Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

His shooting last season was appalling to be honest. The goal against Arsenal was on his weaker foot - one in a million.

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete f***ing moron would want to mess with it.

Don't agree with that, not saying he used to fire in 2-3 quality long range efforts a game (nor do I want him too, he's a DM for fuck sake).  But when he used to actually have a go, they usually seemed fairly accurate and powerful.

Can't see where Christams Tree is coming from mind, not that I'm surprised though, I don't think I ever have  :lol:

:lol: Thats where Im coming from along with his pre season interview where he said he wanted to show more of what he could do in attack.

Guest Haris Vuckic

His shooting last season was appalling to be honest. The goal against Arsenal was on his weaker foot - one in a million.

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete f***ing moron would want to mess with it.

Don't agree with that, not saying he used to fire in 2-3 quality long range efforts a game (nor do I want him too, he's a DM for f*** sake).  But when he used to actually have a go, they usually seemed fairly accurate and powerful.

Can't see where Christams Tree is coming from mind, not that I'm surprised though, I don't think I ever have  :lol:

I can't remember him ever been firing in accurate and powerful shots like - just from personal experience they've either been very wide or he's scuffed them.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Tiote himself said he wanted to be more involved in attack and improve his attacking game this season you dullard.  :rolleyes:

So what? :lol:

I could quite fancy turning up and playing like Messi at Sunday like but I'll be found wanting.

You're such a doyle, swallowing the Chronicle rheotoric without a second thought. You just regurgitate other peoples bile and can't have followed football properly for very long or you wouldn't get so precious.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hit a decent effort against Spurs didn't he?

Aye, as well as a corker against Wolves too.

Aye I'm referring to last season as it says in my post, twice. :thup:

It was a decent effort against Spurs but it was down the centre and it went over, mostly those shots just result in dramatic saves.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It was a decent strike when he had a lot of space. His shooting is OK. Basically what you'd expect from any PL footballer.

I'm not laying in to him - it is ok - obviously - he reminds me of Parker in that regard - a defensive player all round but if you're going to let him shoot prepare for the odd stunner* but also prepare for the ball constantly sailing over or wide - or - let him stick to what he's good at.

*as Tiote said himself, he'd get him one a season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Anyone else a bit disappointed that we haven't seen more of Tiotes attacking side?

Given he has shown glimpses of good attacking play at times before this season and as we arsenal know, he has a canny shot on him, I thought we might have seen a bit more of that against the lesser teams this year.

Thought he and Cabaye would have the option to interchange more in attack. Saying that I'm even a tad disappointed that so far, Cabayes threat seems to have gone backwards a bit.

That game (villa ???) where he was shooting like a man posessed from the edge of the box.

Would love to see more of that from them both tbf.

His shooting in general is fucking wank :lol:

Hit a decent effort against Spurs didn't he?

Aye, as well as a corker against Wolves too.

Aye I'm referring to last season as it says in my post, twice. :thup:

It was a decent effort against Spurs but it was down the centre and it went over, mostly those shots just result in dramatic saves.

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete fucking moron would want to mess with it.

:thup:

Tiote's not and never will be an attacking player. He's a destroyer, simple as that.

I don't think CT means he wants him to "attack" more. But rather his effort when he finds himself in an attacking position/situation. Keep in mind that Tiote can drive with the ball, has a powerful shot, and can chip in with a cross or two. I'm in agreement that he's a destroyer first and foremost, but sometimes players find themselves in a scenario where they are able to create or score a goal, and Tiote should make more of an effort to showcase his attacking ability. I don't think anyone's saying he should have a go up front or maraude up and down the wings. He's still a midfield player who should be able to execute efficiently anywhere on the pitch he may find himself.

Cheick knows his limitations. I'd rather he didn't shoot if he didn't think he could score.

Who the f*** shoots when they don't think they will score? If you're talking about actual ability, I don't think it's too much to ask PL standard footballers who get paid millions to have a pop at goal every now and then. If you mean he won't have the confidence to shoot, that's another story, and a problem, that needs working on. We need goals from as many players as possible for obvious reasons, so I don't see why the f*** not try?

Tiote's not and never will be an attacking player. He's a destroyer, simple as that.

I don't think CT means he wants him to "attack" more. But rather his effort when he finds himself in an attacking position/situation. Keep in mind that Tiote can drive with the ball, has a powerful shot, and can chip in with a cross or two. I'm in agreement that he's a destroyer first and foremost, but sometimes players find themselves in a scenario where they are able to create or score a goal, and Tiote should make more of an effort to showcase his attacking ability. I don't think anyone's saying he should have a go up front or maraude up and down the wings. He's still a midfield player who should be able to execute efficiently anywhere on the pitch he may find himself.

Yup  :snod:

Cheick knows his limitations. I'd rather he didn't shoot if he didn't think he could score.

Who the f*** shoots when they don't think they will score?

It happens in every game, man.

What happens in every game is players having a go and hitting it wide, at the keeper, get it all wrong, or score. When they decide to shoot it's because they think they are in a good enough position to try!! That's pretty obvious isn't it? I don't see anyone taking a shot with they arse to the goal, just behind the half way line, thinking "I bet it doesn't go in"!

Who the f*** shoots when they don't think they will score?

It happens in every game, man.

What happens in every game is players having a go and hitting it wide, at the keeper, get it all wrong, or score. When they decide to shoot it's because they think they are in a good enough position to try!! That's pretty obvious isn't it? I don't see anyone taking a shot with they arse to the goal, just behind the half way line, thinking "I bet it doesn't go in"!

That's clever; it's called speculation. Look it up.

Tiote doesn't need to shoot more, that's all that needs to be said really. He's entitled to a crack every now and then, as is even Danny Simpson if theres nothing better on and nothing else seems to be coming off.

I still don't see the point in restraining someone from shooting at goal! I find that pretty stupid to be honest. The point is that in this instance, should Tiote find himself in a good position to shoot, he should shoot. I'd rather he took a shot on goal than pass it backwards and break down the attack. He, for example, shouldn't be having speculative pops at goal, in the 91st minute when we're only 1-0 up. But that's a tactical thing and nothing to do with ability.