Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest geordiemuff

Routlede was shite today mind , He dopes not know when too cross a ball , and when he does get the chance he does not know how to cross it

Hopefully now we'll get some more games on TV over here.

Was happy to follow on gamecast but this kind of win could get us more games in the states.

Great freakin' win.

It was on foxsoccer.tv broadband. Not as good as teevee but works.

Routlede was shite today mind , He dopes not know when too cross a ball , and when he does get the chance he does not know how to cross it

That's harsh.  I think he used his pace well and got in to good positions.  He did fanny around on the ball too much for my liking once in good positions and some of his crosses were blocked.  Still very useful player for our team as he gets the opposition on the back foot.  He linked up well with others too.

Anyway, do you reckon that caretaker manager will get the Villa job then?

:lol: No.

In hindsight should have played a defensive mid, probably Reo-Coker. People were mentioning before the start of the games (somewhere) that Ireland may not settle alongside Petrov, so maybe it should have been one or the other.

Albrighton (like he said) ran out of steam, but was a threat and was right to be selected. Jose though schooled him for the entire game. Jose looks solid with that GI joe haircut like.  :laugh:

I agree.

When Nolan scores, he contributes. When he doesn't score, he's pretty much invisible.

I think we'd be much better off if someone like Ben Arfa came in and improved our overall team play since that'll contribute to us creating more chances and controlling more of the ball.

Nolan tried today but when he sets off on a run it's as if time is standing still.

We were getting outplayed before Barton's screamer, and Nolan was a big factor. It's like playing with 10 men. But on set pieces he's dangerous and because Villa couldn't cope with Carroll there were chances for him to mooch.

Guest secteur2010

Apparently David Moyes was at the game to see Smith he want to bid for him ...

Moyes would probably get more out of Smith that NUFC has tbh. Smith's gone stale here and it is time to move on IMO.

Just back from the game.  Totally unexpected, but totally deserved result - Villa are not bad team at all, but we made them look ordinary.  Only negatives were Harper's dodgy kicks and Guiterez who didn't look on top form.  Other than that we can take only positives into the next game.

If we have to talk negatives let's be honest there were really only two - Harper conceding the penalty and Shola demonstrating the raw ambulatory prowess of a municipal courthouse. 

:dave: Hey now, god damn it....

Shola is our best...

Shit, I can't say that anymore.

Shola likes hats!

Thing about Nolan is that he has the best eye for goal in the team.

Pity it takes him so long to get near it, we lost loads of really good posession in the first half when he was played in and coudln't get to the ball before the opposition, even when he was in pole position.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we have to talk negatives let's be honest there were really only two - Harper conceding the penalty and Shola demonstrating the raw ambulatory prowess of a municipal courthouse. 

Hmm, Harper was possibly the 'weakest' part of that team performance. Some of his kicking was terrible. After he had kicked it, he went through the motion of kicking again and again, so there must be something up with his hamstring or something.

Other bad parts were the Ref's inconsistent booking (unless you wore a Toon shirt and you'd get a yellow). And finally, Jonás was poor again (even in a good team showing). I'm finally fed up of him standing still waiting for the ball to be passed into his feet. The guy needs to learn to make forward runs off the ball!

Apparently David Moyes was at the game to see Smith he want to bid for him ...

Moyes would probably get more out of Smith that NUFC has tbh. Smith's gone stale here and it is time to move on IMO.

Smith arrived stale.

Guest optimistic nit

I agree.

When Nolan scores, he contributes. When he doesn't score, he's pretty much invisible.

I think we'd be much better off if someone like Ben Arfa came in and improved our overall team play since that'll contribute to us creating more chances and controlling more of the ball.

Nolan tried today but when he sets off on a run it's as if time is standing still.

We were getting outplayed before Barton's screamer, and Nolan was a big factor. It's like playing with 10 men. But on set pieces he's dangerous and because Villa couldn't cope with Carroll there were chances for him to mooch.

he gets in the right positions though. ameobi wouldn't have scored either of nolans goals today. for the first he would have been wandering somewhere near the edge of the area/cornerflag/back post and nolan reacted increadibly well for the second, beating 3/4/5 villa players to the ball. he was one of our best players today, even if its only for the goals he scored, especially his first, which set the whole game up to be a drubbing.

Hopefully now we'll get some more games on TV over here.

Live on Setanta, Mike, get yourself sorted, cheep git :p

:lol: That still exists?

It does in Canada, get a satellite and pick it up.