fucking terrible man, I honestly don't think he's any better than Colback. It baffles me when people say he's had a good season, our midfield has been preposterous.

Anita is definitely better than colback

FWIW Tron I'm not being a nob and saying you're exaggerating your own view btw, you've clearlly stated that's what you wanted, but I don't think you can act as if it was obvious choice, he's been terrible for a while.

And yet he is/was always the obvious choice as he is the only DM in our ranks who has shown in the past an ability to play that position effectively.

and the only other choice was Abeid if we actually looked at the qualities a defensive midfielder requires in the premier, but clearly 200k from a Greek side was more important.

FWIW Tron I'm not being a nob and saying you're exaggerating your own view btw, you've clearlly stated that's what you wanted, but I don't think you can act as if it was obvious choice, he's been terrible for a while.

And yet he is/was always the obvious choice as he is the only DM in our ranks who has shown in the past an ability to play that position effectively.

and the only other choice was Abeid if we actually looked at the qualities a defensive midfielder requires in the premier, but clearly 200k from a Greek side was more important.

Inadequacies of carver and stone more like!

It definitely would allow us to break up the Colb/anita axis of death. Which would be awesome.  What happens if/when  Aarons comes back though? be good to have some genuine pace in wide areas

This is what I'd like to happen, it won't though.

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Mbabu

Tiote

Aarons Sissoko Gini Thauvin

Mitro

It definitely would allow us to break up the Colb/anita axis of death. Which would be awesome.  What happens if/when  Aarons comes back though? be good to have some genuine pace in wide areas

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

You want us to be relegated?

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

Absolutely nothing wrong with that XI tbh.

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

2 players started less than 5 premier league games between them. Tiote picked behind a no defending midfield based on one half decent game, a striker who can't score, a winger who hasn't done anything since he signed, a defender that can just attack and a past it centre back. That's just the start.

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

2 players started less than 5 premier league games between them. Tiote picked behind a no defending midfield based on one half decent game, a striker who can't score, a winger who hasn't done anything since he signed, a defender that can just attack and a past it centre back. That's just the start.

It's the best we could currently name imo.

How would you set us up?

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

How would you set us up?

Elliot

Janmaat colo mbemba dummett

Tiote

Colback

Sissoko        de Jong      wini

Perez

Would have Anita for tiote krul for Elliot haidara for dummett and cisse for Perez with Perez on left and wink in middle if all fit

Anita and Colback in the middle, what could go wrong?

Moral of the story is we need signings

Elliot

Tiote

Mitro

How would you set us up?

Elliot

Janmaat colo mbemba dummett

Tiote

Colback

Sissoko        de Jong      wini

Perez

Having Sissoko and Gini in a midfield 3 ahead is better than playing the anonymous Colback and De Jong in front

Would have Anita for tiote krul for Elliot haidara for dummett and cisse for Perez with Perez on left and wink in middle if all fit

Anita and Colback in the middle, what could go wrong?

Moral of the story is we need signings

True BUT trying something else has to be preferred to Anita and Colback as that is clearly a failure, which is why the team Halcyondaze suggested is not that ridiculous really

Elliott

Janmaat  Mbemba  Coloccini  Mbabu

Tiote

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Perez                            Thauvin

Mitrovic