Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It's good to see that he's played well, he was a good player until Pardew tried to turn him into something he wasn't.

This. Pardew basically made him a worse player as he did with so many others. Huge concerns remain with Tiote, mainly how to keep him fit and how to reign him in to only do the basics of defending and giving the ball to a team mate in space asap if he wins it.

Great to see a proper midfielder in the centre again.

Begs the question why he's only being introduced when one of Anita or Colback is unavailable when neither should be playing whenever Cheick is fit to play.

Probably because he's been god awful every time he's played for about 4 years.

Like I said, even a god awful Tiote provides more midfield dominance than the midget twins.

He hasn't did that though until tonight :lol:

His other appearances this season have been arguably worse than them both.

Great to see a proper midfielder in the centre again.

Begs the question why he's only being introduced when one of Anita or Colback is unavailable when neither should be playing whenever Cheick is fit to play.

Probably because he's been god awful every time he's played for about 4 years.

Like I said, even a god awful Tiote provides more midfield dominance than the midget twins.

He hasn't did that though until tonight :lol:

His other appearances this season have been arguably worse than them both.

Just as well he wasn't available for so many games then because those two have really formed a cracking partnership.

What are you talking about man, Tiote has been absolutely shite for ages. You cannot lord over people because he hasn't been played like, you had absolutely no idea that he would play well today so stop acting like it was an obvious decision, he's had about 3 good games in as many years.

Granted he was like Tiote of old today, if he keeps it up it's a no brainer. If he doesn't then meh.

What are you talking about man, Tiote has been absolutely shite for ages. You cannot lord over people because he hasn't been played like, you had absolutely no idea that he would play well today so stop acting like it was an obvious decision, he's had about 3 good games in as many years.

Granted he was like Tiote of old today, if he keeps it up it's a no brainer. If he doesn't then meh.

Try reading the last three pages before deciding that I am being wise after the event.

But he literally hasn't done that for about 3 year. This is the only game I can remember in donkeys where I thought he looks like a premiership midfielder. If you want to jump the gun because he had a good game though then fair enough. I hope he keeps it up as like you say it allows us to actually play actual footballers in the centre along side him.

It definitely would allow us to break up the Colb/anita axis of death. Which would be awesome.  What happens if/when  Aarons comes back though? be good to have some genuine pace in wide areas

Aarons will be on the bench at best tbh.

It definitely would allow us to break up the Colb/anita axis of death. Which would be awesome.  What happens if/when  Aarons comes back though? be good to have some genuine pace in wide areas

It's ridiculous like, it's 2 players to fulfil one role. Tiote doesn't even need to be good, just make himself seen in midfield and give it to someone else.

Aarons will be on the bench at best tbh.

yeah most likely, he looked real good in pre season, fuck knows why he wasn't picked before the injury

Neither was Perez, I'm sensing a pattern.

Honestly I didn't even know this Tiote still existed :lol:

Colback's 2 match ban is imminent and Anita is out for another few weeks. :pow:

He's got no option but to try Tiote, Wijnaldum and Sissoko as a central 3 and mix and match the other 3 places.

He's got no option but to try Tiote, Wijnaldum and Sissoko as a central 3 and mix and match the other 3 places.

http://i.imgur.com/rPJKZ7w.jpg

Lol, beat me to it

Nah, he can't. Surely he won't?

Surely?...

FWIW Tron I'm not being a nob and saying you're exaggerating your own view btw, you've clearlly stated that's what you wanted, but I don't think you can act as if it was obvious choice, he's been terrible for a while.

And yet he is/was always the obvious choice as he is the only DM in our ranks who has shown in the past an ability to play that position effectively.

He's only the obvious choice because he's just had a good game though, you could make a case for playing literally anyone in midfield ahead of Colback and Anita because they're fucking awful.

If he has a shit game today, which was highly possible, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.