Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He'll be off next summer either way tbh, if the top clubs aren't sure now they'll be happy to wait and see if he picks up as many suspensions this year and if he can perform as impressively in his second season. And if he does, the fee will be higher which suits Ashley down to the ground.

I'll enjoy him this season if he's still here, but there's no point looking beyond that IMO. Depressing, but f*** it.

This. If he does well this year we're looking at £20m, and Ashley will be all over that like a rash.

Guest ykmkmdd

It's an irony that we don't want him constantly missing matches though suspension, but if he keeps doing it that's the one big thing might put the CL clubs off buying him....

I would be more scared if this story picks up pace.

Manchester United have so many leaks their end..  De Gea, Young, Sneijder and Nasri stories have all been in the rags significantly before any bids have started to come in.  If this happens with Tiote can see him wanting to go and not being stopped by anyone at the top.

I think he will stay a loooong time.

http://troll.me/images/y-u-no/u-so-negative-y-u-no-kill-yourself-thumb.jpg

:lol:

Yup, will be captain after Colo goes going by his recent interview. :thup:

Will be Saylor.

Guess this is now the depressing reality for non-Champions League teams. If anyone of your players proves himself to be outstanding, one of the top four will take him off you. I'm afraid no team will be able to challenge these clubs unless you spend hundreds of millions. It's pretty much a closed-shop now, esp with the financial fair play rules coming in (which will basically entrench their advantage). It sucks balls that UEFA ruined the UEFA Cup of old. It was something worthwhile for clubs like our own to aspire to. Now we just have the embarrassing, second rate, shambolic Europa League. For those that aren't in it, the Champions League has spoilt football massively.

He'll be off next summer either way tbh, if the top clubs aren't sure now they'll be happy to wait and see if he picks up as many suspensions this year and if he can perform as impressively in his second season. And if he does, the fee will be higher which suits Ashley down to the ground.

I'll enjoy him this season if he's still here, but there's no point looking beyond that IMO. Depressing, but fuck it.

Don't worry, I'm confident Graham Carr will not find it difficult to replace him. We both doubted him but he's replaced Carroll and Enrique easily enough hasn't he?

I'll enjoy him this season if he's still here, but there's no point looking beyond that IMO. Depressing, but f*** it.

Don't worry, I'm confident Graham Carr will not find it difficult to replace him. We both doubted him but he's replaced Carroll and Enrique easily enough hasn't he?

He probably has. it's the Fat Man with the money that's the problem

What would convince you that Carroll had been replaced?

He's too much of a liability for Manu to take him seriously. He'd revert back to the role he played under McClaren, coming off the bench to see games out, would he be happy with that?

This season he needs to show he's not going to pick up nearly 15 yellows in a season, calm down and still be effective, then the big teams will really want a piece of Tiote, and for a lot more than £14m.

He's got 5 years left on his contract, were under no pressure to sell.

He's too much of a liability for Manu to take him seriously. He'd revert back to the role he played under McClaren, coming off the bench to see games out, would he be happy with that?

This season he needs to show he's not going to pick up nearly 15 yellows in a season, calm down and still be effective, then the big teams will really want a piece of Tiote, and for a lot more than £14m.

:thup:

Guest johnson293

6 years left - he signed a new 6.5yr contract in Feb 2011.