Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Depends who's bidding. If there was a bidding war between Chelsea and City we could easily fetch that kind of money, otherwise £20/25m sounds about right.

Yeah, tbh that's a very good price for a DM.

I'd feel more reassured if we had Guthrie on a long-term contract first though.

Depends who's bidding. If there was a bidding war between Chelsea and City we could easily fetch that kind of money, otherwise £20/25m sounds about right.

Yeah, tbh that's a very good price for a DM.

I'd feel more reassured if we had Guthrie on a long-term contract first though.

Money  :love:

It is like the Carroll situation where Best came in and did a decent job when Carroll was injured which showed that we could cope without him.  Likewise Guthrie has done well in Tiote's absence so they might think they don't need him anymore.

Chelsea deadly wants a replacement for Essien. Mikel and Ramires are proven shits who cannot dictate the midfield and Lampard is aging. They NEED Tiote. That's why we can demand a huge price from them.

40m may be a bit over but 30m isn't wide of the mark.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If the Tiote sale sparks the same improvement the Carroll sale did I am all for it

Don't think anyone can argue selling And Carroll is the primary reason we are where we are

Chelsea don't need Tiote, man. They can put out a midfield 3 that he wouldn't get anywhere near.

Watch their matches THIS season.  Last season I would agree with you.

There are doubts about Tiote's passing ability, which I would give you that.

If the Tiote sale sparks the same improvement the Carroll sale did I am all for it

Don't think anyone can argue selling And Carroll is the primary reason we are where we are

Nah it won't.  Carroll is the beneficial of our tactics specially designed for him.  Tiote is the base which allows us to deploy any tactics.  He has to be replaced, which we can't find any replacement.

Chelsea don't need Tiote, man. They can put out a midfield 3 that he wouldn't get anywhere near.

I've seen all but one of their matches this season, thanks.

They're missing a CB and a CF; in midfield they've looked very good. Lampard, Mata, Ramires, Meireles and Essien are all better players.

They're missing a CB and a CF; in midfield they've looked very good. Lampard, Mata, Ramires, Meireles and Essien are all better players.

But how many of those players you have listed there are playing in the same position as Tiote?

Well, here's a surprise.

Tiote is better than Ramires. Essien, we don't know if he will be the same player as he was before the injury, and Lampard, whilst still a good player is well past his best. Tiote would improve Chelsea in midfield in my humble. When you see Mikel getting a game fairly regularly, it's impossible not to say this.

I wouldn't say Tioté is better than Ramires. Different players though. Ramiers is much more dynamic and a very accomplished box-to-box player, reminds me of the way Bowyer used to play for Leeds when in his prime, even though he usually lined up on the wing. Tioté has become more dynamic, but doesn't get into the box or provide any deep running options.

Mikel on the other hand, more comfortable in possession, but Tioté's energy and urgency makes him a better player I think. I know Chelsea supporters who are almost as fed up with Mikel as they are with Kalou.

Guest Chubby Jason

As good as he is IMO Tiote isn't suited to play for Chelsea or Man United. Not good enough on the ball.

Man United have a terrible set of centre mids for a club of their stature. He'd walk into that team.