Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Didn't Scott Parker start out like this?

you'd rather he started shit ?

:lol:

Nah, just remember how some people loved Scott Parker for playing the exact same way then quickly became fed up for playing the same way and not trying forward passes.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote even does that twisty turny thing Parker used to do :lol:

But nah, he's a good player- was very good today. Fast and athletic, as well as a good midfielder.

you'd rather he started shit ?

Nah, just remember how some people loved Scott Parker for playing the exact same way then quickly became fed up for playing the same way and not trying forward passes.

Tiote brings the ball forward really well. There was one instance when he just ran through the centre of the pitch over a distance of 30 yards, playing three or four one twos before setting Shola off.

you'd rather he started s*** ?

i remember batty getting the same sort of shit,i'd much rather they played sideways or back if there is no forward option and as yet i've yet to see tiote take the wrong option.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

you'd rather he started s*** ?

i remember batty getting the same sort of shit,i'd much rather they played sideways or back if there is no forward option and as yet i've yet to see tiote take the wrong option.

Totally agree. Strange to think that perhaps Batty was a head of his time in the now fabled, and often obsessed over, Possession Football World. Just because you can't make a killer pass there and then, doesn't mean the guy to your left or right can't. Opens the play too.